ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED Dash conversion

Vw Passat, clio 182
Anyone fancy doing mine? I could travel to you. I don't fancy taking my dash apart myself and send it to you, as i haven't got a clue what to do.
Thanks

Last edited:
  Vw Passat, clio 182
Suffolk (Ipswich roughly)
mate, i dont mind travelling if the work is good. I've just seen yours. I want dials like yours.
PM me how much you'll charge for doin dials and the rest. ie climate unit, hazards,windows switches.

Thanks

Titanium 182
Don't try it yourself, it's horrible. Fiddly and annoying and takes ages, mine still isn't finished. Take the last parts out of my dashboard this weekend to send to Richy to do for me because he's a hero.

Vw Passat, clio 182
Don't try it yourself, it's horrible. Fiddly and annoying and takes ages, mine still isn't finished. Take the last parts out of my dashboard this weekend to send to Richy to do for me because he's a hero.
I don't know anything about electrical. So im not brave enough to do it. I've Pm'ed Richy but had no reply from him yet.

Iceberg Ph1
Honestly isn't that hard, a steady hand and a decent temp controlled soldering iron is all you need.. Mine took about 1hour to do, say 1 and half with dash out and dash back in..

IMG_0128.jpg

Vw Passat, clio 182
Honestly isn't that hard, a steady hand and a decent temp controlled soldering iron is all you need.. Mine took about 1hour to do, say 1 and half with dash out and dash back in..

IMG_0128.jpg
I've haven't got a clue at all mate. i don't want to try this and end up f*cking up my car. I rather pay someone who knows what they're doing.
Anyone who wants to do it for me,I'll pay you.
Thanks/

ITB BG 182

IMG_0128.jpg
This is what i would want on mine apart from the trip computer leaving std colour.
I would be more than happy to travel some where and let them do it for 2 or 3 hours rather than attempt it myself plus to pay them in cans or cash would be down to them.

I'm looking to give mine a go this coming week, all be it a Ph1...I'll post my results and if you're willing to travel to Brum I wouldn't mind doing it for you.

I was thinking of blue fuel & temp gauge and white speedo/tacho but that's made me rethink my plans...

Will keep you posted...

I done mine the other night, it's alot easier than I was expecting.

100_0914-720.gif

100_0915-720.gif

They were taken in day light which is why I think the white looks so faded - not had a chance to get night pictures yet.

ITB BG 182
Im also in Nottingham and would not mind traveling a little distance, i would do it myself but i do not have a steady hand at all.

Fogs on. Chav ;)

Red needles would look good.

I noticed that after I took the pic but couldn't be bothered to retake it - must have slipped when turning side lights on :eek:

James/John/Mick - That's not a problem I'm up for doing yours too but I'm not free untill the middle/end of August. Drop me a PM with some contact details & an idea of what you want colour wise and I'll give you a shout when I find some time. If you don't hear anything towards the end of August drop me a reminder.

Cheers,
Mike.

n/a
what do people charge for these? im from leicester and wouldnt mind travelling or paying for a good service and would anybody do the heat contral and clock aswell?

Clio 182 arctic
seriously guys, its a piece of piss. i had never done anything before like this and i managed fine, armed with my £12 soldering iron from b&q and a load of smd/led's. it went fine, i bought around 80 blue smd's n didnt even need to use any of the spares. everyone i put on worked 1st time and still does. it really is easy especially the clocks. what you will find is that you take too much care and dont heat the solder enough and struggle to get the old ones off but once you ralize you need a bit of force (well with a cheap fairly wide tipped iron neway) it all works out nicely.

ITB BG 182
Barker, it maybe easy for most people but i suffer from the shakes. My metabolism rate is through the roof (dr said from blood tests) and this makes me shake when i dont have enough sugar. Yes your most proberbly saying 'have more sugar then' but its not as simple as that. My hands are constantly shaking, maybe only minor but if im worrying about stuffing up on my clocks it will be worse.
I would rather drive to Brum to pay some one else to do it and know they can do a good job than risk doing it myself.

It's a piece of cake.

Follow Fubar's guide in the guides section to remove the dash and then it's just another 4 screws to remove the clocks followed by 2 plugs at the back with all the cables.

iceberg 172
anyone done a guide on how to change the switch leds(e.g rear window heater and locking and also the window switchies)

Twingo Dynamique
i have put up a guide. watch this. its what i used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dotVYFoORUk

why dont you get another set of dash clocks with similar mileage and post it to someone. then fit it later. its only 10 or so screws

why would you need a set with similar mileage? if you have the resources to plug into a pc.. cant remember the technical term, is it not possible to alter the mileage like it is on scenics when a new one is replaced? i've done a couple of them in the workshop now and the mileage can be set from the clock dial, is it not the case on clios?