ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little mk2 1.6 project

Clio 182
Going to be a thread of my 2002 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique, 2nd car I've owned and bit of a step up for a rusty old peugeot 206 1.1. Picked the car up back in april after the 206 blew up on me and been enjoying it since, mainly used for work which luckily involves a lot of fast/twisty back roads just about powerful enough without making my insurance some sort of a sick joke (only 19 with 1 year ncb). Gonna make this thread so i can see the progress on my car over time but will welcome any of your opinions and thoughts on what Ive done or what could be done to the car so lets start...

Think it was April 22nd when i picked up the car for what i thinking is a banging deal only £600 full service history only 75k on the clock and in pretty decent condition overall. Car was completely stock and only 1 owner from new which was a lovely little old woman.

After a good wash and polish this was the outcome, was a few things that needed addressing before I could happily drive this was a fresh set of rubber on the fronts (goodyear efficient grip performance), fix the leaking sunroof which was easily done by completely removing it stripping away the old seal and replacing it with a thick bead of bathroom sealant, worked a treat! and finally a new set of wipers.

Attachments

• IMG_1356.JPG
    IMG_1356.JPG
    423 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1350.JPG
    IMG_1350.JPG
    305.9 KB · Views: 46
  Clio 182
First off was a set of tinted team Heko wind deflectors picked them up online for a decent price and got them fitted to the car very quick job that makes a fair difference on the looks!
IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2082.JPG

Next up was to do something with the front fog lights, I've seen a few people on here tint them yellow not really a fan of this and wanted to keep the car looking pretty standard just with a few personal touches so when for a black fly eye over them and this was the end result!
IMG_2100.JPG
IMG_2125.JPG

Was pretty happy with how it looked at this point so it stayed this way for a few weeks whilst I was still getting to know the car and what else needed doing

Clio 182
As i started driving the car and doing some serious miles 500+ a week sometimes, the car was in need of a few need parts including disks, pads and catalytic converter as the brakes were feeling pretty balls and the exhaust was blowing like a B**ch. Trip down to the local euro car parts for a set of Brembo disks and pads went for the standard size but still a massive upgrade from what was on there before.
IMG_2095.JPG

Next up was to change the Catalytic converter and my god did i underestimate the job. Got the car up on some jacks and went under to investigate to find out that the bolts were completely rusted and as soon as i touched them with a spanned they pretty much rounded off in a few seconds. So out come the junior hack saw and i started to hack away at the old bolts took me about 20 minutes per bolt and a lot of blood sweat and tears later it finally come off and looked like this! what a mess
IMG_2106.JPG

Pulled off the exhaust manifold to drill out the old bolts, stuck it all back together with some fresh bolts and clamp and finally had a dead silent exhaust with no annoying blowing sound through the footwell

IMG_2110.JPG

Looked pretty cool after a good blast glowing in a sort of pinky purple colour! 100% is a job i never want to do again as it was such a pain but once it was all done I felt pretty satisfied as I thought it was gonna be a trip down to the local garage

megane,ph22xswiftgti
Good afternoon,
i am thinking of buying an exact sam clio, and modify it as a first trackcar. Low budget, eperience at max. Can you give me any tips and tricks? Would LOVE to see you post more

Edition 30
Good afternoon,
i am thinking of buying an exact sam clio, and modify it as a first trackcar. Low budget, eperience at max. Can you give me any tips and tricks? Would LOVE to see you post more

I had a 1.6 16v for 5 years.

Not much you can do really, Apex Springs, OZ F1's, Decent tyres.

You could strip it and stick some bucket seats in but besides an engine transplant I'd enjoy it as it is.

megane,ph22xswiftgti
I had a 1.6 16v for 5 years.

Not much you can do really, Apex Springs, OZ F1's, Decent tyres.

You could strip it and stick some bucket seats in but besides an engine transplant I'd enjoy it as it is.
Thank you. This is what I am thinking of doing. Stabilizators, springs, tyres and oz's and maybe a cold air intake.