ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just had a crash :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just out at the minute mate.

Just had a quick look on my blackberry I'll pm you once I'm home hopefully I can help you in some way.

When they come to look at it, if they deem it as a write off, could you not take everything possible off the car before they come to pick it up?

I.e. put shitty alloys on it, take all the usual stuff like badges, dash strips, radio etc

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just strip the car and give the salvage company the shell? Sell everything on here!

Let me know how you get on with that!

Lols.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
PM me your reg and miles mate. Cup packs.

I'll give you a valuation.

They might fix it. Looks like it's missed a lot of the rear, can't see from the pictures tho.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
ah looked good when i seen it in carlise sorry to see this has happened!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
getting a courtesy car , originally told could only have a 1.2 but i refused and now getting a 1.8 astra at 4 o clock, happy with that i guess better than a 1.2
If it's not your fault, you're entitled to a car equivalent to your own as a courtesy car. Fella drove in to dad's 996, they tried to loan him a Focus for a month. Ended up with another 996 until his was fixed.

RB 182
someones coming out to see it today, i really want it to be a write off, does my opinion have any say in the matter no? like if i was to start saying i would never feel safe in the car again etc etc or would i be wasting my time stating that ?
thanks

BG182FF
im sure your opinion counts so make out you dont want it back. from the pics though, looks like a write off as i have seen things written off for a lot less. good luck, onwards and upwards i say

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
someones coming out to see it today, i really want it to be a write off, does my opinion have any say in the matter no? like if i was to start saying i would never feel safe in the car again etc etc or would i be wasting my time stating that ?
thanks
There is some come and go if it's close, they will take your opinion into account.

not a bloody clio!!!
Never mind mate

Get your self on the for sale section on hear theres a lovley RB with your name on it very local to you aswell ;):cool:

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
Oh hi! Pics!

Are you suggesting she buy the car back from the insurance? :eek:

Hai :clown:

i might be suggesting that, i know a nice man who will take care of the salvage and poss put a few pennies in your pocket ;)

Clio MK 4
you might be able to get more than you would selling it.

I had a 52plate 172 with 60k on the clock. If i went by the book it was 3.6k and i could see some were selling for 4kish tops. They offered me 3.6 i said i wanted 4.5 and we agreed 4.3.

make sure you say how much your mods were and exaggerate a bit as that helps get more money back.

Clio 182 Cup FF
thanks

Yeah if you said u didnt want the car as u would be scared in it they wouldnt change their mind on the total loss.

Also dont go stripping the car as this will cause problemsu when they relise all the bits are missing and will start asking you for money back for that, unless your buying the car back!
however any bits that could off come off in the incident you can take off ;).
however any bits u take off that wernt involved in the accident then they will take that off the vaulation of the car if it gets inspected.

Hope it all goes ok though mate

RB 182
yeah was just going to take subtle bits of the car, i took the carbon fibre side bullets off it, an hes seen the car without them so they aint going back on, took a few other bits but going to see how much to buy it back off them

RB 182
okay so insurance rang today and got them upto £4.4k which isnt to bad i dont think really , was expecting £4-4.5k so happy with that just trying to find myself another little 182 now

RB 182
the last picture of her before she goes :(....
Picture201.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols!

Didn't look that bad actually! Seems to have missed the rear and hit the axle.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Gutted, it's really awful to see it in such a state.

RB's much better than silver though, good choice and hope you're feeling better :approve:

RB 182
Gutted, it's really awful to see it in such a state.

RB's much better than silver though, good choice and hope you're feeling better :approve:
yeah getting there, cant wait to get it, im sure i always see ur car, where about on the wirral you from? sure ive seen u along harrison drive a few times ??

Abarth 500 Esseesse
i'm in prenton, you live near harrison drive? yeah probably was me, my dad lives over that way