ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for a new Aerial?

M135i
Then try to get hold of a Modus aerial :) Its about 4inches smaller than a normal one (well it was on my megane and clios :))
456819510_d974163ca5_b.png

Fabia vRS
Isn't the thread size different between the Mk2 Ph1 and the Mk2 Ph2? Cos the Ph1 is front mounted, and the Ph2 is rear mounted, I tried a Honda CTR aerial on my Ph1 and the thread diameter was too small IIRC.

I had previously used the the CTR aerial on my Mk4 POLO, and now my mate has it on His Almera GTi, so those threads are obviously all the same size.

If the Modus thread is large enough for the ph1, and radio reception is good, I might have ton try one of those. Aren't the Renault 'beesting' aerials amplified like the Honda and VW 'stings? IIRC the 'sting masts with the extra worm around the outside are amplified.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^^ Just ordered mine.

My CTR one has given up on reception.... so hopefully this will work!

Will be here on Wed lol :D

Thanks for the part number! They still didnt have a clue what i wanted.

M135i
Wey hey, a new craze of modus aerials. :) Thanks for giving out the part number, i was going to get it tomorrow but no need now :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Same as a vauxhall combo van :eek: Much shorter, bolts straight on, perfect fit looks the same as the standard jobbie. I just swapped mine off the works van! LOL

RenaultSport 197
Fitted my Modus aerial the other day, and I can back up what jimbo666 said about the size. It's much smaller and beesting-like than the original anal probe of an aerial.

I'll try and get pics at the meet. :)