ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leeds/Yorks based 172 wanted for chipping (v cheap!)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
I bet we will be closer to 275 tbh Jon. Trying to book the RR at the mo but so far not so good. All seem to be booked up:( .
If anyone knows a reliable RR in the Leeds area please feel free to let me know!

Cheers

Paul

What sort of gains can you get on the 1.5 dci 65bhp as more power could be handy. Feel quiet un important after loads of people with there 172's and 182's and i have a little 65bhp under the hood.

LOL

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Karl, PM Paul, he was doing his wifes DCI after I left last week. I think was a 65 and he said it should go to 90/100. Can't remember exactly which.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
karlwillett said:
What sort of gains can you get on the 1.5 dci 65bhp as more power could be handy. Feel quiet un important after loads of people with there 172's and 182's and i have a little 65bhp under the hood.

LOL

95 Hp Mate!

MKIII 138
looking forward to seeing a 4-5 peoples before and after RR`d sessions once mapped to 182`s and 172`s so peeps can evaluate the real world gains.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
rob172cup said:
crap just read the post id be up fpr a dicounted one though
LOL. Sorry mate, No.1 is already on the silver bullet. The real world gains are really good though and would be worth full price let alone the discounted rate.

jonnyboy said:
The other map thats for the normal ECU type is actually probably even more aggressive than the one you have one, and that one increases the rev limiter even higher to 8,200 wheras the one you have I think goes to 7,500?

I wouldn't dare to run a 172 engine upto 8200rpm mate, the engine is simply not balanced well enough to be able to hold together, it is a risk that your guy will have to take, but if one of his customers who gets an 8200rpm limiter bounces it quite a bit he'll be looking at a shot engine, and a (very) unhappy customer.....

Elise/VX220/R26
R sport'd 172s have never been a problem, plus its common sense really not to take the car up to a grand on every gear change!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The mk2 172 and I presume 182 have a shift light which gives an indication as to when to change gear so you would never normally go beyond this as it would not be a safe or particularly quick way of making progress.
The limiter on my map is somewhere between 7250 and 7500, not exactly sure which but the only time I have been there was to find out where it was for the purcpose of testing the map.
Other than that, you wouldn't go near 8200 but would still be able to utilise the higher rev limit.

Elise/VX220/R26
theres no power up there anyway so its more of a party trick than a functional part of the map, could save you going into 4th on 1/4 mile runs tho

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
We have just returned from the rolling road so the printouts will be uploaded by ben soon. We have settled on a map which runs slightly less HP than the others tested (only +5hp) but produces 12lbft torque more! The car feels really good to drive and i feel we have had a very good result. (backed up with the new power curve)

Also, the megane ran 267.4 with an extra 35lbft torque!
Estimated price for the clios will be between 250-275.

Cheers

Paul

MKIII 138
pmurray said:
We have just returned from the rolling road so the printouts will be uploaded by ben soon. We have settled on a map which runs slightly less HP than the others tested (only +5hp) but produces 12lbft torque more! The car feels really good to drive and i feel we have had a very good result. (backed up with the new power curve)

Also, the megane ran 267.4 with an extra 35lbft torque!
Estimated price for the clios will be between 250-275.

Cheers

Paul

feck me i bet that meganes in the high-mid 5`s to sixty now. really looking forward to gains, even more so when your man gets a few more customers in and a few independant RR`d.
mainly when i get my 4-2-1 182 manifold and sport cat (ktec) + hill power induction i would like to be able to map properly

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Only problem with rolling road would be every car will produce slightly different power so one may read 180 remapped but was 175 before the map. I.e. The car would have to be rolling roaded on the same road with the same conditions on the same day to get accurate results. The road i used today was over in Halifax and the guys were spot on. If you still need some more proof then contact me and i'll do one for £170 including a few power runs on te road i used today.(They have a very expensive road!)

Cheers

Paul

Elise/VX220/R26
its worth mentioning that the cars tested to day were run on the same rollers on the same car with and without the remaps, you cant get any more accurate than that.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The results are in.
I have attached a dyno plot showing the standard map on my car vs the new map. As Paul said, we went for a map which offered 1-2 less bhp but added much more torque lower down the rev range, check out the torque gains between 2300 and 4000 rpm. There's about 12-13 lb ft there which in real world terms is massive, especially so low down the rev range.
The map really has made the car more driveable but has also added a kick throughout the range with 5200+ acceleration being much quicker.
Have a look: http://members.lycos.co.uk/ebusiness04/172 map.pdf

Clio 197
I like-it!

The torque increase is good.

New Torque @ 2400rpm = Old Torque @ 3000rpm
New Torque @ 3000rpm = Old Torque @ 4000rpm
New Torque @ 4000rpm = Old Torque @ 5000rpm

And finally Max Torque has increased too.

I'd say that's worth the money, based on what I can see.

So, howabout having this done for a 182 then?

Do you want a 182 test-mule ? (available immediately).

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Looking at the S'chips site, they claim 13 nm of torque increase which equates to just over 9 lb ft. The map on my car has gained somewhere between 12 and 14 lb ft but between 4 and 6 bhp. We also tried a map, as Paul said which would have given nearer the 9 bhp gains Superchips claim but less torque than we have achieved now.
In terms of real world performance, this map has proved to be spot on giving some much needed low down shove.
Try it, you might like it.

jzr

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
oh i want it done. will u come to my house please i live in south west wales.

If i wanted this done how long will it take an how much an were abouts are u can i have a post code

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
jzr said:
oh i want it done. will u come to my house please i live in south west wales.

If i wanted this done how long will it take an how much an were abouts are u can i have a post code
I'm not sure of Pauls exact postcode mate but try this, it's about 10 secs from his house in Leeds: LS16 7QD.
The price is between £250 and £275 and takes about 15-20 mins.
Well worth the cash. Drop him a PM, pmurray on this thread.