ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

L.A. Noire

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep i am clearly mental on having different views to you of a playstation game.

I forgot people are thick for having different gaming styles to others thanks Dr.Christopher.

Calm doon playa.

I didn't mention names. There are a lot of people who feel the same as you, even some reviewers. Don't take things so personally.

Calm doon playa.

I didn't mention names. There are a lot of people who feel the same as you, even some reviewers. Don't take things so personally.

I assumed you were aiming it towards me as you quoted me, i am the only person i can see that says " i wish it was more like GTA". Although given i havent looked through the whole thread. I may well be mistaken innit Blood.

Still will be getting my game on tonight to give it another go.

Ph1 172
How the smeg do you Police Patrol?

It said when i was on Traffic that i can go to my desk at any time and do patrol missions

How!! lol

exit the game to the main screen, goto cases under homicide, in here is the option to free roam, this is where you can do the street crimes bit, 40 off mini levels, collect the golden film reels and find the hiden cars.

Nothing at the mo :(
exit the game to the main screen, goto cases under homicide, in here is the option to free roam, this is where you can do the street crimes bit, 40 off mini levels, collect the golden film reels and find the hiden cars.

Thanks me dear

I've only bloody completed it,
bit of a crappy ending, was getting a bit of a mess once you started being Jack Kelso for some cases
11/12 newspapers too, no idea where the one I'm missing is. Not that I care. Innnit.

Octy VRS
So, is it worth buying? I know it's not a total free roam like GTA or RDR but I like the sound of it. Pootling about looking for stuff. How does it compare to something like the original Driver/Mafia games?

I have just played this for 3hours got onto the homicide team but still i think improvements could of been made before release. When driving the car and i want to take a shortcut smashing through a shitty wooden fence you cant as they are the best made, hardest fences man has ever known. Also the camera angles annoy me a little bit.

Other than that yeah its good but i still think its repetitive even though i have been promoted its still the same look for clues, ask questions, driving is s**t so i make my partner drive all the time.

How does it compare to something like the original Driver/Mafia games?

It doesn't. It looks like Mafia, but that's about it. Chalk & cheese.

As for the driving, you're driving a car in the 1940s ffsnake, it's hardly going to drive like a 172 now is it. Stop looking for things to hate about it and just play it for what it is. You'll make it cry.

kthx.

Yes I know, I'm getting sick of seeing me in this thread too..

Parky14

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else who has completed it, are you able to free roam after completing the final mission on the arson desk? Played the final mission twice through now as after the credits roll up, it goes back to the main menu and from there it keeps making you repeat the final mission? Cheers.

Evo 5 RS
tbh once I completed the story I cba doing the side missions. Whilst there is replay value, besides the story there is really nothing to aim for. Great game though, but doesn't step far enough away as it should from the rail pace of Heavy Rain.

Also some of the Lie techniques with evidence found is floored, and things which you'd at first expect to cause alarm or be used against them doesn't work. Suppose you could call that replay value in a loose sense

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Completed this last night. Bit of an odd ending but enjoyed the game.

Going to try and get all the Achievements now. Got 29/50 at the moment.

Does anyone know if it's possible to find out how many stars you have on completed cases? One of the Achievements is get a 5 star on every case. I think I may give that one a miss. Certainly not going through every case again.

Fiesta ST-2
Trading this in today, haven't even finished it. Bored me to death on the 2nd disk.

I think I was expecting too much :dapprove:

Clio 1.6 16v
I completed it today, I thought it was a good game but it did get repetitive.
Sold it for £25, not a game I'd ever consider keeping and playing again.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Chris, have you just sacked this off now? Says you're only up to case 16 or so on the Rockstar social comparison site?

I'm trying to find every vehicle. Got 86/95 at the moment. All newspapers, landmarks and cases done. Still need all the gold film reels though, and I've done 22/40 street crimes.

Tesla MP3 2021
Started playing this today, really enjoying it so far. Totally different type of game imo.

Completed this tonight. Although it was good, the story wasn't as involving as I hoped.

Will sell/trade later this week.

Just called my local Gamestation about trade in, £35, I'm going there today.

Plus their 'Elite points card' which is free to sign up, will get me an additional £5, so £40 in total.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Also completed it at the weekend, really enjoyed the story but was a bit miffed with the ending.

wanted to see Phelps kick the s**t out of Roy Earle!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's starting to drag a bit now, I just want to complete it and trade it in for Dirt3

Haha. I'm going to get back on GTA IV when I've 100%'d this. Infact, I think I may give the 100% a miss - can't be bothered looking for all those film reels, TBH.

Also need 3 more cars, but they should be quite common. Also missing my BC2 fix.

F82 M4
Really really enjoying this now. It's pretty awesome, like a film in a way. I'm also pretty s**t at the interviews, I don't believe ANYBODY!! :cool:

I've got 12/13 newspapers, but the guides I've found on't net (yes, yes I am weak) only show the locations of the ones ive got. Wtfbbqsauce!? Had a go at collecting cars & landmarks and doing the side missions (which, oddly are better than a lot of the story ones), and ultimately got bored.

I loved you LA Noire, but it's over between us. It was fun while it lasted but I've got my eyes on another; her name is Dirt 3.

I am already bored of it havent even completed it.

Trade in time i think, Dirt 3 seems like a popular game so will go for that.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've got 12/13 newspapers, but the guides I've found on't net (yes, yes I am weak) only show the locations of the ones ive got. Wtfbbqsauce!? Had a go at collecting cars & landmarks and doing the side missions (which, oddly are better than a lot of the story ones), and ultimately got bored.

I loved you LA Noire, but it's over between us. It was fun while it lasted but I've got my eyes on another; her name is Dirt 3.

Have you got the newspaper on the very first level on beat patrol? It's up the alley lying on a crate. That's the one I'd missed.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Got seriously pissed off with this before, got stuck in some bullshit debri n couldnt move after getting pissed off with questions etc nearly chucked my joypad at the TV

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Anybody else find this boring as s**t after a while? Everyone I know has either finished it or gave up and traded it in.

Bit of a flop if you ask me.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Gonna put mine on the bay, I wanted to love it but I don't. Only owes me £32. I've not really had a good crack at it, what with an up the duff mrs breathing down my neck!

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Just completed this,Best game ive played in a long time just one of a handfull of games that's actually worth the money.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Ive completed it now just playing it again bud trying to get everything and trophy hunt.