ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leeRS Clio Sport 172 ph2

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Haven’t spoken to them but presuming they are in stock?

It shows low stock but I don’t want to be waiting 10 weeks lol.

Reckon just order them online and take it as they are in stock?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Fred at frogjam has sorted me out 👍
200.gif

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Just swapped the discs over, no problem at all…

But..
the rear wheels don’t spin freely on their own when jacked up.
Like I’m having to physically push them round. Sounds like the pads are up against the disc to tightly. No, handbrake is not on.

What did I do wrong this time? 😂

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Just swapped the discs over, no problem at all…

But..
the rear wheels don’t spin freely on their own when jacked up.
Like I’m having to physically push them round. Sounds like the pads are up against the disc to tightly. No, handbrake is not on.

What did I do wrong this time? 😂
Did you twist the piston all the way in to the caliper prior to fitting your pads?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
So my next daft questions. There’s a small tab on one pad (per side), I assume you fitted these right way around - as in it slotted into the caliper piston correctly? Also, do the sliders move freely - caliper moves side to side? Is the handbrake adjusted correctly - not too tight?

If you got everything fitted correctly, I’d just give it a little run up the road and see if it sorts itself out.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
What are my options here then…
Either run a die set on the originals or try and source some. I bought all the bolts in Scotts list when I did my first rear beam, but the bolts were slightly different, so just tidied up the originals. I still have them but with something like that where there’s movement from the slider, I didn’t want to mess about with it.

RPD have a link to the bolts here - https://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/7700656379/

Fill the form in or give them a ring, you might get lucky.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Right so…

I’ve managed to fix everything.

New Calipers on, new spacers on, new discs on, new pads in.

The handbrake had seized on and not being able to get my hands on new cables I’ve just removed the handbrake completely.
No need for it on track car so one less thing to go wrong.

You were correct - I hadn’t lined up the little nipple on the rear pads correctly with the caliper. Mainly because it must have been turned that much with a flat head in the past that there wasn’t much to line between.
That’s all sorted now though and wheels are spinning freely.

Fingers crossed all is well for the next one which as it stands is CSF24 at Anglesey but I might try and sneak a cheeky Blyton in, in June.

Thanks for your help and advice as always. Much appreciated!