ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Le Mans Blue E39 ///M5

Awesome cars. Looks a superb example too.

I've also noticed than Mr Freeman has started considering those now too even though I'm sure he wasn't too keen on the idea when I suggested it in his thread ;)

These cars really do grow on you.

I was keen I assure you. The m5 was pretty high up the list to begin with, along with the e46 m3. The difference then however, I was in favour of the m3, now I prefer the m5.

Around 50-60k new yeah.

That's the main worry I have, if something goes wrong, you're having to fix an expensive car, despite costing around £10k now.

BMW M5 & E36
£60k for a standard car at the time from what I can gather, so 65/70 with options ticked no doubt. It's an awful lot of car for the money they fetch these days, and fingers crossed the good ones left won't lose much more.

S4 Avant
Bought a german barge and kept the Renault hatchback, I see what you did there....

Massive one up on me though!

An orange one
Yeah they are a proper bargain now, the e39 is said to be bombproof in build quality too, Weren't they said to be th best car in the world at one point?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
You're not far from Derby are you dude? I need to see this, really wanted one but chose the M3 instead!
Looks amazing!

R14 CUP
Saw this in the flesh - it's a fantastic looking / sounding car. Makes me want a ///M car more than ever!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I used to love them, not they look so so dated. Still epic though.

Once I'm out of the company car scheme I'm getting an E60.

Fantastic.

My mate used to have one in a very similar spec, he took me out in it a couple of times and it couldn't half shift. It might be heavy, but as soon as he put his foot down, it just picked up and fucked off!

His experience with it was an expensive one though, I understand they can be eyewatering to own.

Leon Cupra 300
Not a bad word to say about that.

One of the few big cars blue works on too IMO.

I looked at one years back when I got rid of my Megane but thought it would ruin me. Bought 330cd instead.

BMW M5 & E36
Cheers all. I'm away with work all week so won't have chance to use it until next weekend at the earliest but I've got a fair bit of time off over Christmas which will give me some time with it.

Saw this in the flesh - it's a fantastic looking / sounding car. Makes me want a ///M car more than ever!

Doesn't sound too bad does it!

Stunning. Would love a go in one.

Probably better on fuel than my 200 as well :(

No end of people have made comment about the fuel it uses. Whilst I've averaged 17mpg over 200 miles so far, I'll probably only do a few K a year in it so its barely a concern. If I was bothered about mpg then I'd maybe have looked elsewhere.

I used to love them, now they look so so dated. Still epic though.

Once I'm out of the company car scheme I'm getting an E60.

They do look dated yep, I'll give you that! E60 repair costs would likely make this look cheap though, and I wanted a manual.

The MPG does scare me a bit, but I would be doing about 5k a year, maybe a bit more, as I cycle to work. So the running costs won't bother me too much.
And I'm used to having a car with a small fuel tank, I think putting 100 quid into a car would be take a bit of getting used too!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Absolutely awesome! Been looking at these the past couple of years. Every year my insurance quotes drop by a good £1500+....

SOON.

BMW M5 & E36
Absolutely awesome! Been looking at these the past couple of years. Every year my insurance quotes drop by a good £1500+....

SOON.

At 23 its more reasonable than you might think, admiral did me a good deal on a multicar policy by matching my Megane no claims over, works out quite well.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Proper car that whilst dated is still just blooming awesome.

Amazing how the e39 just shrinks around you when driving as well!!

Something special about an ///M. Made me look at breadvans again ffs.

I keep coming back to this thread in hope of more pictures, and I think I've constantly got pistonheads open on the e39 page dreaming for one!.
Can't be healthy.

BMW M5 & E36
I keep coming back to this thread in hope of more pictures, and I think I've constantly got pistonheads open on the e39 page dreaming for one!.
Can't be healthy.

I'm sure I'll put some more up over New year, I've got some holiday to use up so won't be at work until the 16th of Jan after this Friday, plenty of time.

Good ones sell quickly, I was checking every day for weeks so stick with it!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
If I could afford the fuel bills i'd be tempted as a next car.

Fuel is the least of your worries tbh.

If it breaks
smiley-sex011.gif