ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Look out for this Clio soon

Some guy came in to my shop today (autopaint, leicester) and ordered some special effect paint for his car. He was very fussy about it and so i asked him what he was painting. He said " Dimma Clio with a Cosworth engine!".

Told him to bring it down when its done so ill try and get some pics.....

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I was suprised to hear it wasnt repaired when it went up, perhaps its making a come back.

To any one not in the know, its a Saphire 4x4 chassis, engine and gear box with a Clio Dimma shell, interior etc etc.

Think Dimma actually built it to 250 bhp then sold it on, the next owner wanted to tune it but over-did it a little.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

/\/\/\ youve lost me mate? Do what to it?

Original Dimma Clio?

Theyre just normal Clios with a phat body kit, not special editions or anything?

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 10 June 2004

Original Dimma Clio?

Theyre just normal Clios with a phat body kit, not special editions or anything?

no there factory built from new like it

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 10 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 10 June 2004

Original Dimma Clio?

no there factory built from new like it
Renault gave 40 to Dimma if I remember, off the factory to put their kit on it..

You can buy it aftermarket tho.

think most of the originals are probably in the hands of private collectors now tho :( shame but least they will still be round in years to come

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Ok - know what your saying, if it has Dimma on the logbook then perhaps itd be special but to me but if it hasnt then its just a normal Clio with a Dimma kit!

Id rather the Cossie engined one any way, be a lion on wolfs clothing!

Cost £25 k when it was new from Dimma. A bloke buy me bought it from them. Very nice. Got some pics of it from back then but are at home and im in uni. will try to post them.

whos been to ponty cruise....there is a sleeper Transit van..looks like burglar bill used it on a raid...old and tatty.

the f**ker has a cossie engine in.....funny as!

Quote: Originally posted by gunnergibson on 10 June 2004

whos been to ponty cruise....there is a sleeper Transit van..looks like burglar bill used it on a raid...old and tatty.

the f**ker has a cossie engine in.....funny as!

Ha ha! Lmfao :D

If its the same one as I think, its someones on Fiesta Turbo..

Got a video if it throwing flames etc.. heh.