ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR Panel Filter or ITG!?!?

Civic Type S GT
Who's got either of the two filters and whats people's thought's on them? Wanting to replace my standard panel filter but cannot decide between the two.

Clio 172 turbo
i love my itg panel filter bt as its cold weather iv stuck a k & n induction kit on which i bought for £20 and it loves it :)

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
ITG just

owned both and thought ITG was better quality.

prob no difference between the two....

Last edited:
  RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Ive had problems with my KTR panel filter. The rubber surround has deteriorated quite severely. Im still awaiting a response months down the line. Patience is obviously not the way forward lol.

Clio 172
I've had an ITG panel filter in both my 172's and they've both been great. excellent value for money.

Black Gold Trophy
To be honest the F1 stuff is probably more of a marketing thing than anything else. I'd be amazed if there was any difference in performance between the two

Trophy #267
meh! - I deffo got more noise and about as much performance improvement as having a big poo before getting in the car.

As Danny says ITG filters cause a 10ish% drop on absolute manifold pressure over the Pipercross alternative (k-tec are also made by piper IIRC), however the performance gains are minimal.

Don't rule out the ability of a well designed filter, especially when coupled with a baffle free airbox design - we have had some interesting stuff come up recently under testing.

Civic Type S GT
Tom's got a good setup on his car. SHOCKING gains :eek:
I called him a liar at first when he told me the before and after from the dyno testing LOL. Finalising a kit AFAIK. await confirmation ;)

What are the gains? I'm still undecided between ktr or itg.