ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda Sensor

My 182 has a de-cat so it's throwing up the engine light on the bash.... And am trying to sell it just now and is putting a lot of people off.... So thinking about just buying a lambda plug off ebay and cable tie the sensor up somewhere, so the light goes off.

But if I remove the post cat lambda, and let the engine run will the light go straight off? Or do you need to reset the error code? And think the pre cat one might be on the way out as I have noticed a slight drop in mpg but barely anything. So will rule that out as well.

What can cause the light to come on if it's not either of the lambda sensors?

Evo 8 MR
You can usually get away with just resetting it. Normally it takes a while before it comes back on but it varies.

Do you need a code reader to clear codes on these?

A few cars I have had in the past you just need to disconnect the battery for a while, tried that and and it's still on so I guess you do! :lolup:

Dont mind buying a lambda blanking plate, only like £5, just really want to know if the error code, would sort itself out or would need to be reset by a reader anyway?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Do you need a code reader to clear codes on these?

A few cars I have had in the past you just need to disconnect the battery for a while, tried that and and it's still on so I guess you do! :lolup:

Dont mind buying a lambda blanking plate, only like £5, just really want to know if the error code, would sort itself out or would need to be reset by a reader anyway?

You can reset it with one of the OBDII code readers , the light might come back on it might stay off . When i first put the decat on my car it ran for a couple of weeks then the light came on . I reset it and it never came back on again . I've just refitted my decat at the beginning of February , so far no light . You can pick them up on ebay for about 12 quid .

For anyone that's interested. I couldn't find any software that worked, but could have been my cable. Anyway...

I got this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2512474415...84.m1497.l2649

And got the lite version of the torque app. And It's scanned and cleared the faults no bother. Definitely recommended :D

The code that come up was P0420. Cleared it and it hasn't come back on so far!