ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I’d rather stick forks in my eyes tbh.

[emoji23]

Car looks good! Mine’s filthy, but almost no point cleaning it this side of a track day.

Honestly, those are my thoughts too, not my scene. Would rather try and get to a few local meets lol
I should be going to a car's and coffee meet next Sunday in Dorking mate. It's on PH, an old friend of mine messaged me through Instagram and asked if I was interested in going.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

[emoji23]

Car looks good! Mine’s filthy, but almost no point cleaning it this side of a track day.

Honestly, those are my thoughts too, not my scene. Would rather try and get to a few local meets lol
I should be going to a car's and coffee meet next Sunday in Dorking mate. It's on PH, an old friend of mine messaged me through Instagram and asked if I was interested in going.

Yeah cars and coffee is much more civilised, and you only take a few hours of your day.

Maybe I might’ve done jap/chav/show/fest in my early 20s but not now.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

[emoji23]

Yeah cars and coffee is much more civilised, and you only take a few hours of your day.

Maybe I might’ve done jap/chav/show/fest in my early 20s but not now.
Well I'm 42 so I don't think it would have been my thing. Same as Trax, what a load of crap.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Have you see Rich @ appreciating classics Evo he has been restoring?
What a lovely looking car, I wouldn't have minded having a look at it. [emoji41]

Evo 5 RS
Have you see Rich @ appreciating classics Evo he has been restoring?
What a lovely looking car, I wouldn't have minded having a look at it. [emoji41]
Yeah it looks amazing, bloke gets all the pristine ones.

I might do cars and coffee mate., depends as having bumper painted so don't fancy turning up without one lol

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Spent the day yesterday hammering around Brands...

31988113_389677971441959_3658830829271908352_n.jpg

Car was refreshingly faultless!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Spent the day yesterday hammering around Brands...

31988113_389677971441959_3658830829271908352_n.jpg

Car was refreshingly faultless!

I know that Evos aren't to everyone's taste - but just look at that above. It looks so purposeful and 'right' where it currently sits. Yes, we're running out of oil, and everyone is shouting Hail Mary's to the hybrid and EV things. But it's almost like the aesthetics (and certainly the appeal and ability in this case) have taken a back seat with the current manufacturer line up.

I mean, who would get remotely excited with any of the below? Seriously?

1526041086448.png

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I know that Evos aren't to everyone's taste - but just look at that above. It looks so purposeful and 'right' where it currently sits. Yes, we're running out of oil, and everyone is shouting Hail Mary's to the hybrid and EV things. But it's almost like the aesthetics (and certainly the appeal and ability in this case) have taken a back seat with the current manufacturer line up.

I wouldn’t swap it for much right now! Everyone’s talking about sport button this, active flap that.

f**k that.

I want to jump in my car and go, no faff.

I managed 120 laps/miles with zero fuss. [emoji1362]

Evo 5 RS
Proper. It's a shame the GP doesn't open up more throughout the year, it's mega. Not driven it in the Evo only in the Spire what feels like years ago now but it's a huge waste of tarmac.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Proper. It's a shame the GP doesn't open up more throughout the year, it's mega. Not driven it in the Evo only in the Spire what feels like years ago now but it's a huge waste of tarmac.

The GP loop goes up much closer to a housing estate iirc. Much harder to run days more frequently due to noise.

The GP days are usually more than double the price of Indy!

Evo 5 RS
Yeah, they are (thankfully I wasn't paying :D) and yes it is. Noise complaints are the sole reason as far as I'm aware for the lack of use

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, they are (thankfully I wasn't paying :D) and yes it is. Noise complaints are the sole reason as far as I'm aware for the lack of use

Pisses me right off that.

Personally, I hate horses. Imagine me complaining about the stink and s**t these things give off by moving to a house within 200 yards of Chepstow. Or Cheltenham. Or Aintree?

Utter nobbers. Move if it bothers you that much. Oh, and here's a tip. You don't like planes and their noise, either? Maybe skip living near Heathrow too.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

Pisses me right off that.

Personally, I hate horses. Imagine me complaining about the stink and s**t these things give off by moving to a house within 200 yards of Chepstow. Or Cheltenham. Or Aintree?

Utter nobbers. Move if it bothers you that much. Oh, and here's a tip. You don't like planes and their noise, either? Maybe skip living near Heathrow too.

Yeah I love getting black flags for noise at Donington. While you can’t hear the marshalls for all the noise of the planes taking off from east mids. [emoji19]

182 Cup/ Impreza RB5
Just found thread as not in here often, currently saving my last few pennies for an evo after a mate purchased an evo vi tme rs about 6 months ago.

Currently have a impreza rb5, impreza 555 v2 sti that is stripped for track build in progress and a clio 182 track car as my toys.

Looking for either vi, vi tme or an viii. Investment wise i think vi or vi tme is way forward but wouldn’t mind an viii.

Evo 5 RS
Just found thread as not in here often, currently saving my last few pennies for an evo after a mate purchased an evo vi tme rs about 6 months ago.

Currently have a impreza rb5, impreza 555 v2 sti that is stripped for track build in progress and a clio 182 track car as my toys.

Looking for either vi, vi tme or an viii. Investment wise i think vi or vi tme is way forward but wouldn’t mind an viii.

Investment wise VI makes more sense if you can find a good one.

535d / t5 caravelle
Mates just gone to pick up the fq360 from the topgear episode below. Looking forwards to a blast.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Evo 5 RS
f**k. bet that sounded spectacular crawling along. on the upshot...shiny new diff? Those first two pics look ace.

Probably cooked the oil last week, but if it's original that's a mega good run in my book

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
f**k. bet that sounded spectacular crawling along. on the upshot...shiny new diff? Those first two pics look ace.

Probably cooked the oil last week, but if it's original that's a mega good run in my book

Yeah I thought it was the front diff at first, as it went bang crawling out of a side road with a fair bit of lock on. It won’t roll now, and every rotation of the prop I get a nice car shuddering bang/crack.

Still, nice excuse to get an RS diff setup at the back. If I can bloody find one!

Strange about the oil, as it’s now leaking from the casing it’s nice and clean, and I’ve done a few TDs on it.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
LOL, weird isn't it. If something was that close to letting go f**k knows why it decided to afterward

There were no noises, nothing! I drove 60 odd miles home from Brands, drove another 60 odd down to chertsey and back for a mates birthday, then bang..

I mean, I’m glad it let me have the whole day at Brands to have fun.