ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kieran's Now Odyssey Blue Ph1 Project Pg.36 Onwards

BlackGold 182
Re: Kieran's Iceberg 172 Project

055e9045.jpg

Clio Sport PH1

Looking good!
I do the same in my Clio, but the handles I wrapped in carbon.
its look better in black, I think I will do it too.

Was it difficult to paint the sun-visor?

Last edited:
  BlackGold 182

Roof resprayed finally!! Cup spoiler fitted too!!

19578d63.jpg

65f78b24.jpg

95db20b1.jpg

d681477b.jpg

bf7f57b1.jpg

ef87ce88.jpg

c7255bd9.jpg

Will upload photos of headlining later :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

That is some serious rear camber lol. 25mm up front ftw ;) 5mm ghettos at the rear unless you want hubcentrics for 10mm plus as the wheel doesn't sit properly on the disc otherwise :S

BlackGold 182

haha yeppp its -2 degrees :p im thinking 25mm defiantly at the front, not too sure about the rear, was kinda thinking the same lol what you running on the rear?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

haha yeppp its -2 degrees :p im thinking 25mm defiantly at the front, not too sure about the rear, was kinda thinking the same lol what you running on the rear?

5mm rear, 15mm hubcentrics rubbed like f**k and my car is currently only on apex springs :S so hardly that low compared with some, not as low as yours but no doubt your camber will help.

BlackGold 182

the black interior is looking sweet!

thanks alot :D ill get better photos tomorrow, cant seem to get the bloody handle back in though:(

5mm rear, 15mm hubcentrics rubbed like f**k and my car is currently only on apex springs :S so hardly that low compared with some, not as low as yours but no doubt your camber will help.

ohh really? was it rubbing on the arch then? i have some 5mm universal ones that i will try on the rear tomorrow, but your right the camber would defiantly help lol

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

The right rear rubbed alot more from what I recall, only when I accelerated hard or went over a bump.. so they had to come off. It also raped the paint on the inside on my arches so had to patch that up :S

Im very tempted to get some f1's when I get coilovers, not a great fan of the turinis that came on my car. Although would like to keep the f1's silver coz they look awesome! But I just sprayed up all my diamonds and badges graphite grey as the silver was doing my tits in :)

BlackGold 182

Looks even better with the cup spoiler dude ! Thats next on my list

cheers buddy, its amazing how something so small can finish off the rear so nicely!

The right rear rubbed alot more from what I recall, only when I accelerated hard or went over a bump.. so they had to come off. It also raped the paint on the inside on my arches so had to patch that up :S

Im very tempted to get some f1's when I get coilovers, not a great fan of the turinis that came on my car. Although would like to keep the f1's silver coz they look awesome! But I just sprayed up all my diamonds and badges graphite grey as the silver was doing my tits in :)

ohh jesus thats not good then! especially only on springs! yeaaa f1s are nice and even better when can get full set of tyres for £150 lol naaa i do like turinis but everyone has them on ph2s and i faniced something a tiny bit different lol

but you get no scrubbing etc from the front?

BlackGold 182

Cheers jack! Cant believe I left it so long to do the roof and get cup spoiler!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

cheers buddy, its amazing how something so small can finish off the rear so nicely!

ohh jesus thats not good then! especially only on springs! yeaaa f1s are nice and even better when can get full set of tyres for £150 lol naaa i do like turinis but everyone has them on ph2s and i faniced something a tiny bit different lol

but you get no scrubbing etc from the front?

Ye I know what you mean, tempted to sell mine and get some f1's as I need 4 tyres anyway which will put me back £300 :S Front are fine yeh but as im only on Apex lol springs its not exactly that low at the front but of course you can stiffen it up with coils :) The turn in is amazing with the extra width, I love em!

BlackGold 182

Haha well I was inspecting it last night and there's no doubt about it I need 25mm upfront and the rear can't be more than 10 so Ill see what 5mm looks like on the rear today and see if it need more or not, also will be getting anti roll bar too :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Have you had the the car aligned since you've done the camber adjustments? I'm thing of of putting a shim either side on mine before I get spacers. Where did you get them from mate?

BlackGold 182

Not yet I haven't mate, will get it done soon but I Wana get the spacers etc so I no have exactly how I want it to sit before alignment

And I got the shims from ktec mark, what degrees you gonna go for?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Same. I had mine done when I first fitted coilovers, but I've changed my ride height since and want to get spacers so I will do it after it's all done.

Cheers, I'll have a look. Probs just have -1 either side.

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v

looks good kieran, head liner came out well so did the trims. need to get round to doing the vans at some point.

The right rear rubbed alot more from what I recall, only when I accelerated hard or went over a bump.. so they had to come off.

axle sounds to be off centre slightly. amount ive done bushes on ive seen that. and mine was on the van. once sorted i managed 30mm spacer with rear sport brakes.

BlackGold 182

thanks claire

for xmas presents to myself it looks like i will be getting a whiteline arb and some solid top mounts as ive started to get clunking noise so good excuse :)

BlackGold 182

Update

Not do much the car but bought a new dslr today so from now on will be lots of pictures and better quality :)

'Mia' Rover Mini 35

Love it except I think that the alloys are a little too small. Maybe the turini's of the trophy. However they're pricy. But Each to their own. :) other than that looks better than chocolate Ice cream on a summer's day. Lol at my crappy metaphor.

BlackGold 182

Mark I bought lumix g3, don't no anything about cameras but I have heard good things about them

Thanks mate, wheels are small but means cheap tyres and better handling :)

BlackGold 182

Update, car is booked in to have its centre silencer removed For 23rd :) can't wait to hear the difference!

BlackGold 182

Yeaa mark Im running a decat too, so effectively it will be a straight through pipe from manifold to back box. But the decat and cat is simply interchangeable for mot time with 2 nuts and bolts

The decat made up to fit so that its interchangeable was £140 but that's cos it's so easy

Removing the silencer they have quoted £70-£100