ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lawro's Super Clean Titanium 182 - Progress Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Looks great mate, i can not wait for the better weather to come so i can start using mine again. :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Brecon drive I reckon..;)

That is a great shout! May have to wait until after Christmas now as I expect it will be foggy as hell up there.

Looks great mate, i can not wait for the better weather to come so i can start using mine again. :)

Cheers buddy! Wish I could tuck mine up in the winter but don't think I could stop driving it for 4 or 5 months lol! Might have to get another next year and store this one away during the winter.

Cheers chap! We need to get together for a drive soon!

I was actually out round Brecon yesterday as I had an afternoon to kill.
This miss the sun and the dry weather but was still fun, even if I was alone.
Car came back absolutely filthy.

I currently have nothing planned but next time I go out I can give you a shout if you like?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I was actually out round Brecon yesterday as I had an afternoon to kill.
This miss the sun and the dry weather but was still fun, even if I was alone.
Car came back absolutely filthy.

I currently have nothing planned but next time I go out I can give you a shout if you like?

I bet it did, the roads are bad enough up there in the dry lol!

Yeah, keep me in the loop buddy! Being honest, I am so busy until Christmas now but in January I will definitely be game.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Update:

On Saturday afternoon I went along to the rolling road meet at Tipton Garage in Exeter with the SouthWest CS guys.

I haven't done too much performance wise so far other than a full Scorpion RS192 exhaust with Decat, Matched Inlets and a ITG panel filter but I thought, what the hell, I would like to know that the car is nice and healthy so went along!

I'm glad I did, it was a great day out and I met a few new faces which is always nice.

I was hoping for anything over 170bhp and thankfully I wasn't disappointed!

Snap on the rollers:
11073887855_0899fa6bfe_c.jpg

Rolling Road - Tipton by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Rolling Road Print-out:
11074050643_ddb4904b04_c.jpg

RR Print Out by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Pretty healthy result at 183.6BHP corrected and 147.5lb.ft so all is well!

On the way home, I popped in to see my good friend Leighton who noticed my exhaust was blowing upon arrival.

Got the car up on the ramp and it became evident that my centre section had cracked at the weld around the join on the box. Unfortunately, no photos of this but he welded it up as a temporary measure.

On Monday I called Scorpion to discuss the issue with them. They advised that the exhaust is protected by a lifetime warranty and they would send me a new centre section straight away.

Sure enough, the next day it turned up and they have sent me the brand new revised section which features a new much narrower silencer. Hoping this should stop the original issues they seem to suffer with as the centre box seems to hang pretty low down and is easy to catch on speed bumps etc.

11073890634_3b3afc6480_c.jpg

Scorpion Centre Section by Lawro1988, on Flickr

11073876806_fb32aca4ab_c.jpg

Scorpion Centre Section by Lawro1988, on Flickr

I also bought a new cat fitting kit from Adam at Wolverhampton Renault as good measure.

Fantastic service from Scorpion, I was extremely impressed with how swift they were and no squabbling at all! The new section
is due to be fitted on Thursday morning so looking forward to hearing the difference between the two.

Replacement parts by Lawro1988, on Flickr

The car was fitted with some anthracite coloured bullets which were looking very tired and weren’t the best colour match so I purchased some of Sprayshack’s smoothed bullets in cup ‘205-110’ anthracite with Titanium Silver lettering.

9772245023_5d267c2915_c.jpg

SprayShack Bullets by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Speedline Turini by Lawro1988, on Flickr

9772528785_b3f8262260_c.jpg

TPI Polarised Bolts by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Sorry im being lazy.. But where did you purcahse both of these items from? Do you have a link or anything?

Any help would be appricated!

Your cars beaut btw ;)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Sorry im being lazy.. But where did you purcahse both of these items from? Do you have a link or anything?

Any help would be appricated!

Your cars beaut btw ;)

Cheers pal!

I get at least a PM a week asking about bolts etc so I might as well add it to the thread lol!

Bolts are TPI Polarised, the size you need are 12x1.5 with a 28mm Length. I purchased mine from Demon Tweeks over the phone when I bought a few other bits but you can get them from various sites online for around £70.

The bullets are from SprayShack, however he has stopped trading at the moment so I am unsure if you will be able to purchase them any longer.

Hope that helps.

Cheers pal!

I get at least a PM a week asking about bolts etc so I might as well add it to the thread lol!

Bolts are TPI Polarised, the size you need are 12x1.5 with a 28mm Length. I purchased mine from Demon Tweeks over the phone when I bought a few other bits but you can get them from various sites online for around £70.

The bullets are from SprayShack, however he has stopped trading at the moment so I am unsure if you will be able to purchase them any longer.

Hope that helps.

Cheers for the info mate! I will prob buy a set sometime this week. I seem to be buying all sorts for mine atm!

I'm glad you got your car back btw!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Seeing those TPI bolts does make me want them. Mine went all manky so that has put me off but they do look smart.

I just gave them a few coats of wax and they have been fine. I have removed them now though for winter as I didn't fancy seeing them covered in grit lol!

Oh I like the look of that revised center silencer, mine slightly split at the weld but I siliconed it.

Being smaller I'm wondering if the new silencer will sound slightly raspier? If you know how much it cost even though they replaced FOC could you PM me?

Thanks.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Oh I like the look of that revised center silencer, mine slightly split at the weld but I siliconed it.

Being smaller I'm wondering if the new silencer will sound slightly raspier? If you know how much it cost even though they replaced FOC could you PM me?

Thanks.

It sounds a lot better, it's slightly louder and much raspier, especially at lower revs. I also noticed it seems to run a lot better on cold start than it did beforehand.

