ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just seen my first 182

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Just been across to the bank at work and spotted what I thought was another Cup on site, but as I get closer I notice something aint the same...

Yup, a shiny new Arctic Blue 182 (no Cup options though) sat in my works car park and its the first one Ive actually seen in the flesh!

Looks good at first glance, alloys are actually ok when you see them for real & probably be even better in anthractie.

Tailpipes aint bad either, although a little on the smalle side, but good scope for an aftermarket system!

The colour is sooooo similar to my Cup though, its hard to distinguise it from Mondial Blue, and Id probably go for this colour.

Interior wise I think the 172 is better as the darker seats and dark seatbelts are more to my taste, although its still nice.

Think I need to drive one (soon) and see how it compares to my Cup, as if the price were right I would probably swap the Cup for an Arctic Blue 182 with all the Cup options, and probably get some Turinis on it! :oops:

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

ye i saw my first one yesterday. it also happend to be the first 04 plated car i hav seen.

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 15 March 2004

Think I need to drive one (soon) and see how it compares to my Cup, as if the price were right I would probably swap the Cup for an Arctic Blue 182 with all the Cup options, and probably get some Turinis on it! :oops:

That what I have just done, I tested the 182 without cup suspension and was really happy with the reponse and performance. I booted it a little in 2nd which my cup loves and it was willing all the way.

I love my Cup but the missus keeps fukking on at me about the lack of Air Con, "when you have had Air con you miss it when its not there" i get that sh*t everyday.

I love the interior styling, gives it a bit of class, as everyone else says, dunno bout the colour of the seat belts but that is really my only contention.

I suggest you take it for a test, I think you will really enjoy it Rich. Mine arrives in May, looking forward to it.

Hello Rich! I thought youd have been at the forefront of 182 spotting and driving!!

Dave 182 - your car looks very nice - just been drooling over the pics in the gallery. Wasnt sure about the racing blue (even after I ordered one!) but after seeing the pics - even if it does look lairy, it looks a good choice!

Im even semi-tempted about the stripes now!!

Huw

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 15 March 2004

IIRC, you got your Cup just before me in December. Why on earth is your missus moaning about air con?

lol if its not Air Con itll be something else, but hey there you go!!!

Ive ordered the 182 now and Im quite happy with the decision. I love the Cup and Im not really sacrificing any of the Fun Factor, but I am gaining a few creature comforts.

Surely youve not done much mileage in it though? And you could have stuck with the cup at least until the summer? Did you P/Ex the Cup?

Still waiting for a chance to use the air con on mine. And Ive only done 1100 miles.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by huw182 on 15 March 2004

Hello Rich! I thought youd have been at the forefront of 182 spotting and driving!!
Evening Huw... ;)

Another 306 Rallye owner turning to the darkside! :cool:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 15 March 2004

Think some ppl just miss the whole point of the Cup, hay ho.
Shame there is no "proper" 182 Cup... :cry:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Well, theres another one appeared at work today, in black...

Am tempted to swap my Cup in for a new 182 as it wont cost me much!

Anyone else thought about this???

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Saw my first 182 today when I was down at Blackpool Renault garage. Look better in the metal than on a page and I like the anthracite wheels too. Not too sure about the stripes though, I know its got racing heritage but it still looks a bit too stick on, like sunstrips and tailpipe trims.