ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF Progress!

172 Cup
I was gonna say, this car is definitely showing signs of a pretty good map already on like!

LY 182
Possibly still standard then.. but the map looks very good for a standard map
I hope it is still standard so theres room for more power! Alot of people say that the high milage ones tend to make better figures aswell as everything is loosend up and nicely ran in at over 100k miles ;)

LY FF182
Isn't that just what the people with high mileage ones say?? Haha :p end of the day, it looks lovely, makes good figures, and no doubt goes like stink!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Nice to meet you tonight Josh and see the LY. Looks like a mint one although a little hard to see properly in the dark lol.

LY 182
Nice to meet you tonight Josh and see the LY. Looks like a mint one although a little hard to see properly in the dark lol.
Yeah cheers mate it was good to meet you, although everytime i look at my car it makes me want turinis now haha!

The alacantara bits look mint! Well pleased with them, some pics,
D36BF8D9-57AC-4D69-A204-0C9A5222922D_zpsyn2vqssj.jpg

349546D3-9119-4C7B-B496-E303AED2FF9C_zpslwvd45nc.jpg

65D2B3AE-AF41-409E-AA10-70F4697EF8D3_zpsk9y0lfsi.jpg

Last edited:

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Apologies. Haha. Turinis will make it look even better though, they are simply the best wheel for a clio.

Interior looks fantastic btw.

LY 182
Posties dropped a few bits off this morning, try and get them fitted over the weekend
powerflex dogbone mount and new style RS badge

85AB1D19-3C76-499B-BDA8-0A62F57C682A_zpsocomb34x.jpg

172 phase 1
lovely color this!
Nice work on the alacantara dude were did you buy it from ebay? wat glue did you use?
wouldint mind doing a few bits on my ph1

LY 182
lovely color this!
Nice work on the alacantara dude were did you buy it from ebay? wat glue did you use?
wouldint mind doing a few bits on my ph1
Cheers, i never did it mate, Austin-182 does it and i bought it all off him, hees on ebay aswell but your best off sending him a pm on here and hd can probably sort you out! Hees a couple of posts up ^^^

LY 182
Documents came back for me to put my plate on aswell this morning so i fitted the badge while i was on with them

B7188905-2655-4E81-92B3-45F26D8CEA62_zpsyul8kilj.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
That number plate is just plain stupid. Spoils the car.

LY 182
Well today we never had much to do in college so managed to persuade the tutor to let me bring my car in, i fitted the polybushed dogbone mount, the new bottom arms, and the battery cover

F3C99EE3-9477-471E-BA93-C9E03AF0943B_zpsiata2gbl.jpg

6686E4DC-4030-4944-BDB9-2017ED441619_zpsv235beed.jpg

7D52F10E-85BA-48BF-AE0C-C6FEDE920CE6_zpszuuyfpj9.jpg

can anyone tell if that dent is supposed to be in the manifold where it goes over the arb ?
Cheers

LY 182
At a guess, no. Car looks great though :)
Thats what i was thinking, i know its a common problem that when the dogbone mount is worn it hits the arb, but i wasnt sure if thats something renault had changed on the 182 to try and overcome it,

i also went on a rather long drive to meet Coops Turbo to buy his pure motorsport solid top mounts and strut brace so looking forward to getting them fitted!
Also gave me a chance to test the polybushed dogbone mount , wasnt expecting much but the difference is night an day! Soo much tighter changes, there is a little bit more vibration on idle especially on a cold start but its deffinatly worth it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah the mount makes a nice difference, but sacrifice a bit of vibration, all part of the fun lol.

LY 182
Well not much to update recently as the cars off the road with gearbox issues, think its the diff so im going to be buying one of grippers new LSD which are supposedly quiet and should last over 50,000 miles on a road car without needing a rebuild accoriding to the man on the phone!
Took delivery of a nice new full brake package courtesy of G172 today,
Front brembo max disks
Front DS2500 pads
Rear genuine disks inc bearings/abs ring
Rear mintex pads and some nice Super Blue Racing Fluid
FC34BD7A-FAE8-465B-9E55-C947BFDF95DE_zps8iq85ajs.jpg

LY 182
Coming along nicely josh :approve: did you get the box out ok? From the picture it looks like the 90 degree bend needs trimming abit so it's not bent.

Cheers, yeah got it out ok, had a nightmare with billingham transmissions though, they had it for 3 days and still hadnt stripped it so i took it back off them and it got sent up to griper yesterday so they can just to the full lot, not looking forward to getting it back in haha! Yeah it probably could do with trimming abit, i just shot it on and left it lmfaoo

Thats not what you want mate :( did the subframe bolts give you any chew lol?

if you dont mind josh will you txt me with a price with a price what gripper are charging? Are you getting the new type?

Haha ill let you off then

LY 182
Thats not what you want mate :( did the subframe bolts give you any chew lol?

if you dont mind josh will you txt me with a price with a price what gripper are charging? Are you getting the new type?

Haha ill let you off then

No they came out fairly easy tbh! I was supprised, and yeah i will do mate :)

LY 182
Got a few more parts arrived ready to be put on when the gearbox is back in, got a new center section of the revised scorpion RS192 system as mine was cracked and blowing like mad! Cant fault scorpions service, i sent them an email on monday explaining the situation and the new pipe was here on wednesday!

5138FFE0-29B3-4CB2-9B2D-89C4E0A9E115_zpskjxvfan9.jpg

FAA48997-FA8B-4545-8C5D-6CFFEC60202D_zpsgzurrmqd.jpg

also my new 197/200 style smooth bullets are ready to be put that i got in the spray shack group buy

912D4FEB-6AC4-4CCB-8D57-9A2F6092C4BD_zpspfgbwomj.jpg

and got my powerflex inner ARB bushes fitted this morning, just the PMS solid top mounts/brace and a vibratechnics gearbox mount to put on now ready to be back on the road with the new gripper LSD

AD79F404-EA05-40E0-B452-B3721C4C39B6_zps9qtlsz3s.jpg

clio 1.2, prelude
oooh now isnt this lovely!!! iv always loved liquid yellow! pain in the arse to paint though haha