ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just drove my first 1.2

Golf 7R
Well i've owned one, it got me from A to B and they actually look pretty nice if looked after, no there not earth shatteringly quick but what do expect from that engine, it serves its purpose and its cheap to run, coming onto a forum and putting down the car is obviously going to ruffle some feathers.......Tool!

Scirocco GT 210
I'm amazed by how much people want/need air con :eek:

I never use my air con, windows down does the job just fine :D

Old skool stylieeeee :clown:

ahem - so to clear things up:
im 24 and did own a valver amongst other cars in the past.
I have been fortunate enough to drive various vehicles in my lifetime although currently i do not own a car as i do not need one due to having the Focus as a COMPANY CAR for the time being. I am not a spotty 18year old with no car or money who still hasnt passed his test.
I was disapointed by the 1.2 Clio as i stated in my post.
I also stated that i did not expect too much from a car in this price bracket
I stated that however, what i experienced was pretty poor and i would have expected a little more from this car (within the context of the price bracket and what it was designed to do).
I also stated that im sure people love their clios and fair do's to them
I didnt like it - various friends of mine have had them and share the same feelings about them.
Appologies for those of you who took offence - your prob and not mine.

The 1.2 Clio THAT I DROVE was piss poor - i am not saying that all 1.2's are like this.
Fair enough to all of you that love them.

Lets close this little topic now shall we before more people on their cliosport periods start slating everything i say lol.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Ad said:
What i will say is that the 1.2s dont half lossen up with the miles, a newish one will be tight as fook and will need to be broken in.

what he says ^^

mine now has 127,000 miles and goes like f**k compaired to others, inc my mums which has done 50,000 miles

yorkie said:
pmsl. I love it when people back track;

keyboard warriors! **cough** c**k **cough**

not back tracking cuntflaps - i was RESTATING EXACTLY WHAT I HAD ORIGINALLY SAID!!! - there was no back tracking in that post - read it properly

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
fastwunz said:
not back tracking c**tflaps - i was RESTATING EXACTLY WHAT I HAD ORIGINALLY SAID!!! - there was no back tracking in that post - read it properly

goal_cover_gross.jpg

RS Meg 175
my 1.2 is the badger nadgers :) nooo air con :( haha are you female?
Go to a track day in your 1.6 focus and wack fred in his 1.2 and lets watch :D

Matta_88 said:
my 1.2 is the badger nadgers :) nooo air con :( haha are you female?
Go to a track day in your 1.6 focus and wack fred in his 1.2 and lets watch :D

the focus would win unfrotunatly, ive driven both and therd be not much of a contest, fords are better engine wise and build quality, ive seen focus st's eat megane 225cups for breakfast, but clios are loveable and fords arent, and we buy cars because we love them.

Black 172 Sport
I own a 1.2 and i love it ! I came from a 2.0 BMW and yes i notice the difference but i bought the Clio for its looks and cheapness as a pose to performance.

I can't fault the Clio...... yet, seems nippy for a 1.2 but thats probably because i'm not dragging the weight of the BM around with me.

Yes a bigger engine would be nice but its cheap tax, insurance, and petrol is a bonus.

182 Cup Inferno
i got a 1.2 and its great, better than a metro! its really nippy which is handy for where i live and it has a/c as standard cos its a special edition. its cheap to run, and great on the m-ways. and the garage did me a fantastic deal, so i cant complain!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
R.A said:
the focus would win unfrotunatly

freds old 1.2 against a 1.6 focus and you say the focus would win, doubt it lol

im sure i remember the story from when i first joined about fred passing 172's on track in the 1.2.

the standard focus handles really well for what it is to be honest but its no match for a coilovered clio, what ever engine the clio has!