ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise under hard acceleration

Clio 182
Pretty much as above..more noticeable in 1st and 2nd, once it gets to about 4500rpm and above it kind of sounds like my wheel is about to fall off, or the fact that something is spinning faster then what my wheel is.
I'm guessing driveshaft but wondered if anybody's experienced the same issue?

cheers

Titanium 182

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi there, ive also got this problem, ive been told my main engine mount is goosed so ive got a new one. getting fitted at the weekend, if i remember, ill come back and let you know if the noise goes away or not!

Liam.

330i. E30 Touring.
My bet is engine mounts need changing/adjusting. Could well be the manifold hitting the subframe.

Clio 182
yeah it could be, it sounds more like its coming from the passenger wheel though which makes me think driveshaft. Its going to the garage tomorrow for a check anyway so will let you know the outcome

Clio 182
Sorry for the late reply mate. Broken passenger coil spring so was vibrating too much once the revs got high

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I'd also consider replacing the dogbone bush and engine mountings if the engine is moving around under hard acceleration.