ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lambda sensor

recaro'd arctic 182
i know this has been covered a gazillion times, but can't seem to find anything to answer my question. i have changed my lambda sensor on the cat today and the exhaust gas light is still on.
1. do i have to reset the fault ?
2. have i changed the right one ?
3. where is the plug for the front sensor(can't find it)

i don't have a code reader at the mo and refuse to pay the stealers £45 just to plug it in.
i am aware that it may not be the sensors, could be spark plugs, ht leads.the
coil pack was changed 2 months ago so i wouldn't have thought it was that. also there is no misfires or lumpy idle and no loss in performance.
any help would be most grateful

Da

Less
The fault will self clear if you have changed the correct sensor, it wont go off immediately.

If the car is running fine, not lumpy or misfiring then it isn't the front one that needs changing, so you've changed the correct one.

The plug for the front sensor is in a stupidly inaccessable place, secured onto the front 'beam', just behind the gear linkage.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
The fault will self clear if you have changed the correct sensor, it wont go off immediately.

If the car is running fine, not lumpy or misfiring then it isn't the front one that needs changing, so you've changed the correct one.

The plug for the front sensor is in a stupidly inaccessable place, secured onto the front 'beam', just behind the gear linkage.

thought it was the other way round, mine ran perfect and it was the front sensor that was faulty

try to find a local garage to read the code, doesn't have to be the dealers. i found one near me who does it for a tenner............after changing the sensor i took it back to him to reset the engine management light and he done it for free

Da

Less
Yeah that's what it says, if the car is running fine then the front one can't be faulty as that one controls management. The rear one is simply for toxic fume warning.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
Yeah that's what it says, if the car is running fine then the front one can't be faulty as that one controls management. The rear one is simply for toxic fume warning.

oops misread fail, had a few drinks inside me at the time lol :eek: