ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LeMans 2011 Team Tour... 'We ride fast, We ride light'... losers assemble.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Paying for our ferry next week, wont be on the same one as you lot though but keep an eye out for the trophy on the camp sites.

Do people take out their rear seats to fit more stuff in? I was thinking about having everything out the back of mine for more room but not sure I can deal with 500 miles of exhaust noise at 70

DCi 100
Paying for our ferry next week, wont be on the same one as you lot though but keep an eye out for the trophy on the camp sites.

Do people take out their rear seats to fit more stuff in? I was thinking about having everything out the back of mine for more room but not sure I can deal with 500 miles of exhaust noise at 70

ear-protection1.jpg

;)

On a series note though, all that s**t in the back will reduce some of the noise atleast. Was fine last year in a 172 with a prospeed exhaust on. Not deadly silent but not ear bleeding!

I know I'm going to take mine out to fit in all the bits and bobs, no other way!

Mercedes
Just thinking if we camp at the same place as last time do we need to get a ticket if we are going to watch

DCi 100
So are people just getting campsite tickets or going for race tickets aswell?

I quite fancy getting about abit more this year tbh. Got whole 24 hours to do so.

Lionel Richie
^technically Alex, there's 4 days to do ;)

not too fussed about a race ticket, you don't get to see much more by h'actually entering the main bit, although might get a grandstand seat

need a BIG fridge, me and the indian did 24 cans a day last year

BMW M5 & E36
Sorry to interrupt, but are you lot staying at 'Beausejour'? Is that the same as you did last year? Recommended? Looking so late only leaves a few sites, and that's one of the options.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yes thats where we were last year, a campsites a camp site really in all honesty, the front half flooded and was like a mud bath but beyond that was alright

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I looked on P&O ferries website last night for crossing at the times mentioned.

The price seems to have gone from £69 to £78

Even though the options say £39 outbound & £30 return :S

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
EDIT Ive checked again this morning and the price is £39 each way, the site must have been slow updating the options last night.

Im not too bothered about the price, what does everyone else think?

Lotus Elise
Grandstand seats are the best thing ever, When its 2 in the morning cold and pissing it down you can sit there watching the pits with radio le mans on and admire all the work being done by the teams. Its brilliant.

Mercedes
Good News, i have just been speaking to the directors and we can now do a deal on the ferry i can sell them for £70.00 so if anybody wants them contact me, i can also do Eurotunel and the long sea routes (ports/Caen) if anybody wants them.

Mercedes
Also should add that the public rate is now £79.00 its not a massive discount but id sooner save you £9 quid

Mercedes
If you want to wait while 6 thats fine, if you let me know the crossings you want i will see what i can do, the price i put up is for whats know as peak time crossings, if you want to go before 6 in the morning and after 2:01 in the afternoon

DCi 100
Still fancy getting onto grand stand and dunlop curves etc. Other that that we can just go through the forest again to the indi corners maybe.

Whiteley;
Beausejour was good last year. Driving in past Karting Nord on the thursday etc everyone seemed to be in within an inch of each other. Same story with BJ but if you get at the back there's plenty of space. Everyone crams in on saturday obviously for the race but by sunday mid day/afternoon they're mostly gone again. As said a camp site is a camp site really. Plenty of atmosphere where ever you go I guess.