ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knockhill Open Pit Lane Night 2014

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
FLOL!! I had copious amounts of fun tonight! The tricky conditions were superb IMO!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Great night tonight once it got a dry line! Was super slippy!! Look forward to seeing the video from behind going down duffus :eek:

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I was always careful at duffus! Hate that corner in the wet haha.

Pretty sure I drifted every corner tonight, grip was horrendous until it got dry.

Don't think I deserved a telling off, was never out of control really

wasnt saying the pair of you weren't careful at all, it was just pretty evident there was a period where you an stu were intentionally making the rear slide about, all looked perfectly controlled to me. Also only ever occurred when you had nobody in front and plenty space between you an the next car.

the fella in the red megane who popped an airbag, it made an almighty bang when your rear drivers wheel hit the kerb on the way back onto the track, still surprised it was enough to set an airbag off!

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
Cheers every one for coming! Brilliant night really enjoyed every second and likes it's been said before no major incidents! Always a plus!

Cup In bits
^^^
Cheers for organising.

Here's the vid when the bag pops, still surprised it went off myself too. It wasn't massively harsh in the car either.

RS Clio 200
Re: Knockhill Open Pit Lane Night 2014 (Deposits ASAP)

Cheers ben for organising tonight, had alot of fun in the little time I had on track! Was good to meet yous!

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Guys thanks for this. Really enjoyed myself out there. Got faster and a bit more confident as the night went on.

Sadly my go pro mic cable split and only have internal cabin noise.

Really hope I didn't cause you guys to slow down to much.

Thanks.

Cup In bits
Who was the guy in the silver 182?

Who ever owns Liam's old 172, you had oil or something getting into the tyre and it was smoking. I tried to tell you in track just after the chicane, I was in the red megane.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Who was the guy in the silver 182?

Who ever owns Liam's old 172, you had oil or something getting into the tyre and it was smoking. I tried to tell you in track just after the chicane, I was in the red megane.

I seen that, too. OSF?!

Cup In bits
Yeah osf. I warned him, think he pitted and then came straight back out, didn't get the chance to speak to him.

Shame me I turned the camera off, was having fits of giggling after it.

Cracking night tbh, shame it was so slippy at first. Great to catch up with everyone too. I did have to unfold mirrors a few times when people hit the big block at the chicane! :nono:

Did that, once it came to a stop me and Adam were giggling like little girls.

Seen it coming 3 laps before...... impressed with your pace since last time I was out mate.

I was quite surprised. As you can here in the video - I thought the tyre had popped. It really wasn't a harsh spin at all!

@Paprika123 I'm going to Le Mans tomorrow ;)

Cheers for the heads up - unsubscribed <3

14lrq03.jpg

@N0ddie - my mate was well chuffed for taking him out in the ST, cheeers! :)

Cup In bits
Cracking night tbh, shame it was so slippy at first. Great to catch up with everyone too. I did have to unfold mirrors a few times when people hit the big block at the chicane! :nono:

I was quite surprised. As you can here in the video - I thought the tyre had popped. It really wasn't a harsh spin at all!

Cheers for the heads up - unsubscribed <3

14lrq03.jpg

^^ I need to do that s**t too haha.

Yeah it made a popping noise for sure, been across there plenty of times in the Clio too. Just glad the cups don't have all that bumf in them.

172cup
Class night, track was hard work but fun especially when it dried out.

Can't believe that meganes airbag went off - i spun and slid mine quite a few times must have been lucky for it not to go off!

need to get another night like this sorted ASAP.

172cup
Depends whether it twigs the sensor or not, computer probably thought it was about to have an impact.

Gaz what's up with yours?

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
out of intrest lads who would be up for this again this year? knockhill are giving me more dates for this year let me know! haha

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
i would be in for another night and actually make it on track this time as photocard license renewed!

Re: Knockhill Open Pit Lane Night 2014 (Deposits ASAP)

Right lads I've had a think and I'm want to try my hand at editing videos, if some of you email me a few of your go pro videos for the track night or any track night would be very grateful then If I enjoy the process and the final outcome might be tempted to do more

Email is birrew@hotmail.com
Please put your name and the date if track day in the email

Cheers