ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

L.A. Noire

57 Clio Campus Sport
I'm finding this rather boring and disappointing.

It's like a big sandbox world you can't make proper use of.

Every case is effectively the same, walk around for 5 mins pressing A, question a witness reading some crap facial expressions, have a little chase when you realise who done it.

The chases are somewhat fun making the street crimes more entertaining than the main cases.

You can't make much use of the sandbox because you're a cop and killing people/shooting stuff is bad.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm finding this rather boring and disappointing.

It's like a big sandbox world you can't make proper use of.

Every case is effectively the same, walk around for 5 mins pressing A, question a witness reading some crap facial expressions, have a little chase when you realise who done it.

The chases are somewhat fun making the street crimes more entertaining than the main cases.

You can't make much use of the sandbox because you're a cop and killing people/shooting stuff is bad.

It's a crime/police game. It ain't GTA and never set out to be.

I don't know whether it's just me; but as I've been playing it more, the characters seem to be getting more and more realistic.

When you come across Fleetwood Morgan in 'The Black Caesar' case, you'll probably see what I mean.

I got this today, can't put it down. Im poo at the interrogations though. Wish there was an option to slap the suspect about abit!

Anyone notice an actor as one of the suspects?

the guy out of Heroes (copper that reads minds)

Honda. Tesla Someday
It matters not what the resolution is if they say it still looks better on the ps3 :)

I read about it. The game was made (as you know) for the PS3 with a native 720p resolution. The ps3 does not have a dedicated upscaling chip, so it stayed at 720p. However, the 360 port is a 720p port, but the 360 has a dedicated upscaling chip, which simply upscales the 720p image to 1080p.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
him, then was made to feel guilty afterwards

Aren't all the main characters proper actors? The guy who plays Cole is in Mad Men iirc.

There's loads of folk from movies and TV shows. The missus spotted a girl from Cold Case yesterday who was one of the randoms being questioned on the game. Check out the manual to see the cast list. It's huge.

him, then was made to feel guilty afterwards

Aren't all the main characters proper actors? The guy who plays Cole is in Mad Men iirc.
Same. I put him away.

I'm crap at the questioning though. Mrs says I clearly have trust issues, as I think everyone is lying. "He blinked, 'Doubt'"

Nothing at the mo :(
Same. I put him away.

I'm crap at the questioning though. Mrs says I clearly have trust issues, as I think everyone is lying. "He blinked, 'Doubt'"

Yeah its a bit poo at times.. Was questioning this women *slagggg* and both questions she acted EXACTLY the same, but one was true and other was lie lol

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Really enjoying this! I'm awful at the questioning too, but want to play it all the way through once without restarting just to see how I get on.

Only gripe with it is the awful driving physics - I wish the cars had a bit more weight behind them like in Mafia 2, it just ruins the whole realism aspect of the game for me.

Otherwise, spot on :)

Really enjoying this! I'm awful at the questioning too, but want to play it all the way through once without restarting just to see how I get on.

Only gripe with it is the awful driving physics - I wish the cars had a bit more weight behind them like in Mafia 2, it just ruins the whole realism aspect of the game for me.

Otherwise, spot on :)

I did think this too.

Seems very twitchy, and it's way too easy to misjudge a corner, ending in a head-on.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I hate the driving aspects of the game too. Get my partner to do most of the driving unless I'm forced into a Chase/tail.

Octavia VRS LE
Played this h=game for 6 hours so far and i think its better than any gta made. not a fan of gta it gets boring after a while i love the whole aspect of chasing criminals rather than being the criminal!!!

I tried a few times last night, but it wouldn't let me - can you draw your gun at any point, and shoot people?

I sometimes (like in GTA and Mafia) have the urge to go on a killing spree, but as far as I can see this isn't possible?

I love Lamp
Love the game really, also suck at the questioning as I doubt nearly everyone. The driving is shocking though i spend half my time fish tailing down the road after a corner, very sensitive. Does it ever get to a point where you can just go out and explore then go to your desk for a job or is it always that you are on a case?

I tried a few times last night, but it wouldn't let me - can you draw your gun at any point, and shoot people?

Nope, not possible. You're supposed to be a good cop, not some madman with a gun, GTA stylee.

If I had a quid everytime I said this game IS NOT gta...

..I would have £7

Nothing at the mo :(
I know what you mean bollo, People seem to think because its sandbox its GTA lol.. but its totally different.. Your ment to obey the rules lol

People think it's gta because it's a massive 'living' city with tons of cars, pedestrians, and guns in certain places. The fact that Rockstar's name is on't box doesn't help.

The super slow Clio!
Haven't got a chance to play this properly yet, but it seems amazing. The only slightly bad thing is that it doesn't seem like the type of game you just play as a bit of fun to relax, like you actully have to pay attention?!
Time to wake up those dead brain cells!

Anyone know how much game time is on each CD roughly??

Evo 5 RS
I wasn't sure at first as the game obviously takes you in a bit slowly to adjust, but it's addictive...really worth the £.

Nope, not possible. You're supposed to be a good cop, not some madman with a gun, GTA stylee.

If I had a quid everytime I said this game IS NOT gta...

..I would have £7
I know what you mean bollo, People seem to think because its sandbox its GTA lol.. but its totally different.. Your ment to obey the rules lol
People think it's gta because it's a massive 'living' city with tons of cars, pedestrians, and guns in certain places. The fact that Rockstar's name is on't box doesn't help.

Yeah I understand what you're saying.

Mafia2 was very limited (nothing like GTA) but it still allowed you to mess around, punching / shooting civilians etc.

Would have been nice to take full advantage of the city (seeing as though it's their biggest yet), as you can't beat a rampage.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah the game is certainly 100%-able and all achievements. There's a few that could be long winded though.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
ive just started VICE! OMG at Homicide it was awesome but....
WTF at the end of the last case, letting the others get the chamber

Parky14

ClioSport Club Member
Not posted in this thread since the build up to the release date. Just completed it tonight and I can only reiterate some of the comments already posted. Best game I've played in a long time and I thought the storyline was superb. Really well thought out and great story writing. I can appreciate the comments floating about on various gaming sites that the ending is a bit 'so so' but in a way I guess when taking the whole game into consideration, it kind of wraps the story up nicely. All together a thoroughly enjoyable game and if you are in two minds as whether to buy it or not, definately try and pick up a copy.

love this game:)
on the Black Dahlia case now.I think 4.5 hours in
question do if somebody takes a "hostage" is there anyway to get him without killing him?
i always feel bad when they die:(