Its £150 delivered for the centre section, that's what it states on my invoice anyway. If yours split I would call them mate, I am confident they will help you out. Their Customer service is the best I have ever encountered.

Thanks :) I've sent them an email being honest that I bought the exhaust second hand so understand about the warranty but asking if they can help me in any way, £150 was sort of what I was expecting so if they cant I still may take the plunge.

I bet it sounds much better.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Thanks :) I've sent them an email being honest that I bought the exhaust second hand so understand about the warranty but asking if they can help me in any way, £150 was sort of what I was expecting so if they cant I still may take the plunge.

I bet it sounds much better.

Its built a lot better too, my mechanic was really impressed with the difference in quality!

Mine came on the car when I purchased it and I had no proof of purchase either, from what I can make out it looks like it was fitted about 2 years ago but whether it was new then or not I am not sure.

They were brilliant with me, can't fault them at all!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I haven't had much time to myself of late so I decided to go for a drive early Boxing Day morning.

Conditions were lovely.. nice fresh air, clear skies and miles of empty roads! I drove from Bournemouth up through Ringwood onto the B3081 towards Shaftesbury so I could visit Zig Zag Hill and the long winding straights of the A350 that head onto the A36.

The car felt superb and the morning was made even better by the addition of a Nissan GTR and brand new 911 GT3 that I met on route. The guys were really friendly, stopped for a chat and we then continued on into Bath when I later made the trip back home.

Feels great to spend some time giving the car some stick and enjoying some of the great roads we have here in the UK!

Anyway, few snaps of the old girl..

11574478295_fe056fd908_c.jpg

Zig Zag Hill by Lawro1988, on Flickr

11574693353_5792013a4b_c.jpg

Zig Zag Hill by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Clio 182 and Boxster
Hi there, I live not too far from Shaftesbury and love nothing more than blasting my Clio up Zig Zag and the road beyond!!!!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Sounds like you had a nice drive, was they going for it?

And I thought you was selling?

Yeah mate, was awesome! They were flying, I was okay in the twisties.. Dead on the straights lol! Great fun all the same, the guy with the GT3 on picked it up on Xmas Eve so only had it 2 days but he wasn't hanging about. It's nice to see cars like that being used properly.

It is possibly in the pipeline mate but depends if I find an R26 I like basically.. I'm worried I will regret selling it though.

Audi A5
Yeah be very carful when picking an R26, I bought a LY one once that turned out to be a nail and it costed me a fortune, like the clios, if their neglected the stuff that needs doing can soon add up, but on a bigger scale with the Meg's.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Don't sell it!! Love your car.

Cheers Ash! It's only a possibility right now. I'm pretty attached to it still lol!

Yeah be very carful when picking an R26, I bought a LY one once that turned out to be a nail and it costed me a fortune, like the clios, if their neglected the stuff that needs doing can soon add up, but on a bigger scale with the Meg's.

Yeah I have been reading up about them a fair amount and a few of my friends have them so I have some idea on what to look for etc.. Seems to be a fair bit to check for on them.

I'm only interested in a GW R26 with xenon's and full leather recaros so chances of finding one are pretty slim
anyway. I'm happy with the clio for the mean time and will keep going with the plans until I find the right replacement.

I love my meg :) usually my first choice when I dont need work bus...

I just like the fact they are a bit more civilised than the clio and the fact they are slightly bigger is also a bonus with having a little one. It's just one of those cars you can turn up to a track day, hoon it round for the afternoon and drive it back home. They are pretty well sorted out the box with some decent brake pads and some springs.

I then decided to replace all the bolts with stainless items. I replaced the slam panel, headlight and wing bolts with stainless black items and the airbox, fuel rail and engine cover with stainless steel bolts.

9772658086_39e58f45f6_c.jpg

Stainless Airbox bolts by Lawro1988, on Flickr

9772658436_e3ceb40c7e_c.jpg

Stainless Engine bolts by Lawro1988, on Flickr

9772658606_23e448e517_c.jpg

Headlight/Slampanel bolts by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Before:
9772715115_055ecbe6ce_c.jpg

Before by Lawro1988, on Flickr

After:
9772716525_e8ed3e3b72_c.jpg

After by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Before:
9772716565_57f02ddcb9_c.jpg

After:
9772716585_67f1773067_c.jpg

Complete:
9772716855_759d0effbe_c.jpg

Complete by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Before:
9772800686_a51337f6df_c.jpg

After:
9772801966_78a59b5c77_c.jpg

9772803126_7a4cd96fb6_c.jpg

Engine Cover by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Do you know the bolt & Screw sizes by any chance?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Do you know the bolt & Screw sizes by any chance?

Sorry mate, missed this.. I will PM you the details now.

Love this car mate, and i want those Turinis. Just havent got a clue about offset etc. Do you get any rubbing at all?

Thanks man, appriciate the comment.

The wheels are 16x7 with an offset of ET40, these are proper Speedline's rather than the Renault ones so the offset are slightly different. I am running 20mm spacers on the front with 1.5 degree of camber and 15mm spacers on the rear, no issues at all.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Well, I haven't updated this thread in a while, mainly because not much has happened to warrent an update purely because of the poor weather.

Once the weather starts to improve in March/April time I will crack on with some more of my plans for the car.

In the mean time, here are a couple of snaps from a meet that I attended with a couple of forum members last weekend. Thanks to Dom for the shots.

12574145164_0d3f953137_c.jpg

DSC_0025 (2) by domaggett, on Flickr

12573787824_f93f757406_c.jpg

DSC_0026 (3) by domaggett, on Flickr

Last edited: