ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just had a crash :(

RB 182
was driving waiting to turn right an a big ford transit van slammed into the back of me, think the rear axel is all bent, do you guys think it will be a right off? all advice welcome
Picture198.jpg
Picture199.jpg
Picture200.jpg

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Is the boot creased? I don't know alot but I'd imagine that to be a costly repair especially given the crease in the rear panel.

Have you got witnesses and alike. No doubt the guy will try and say it was your fault in some way.

And sorry to hear/see this.

I'd return the car to standard and make what money you can before the insurance co' collect the car.

Clio 182 cup'd
New bumper, floor, rear quarter panel, new axel and whatever else is broke...

Time to log on to Autotrader me thinks...

RB 182
its 2004, the boot is creased a tiny bit but not much at all, ive got a police witness who nearly smashed into us , she was off duty, they fella who crashed into us was a arsehole, no air bags went off at all either but i think its a write off i am sure it would cost too much, the alloys are indeed 16" mate

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
At least you have a witness statement and from a Policeman.

I'd start thinking about what you want to do. No point in buying it back off the insurance as it's going to be an expensive fix and I don't think you'll ever shift it in the future :(

Make sure you get a good settlement figure and start looking for something else.

RB 182
yeah good thing i have a witness and the witness nearly crashed into us too, my head neck and back are totally killing me :(
so do you all reckon theres no hope for it?
if its a write off i wont be buying it back i guess its to much hassel, its weird though because the gearbox went the other day, well when i say went , it wont go into second gear, plus i needed a new exhaust.
I just hope i dont get offered something ridiculous, its 2004 with 76k on the clock , any rough ideas of what i can hope for? or do i really not want to know

tiTTy & SV650
I wouldn't want it repaired personally, it could be but it'd never be the same as from the factory.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
looks like a write off... ask gally as iirc he works in this type of field.

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
NEVER accept the first settlement quote regardless of what they come with

Plus, since your back and neck are hurting, you need to see a doctor asap, your looking at a minimum of £1500 for whiplash.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure gALLY will see this thread and offer some advice.

What I did for my old 172 was research all models of same age and spec and come to a mean figure of the models currently for sale. I also omitted some of the cheapest ones to raise the average. I managed to get £4,200 for my 172 which I was happy with.

R26
yeah good thing i have a witness and the witness nearly crashed into us too, my head neck and back are totally killing me :(
so do you all reckon theres no hope for it?
if its a write off i wont be buying it back i guess its to much hassel, its weird though because the gearbox went the other day, well when i say went , it wont go into second gear, plus i needed a new exhaust.
I just hope i dont get offered something ridiculous, its 2004 with 76k on the clock , any rough ideas of what i can hope for? or do i really not want to know

;) claiming i hope

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Dont listen to the crap about "never accept the first offer" as they may just tell you to wing it and see you in court. Could fail.

As said, do your research, get some print offs/cutting to the proper value.

You got a solicitor/hire car sorted yet?

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
That'll be a write off sorry to say. The back end will be twisted judging by the big crease in the rear quarter and where the rear wheel is sitting in relation to the wheel arch. Make sure you get a doctors report for whiplash etc. I'd start looking around for another car.

Clio 182 cup'd
looch said:
NEVER accept the first settlement quote regardless of what they come with

Plus, since your back and neck are hurting, you need to see a doctor asap, your looking at a minimum of £1500 for whiplash.

Yeah or go and see a doctor to make sure he is actually ok? Worry about any sort of claim at a later date.

Or maybe I'm old fashioned and doctors aren't for checking you are ok anymore!

Megane 225
Back wheel may just be the stub axle but doubtful, but when I had my 1/4 panel hit the bodyshop was something like £1500 to replace and spray. You'd have to pull the boot floor and align, fix back axle, new rear bumper and bootlid, probably around 2500-3000 to fix it?!

Maybe bootlid is fine. Hard to see from the angle! Hard to say if it'll be wrote!

Clio 182 Cup FF
It will be a write off under insurance easily. Whatever they offer you for the car dont take it as they always try a low offer first and they should instantly offer you more, if not they will ask you to provide proof of cars like yours being sold ( private sales only ) to show the worth of your car so start checking auto trader and see what price they are going for.
The whiplash you can deal with 2 ways, either see a doctor, then the third party's insurance company will ask you to see a doctor they appoint for a full report and it will go on that way roughly just over a year.
or you can get a pre med settlement which means they will just go on what your doctor has said. It wont be as much as the long winded way but if you want money sooner to help get the new car its probably easyier option and less hassle for you.

also your entitled to get a like for like replacement car so if they offer you a 1.1 saxo or something dont take it or ask for cash for the difference. ALso keep any recipts for taxi's etc in the meantime everything is claimable!!
any other problems just ask as i work in motor claims so i know all the in's and outs lol.

Alibi Blue 200
also your entitled to get a like for like replacement car so if they offer you a 1.1 saxo or something dont take it or ask for cash for the difference. ALso keep any recipts for taxi's etc in the meantime everything is claimable!!
any other problems just ask as i work in motor claims so i know all the in's and outs lol.

Currently going through this with my insurance, but its only as the car Less than a year old and your the first registered owner.

Not certain if that works on older cars?

RB 182
getting a courtesy car , originally told could only have a 1.2 but i refused and now getting a 1.8 astra at 4 o clock, happy with that i guess better than a 1.2

RB 182
ive got someone coming to see if its repairable or a write of on tuesday , do you think i should throw some sh*tty alloys or just wheels on it ? would i be ok doing that?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^^ depends whats there insured as?

I'd want my car to be a write off after that TBH

RB 182
i am hoping its a write off , its never going to be the same and i feel totally different about the car now , just totally put a downer on it :/

RB 182
i been looking at other cars an really dunno wot to get,i want something just as fast ideally, i might get a yellow 182 possibly, although i am tempted by CTR's, i know alot of you on here aren't fans of them at all, but theyve gotta be a pretty fun car to drive, whats the bhp of them 200? I dont mean the new shape i mean like a 2004/2005 one