ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

keeps kutting out

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

who told u that mate? cos i had mine checked on a mates diagnostics and it came up with ECU! i tried another and no difference!

my ecu is from a 19 16v though, so i thought maybe thats why it came up!

yeah i have been told from hill power that the siemens number of my ecu was from a r19 16v!!

so i have a 1.816v brain running a 2.0 16v engine???

when u put the dianstics on did u put in 19 or clio?

as if u put in 19 then surly it would read a diffent pattern?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

THE DIAGNOSTIC CARDS WE USE ON THE XR25 ARE THE SAME FOR THE CLIO AND THE 19 SO THAT SHOULDNT BRING UP ANY FAULTS.TAKE A LOOK AT THE ECU AND SEE IF ITS GOT WATER CONTAMINATION.

just to let u know i have changed my ecu back to std willy one,and the car drives like a dream!!!!

two/three days gone now and no cutting out or low revs!!! touch wood

My valver was starting fine then once warmed up cutting out as the revs dropped, it felt really lumpy. It went into a garage and they couldnt find the problem so yesterday i took the bonnet off and disconnected the cold start injector plug as it seemed to be over fueling that caused the cut out and now its absoloutley perfect. Can anyone tell me which sensor sontrolls that injector as thats what needs replacing.

BUT STARTING IN THE MONINGS WILL CAUSE U PROBS AS ITS COLD???

ALSO WOULD HAVING A LOW TEMP STAT ANDRAD SWITCH HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE CUTTING OUT? IE THE WATER SENSOR NOT GETING THE CORRECT READING AS IT SHOULD STD?

well still had probs with the car lumpy and revs dropping as low as 4oo,and dying..........

so i decided that i would take it to renault slough and they claim taken the throttle boddie of and cleaned......thus having a smoother idele and still ahs not cut out on me which it has been every day also it has not droped low on reves!!!

the thing i did notice was that there is like an co mixture screw near the air filter/meter the dust cap had gone missing.whats this for? as i thought that the ecu always adjusted your fueling??

ill keep u posted if it re-occurs

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

keep us informed m8.

once my gearbox is in the cars going to a local tuner to be sorted, and setup finally on the RR. Pricey though as hes proper Bo, but it needs it really