ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

keeps kutting out

my willy is getting worse it keeps cutting out must have done it about 4 times to day! the revs go low and then she dies on me anyone witha ny ideas?

as im waiting to get it puged on a computer? anyone had this done a t renault before?££££

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

well mines the same. iv done the following:

- changed ISCV
- changed potentiometer
- changed speedo cable and road speed sensor
- changed lambda
- changed throttle body
- tried another ECU

Its much better and it rarely cuts out but it still drops really low revs, and sometimes idles about 700rpm grrrrr

map sensor next i think!

it will do it when it feels like it,i have a new coolant temp sensor on there,seems to have got worse since i have changed the lamda sensor!!

were abouts they located on the engine?

is there a way of telling if there shagged?

also i was told that by re-setting the ecu can hep?

done via disconeting the battery???? is this true?

when you change the ICSV youre supposed to disconnect the battery (15 mins)so that the ECU resets it sel and then re learns once the new unit is fitted.

dunno to be honest mate. have you given the ICSV a good clean. most times that sorts it as they just stick. give it a liberal going over with some carb cleaner-see if that helps!

astra coupe 2.2

i aint got a clue where you find the ISCV - can someone please post a pic cos i woulding giving mine a clean!!!

also you tried http://www.partsgateway.co.ukwww.partsgateway.co.uk or com, whaterver!, for used bits, they contact a number of salvage places for you and send you an email of prices and avaliability.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

take one of the rubbers off going to the airbox that conects to the iscv, spray it with carb cleaner in whilst revving it a bit so it opens and closes. might have to keep revs up as it will probably stall if not

or its dead easy to take off, , make sure u open and close it so it cleans the whole thing!

if u look on the filer besides the actuall filter there are 2 other 1 inch diameter hoses cominf off it one is a engine oil breather and other leads to the ISCV its a pale gold colour

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

thats the potentiometer. dont touch that or itll have to be setup at renault. i found out the hard way hehe

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

you say the throttle possition sensor has been replaced...

was it reset correctly...? this needs to be done by someone with a diagnostic tool or by experience... i.e. listen to the engine... (takes a lot of practice)

Andy

GDI

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

when i changed the potentiometer, it was complete with the throttle body, iscv and the lot, so it hadnt been touched. but it was from another car. would this need setting up properly???

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

might be.... worth getting the values checked out..... if the ECU was diff then might make a difference

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 06 March 2004

when i changed the potentiometer, it was complete with the throttle body, iscv and the lot, so it hadnt been touched. but it was from another car. would this need setting up properly???
no need.you set the potentiometer up to the throttle body using the renault xr25 diag box.once its set if you didnt unscrew it from the throtle body then it will be ok.that is assuming who ever fitted it originally set it up correctly.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by DeanRSi on 06 March 2004

when you change the ICSV youre supposed to disconnect the battery (15 mins)so that the ECU resets it sel and then re learns once the new unit is fitted.
after disconnecting the battery the engine should be left to idle for 15mins with no electrical consumers on and then after that another 15mins with electrical consumers on.you need to do this to set up the idle valve/ecu.if its not done it can cause the valve to fault again.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by 5turbo/willy on 06 March 2004

it will do it when it feels like it,i have a new coolant temp sensor on there,seems to have got worse since i have changed the lamda sensor!!
was it a brand new lamda sensor? give the idle valve a good clean out as a first step.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

my point was JAY that if the throttle possition sensor etc had been knocked or moved etc etc then it may well have affected the running so its worth getting it checked.

also you dont need the renault tool to set it up, although I am sure its easier... A good diagnostic scan tool will be able to to it correctly..(with a decent operator)!!!

overall though..... just get the car put on a diagnostic machine.... it will eliminate any "possible" niggles that your not sure about.... a good mobile mechanic with the right kit will be able to come out and do that.

Andy

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

meow! no you dont nes need the tool but its easier.you can set it up by listening for the potentiometer clicking when the no load switch closes.there are plenty of aftermarket code readers etc that will access older renault ecus.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

LOL.... was not meant like that mate.... (sorry if it seemed that way)...

least we are talking the same language... (some other renault site have so called proffesionals on there giving advice that really dont know what they are on about....)....

least on here the members are getting a good level of info etc...

keep up the good stuff... (p.s. I have learnt quite a lot from your posts too)

Andy

GDI

:)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

sorry andy.when did i post that oh yes about 1pm id just woke up.im like woman on a bad rag week when i first wake up.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

LOL!!!! me too mate...

if thats as bad as women you know get on bad red week then I want to know.... mine is loads worse...

:)

the Potentiometer should read 1800 ohms at no load and 3000 at max load.

+/- 200 ohms on both figures.

WITH MAP sensor disconnected.