ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking at getting a 172

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I at present drive a 106 gti but my car has been broken into 3 times now within a year so I think its time to move on, so I'm keeping my eye out for a black 172. Going to miss my 106. I hate idiots who break into cars I hope they rot in hell - rant over.

What i can't decide on is do I get the Mk1 172 which i like the look of or the MK2

decisions decisions

106 GTi
Welcome to CS

As for mk1 or mk2 I'd go for which ever your prefer looks wise. The last of the mk2's has the most toys.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
r-jay said:
Welcome to CS

As for mk1 or mk2 I'd go for which ever your prefer looks wise. The last of the mk2's has the most toys.

cheers mate for the welcome,

yeah it looks like the Mk2 may be the way to go, just been looking at danny's Mk2 for sale looks really nice. Always wanted one for a while now, the final straw was waking up bank holiday monday with the 106's window put through and the immobiliser wire cut - wan**rs.

Very similar performance between phase 1 and 2. Basically the choice will probably hinge on price, looks and spec (phase 2 has xenons auto wipers full climate etc which the phase 1 does not) Have you seen inside of both cars? because the dash on phase 1s sometimes puts people off despite them preferring the exterior styling.

Clio 172 Cup
I was after a Mk2 Cup, but went for a Mk1 as it was cheaper and had air/abs. It looks sportier than the non cup Mk2 IMO... ;)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Mk 2 !!

You can grab a bargain aswell I Paid 6800 for mine, 53 plate, 19k miles, All the toys, Climate ctrl, Traction ctrl, cruise ctrl, xenon headlights etc.
Personally prefer the look of the mk 2!

Mini Cooper S sport
They don't look 'shite' at all! Day's and Sawa's Mk1s look great in the metal.

I personally prefer the look of the Mk2s, but soon they'll ALL look dated when the Mk3 comes out..

Golf GTI PP Mk7
mk1 definately looks a little more 'hardcore tho' imo. if it was s straight choice between the 2 id take a mk2 tho, the interior quality clinches it.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Have a good look over both, when I bought my 172, i was prepared to have either, but got the best deal on a MK2.

A number of clios
im in the same boat mate but upto yet im goin towards phase 2 as the phase one dash has no storage space and the front end of the phase 2 is growing on me as i dint like grill but end of day its down to what you like mate :rolleyes: