ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought RS Tuner but think car is already remapped - what to do?

172 (sold), Elise,
Just bought a second hand RS Tuner but after a spirited run yesterday I noticed that my rev limit is above 7000 – probably nearer 7500 (maybe higher – did not try)

Thus I assume it has been remapped (car otherwise standard).

Is there any way I can plug in the RS Tuner and find out if it has been mapped and if it was an RS Tuner map or not?

Can I do this without unlocking it?

Happy that I could sell on the RS Tuner but would rather avoid wasting the £50 to unlock it if I can.

Opinions?

A ANIMAL
Just bought a second hand RS Tuner but after a spirited run yesterday I noticed that my rev limit is above 7000 – probably nearer 7500 (maybe higher – did not try)

Thus I assume it has been remapped (car otherwise standard).

Is there any way I can plug in the RS Tuner and find out if it has been mapped and if it was an RS Tuner map or not?

Can I do this without unlocking it?

Happy that I could sell on the RS Tuner but would rather avoid wasting the £50 to unlock it if I can.

Opinions?

Rev limiter is 7250 as standard. No way of knowing what your map is unless you plug it in - in which case you'd need to unlock it

if it connects and you can view fault codes, the programming history should also show at the top of the window, which would mean you can see if its been re-mapped before.

clio trophy No56
Even if it is remapped you can read the ecu and save the current map, you could then either put it back to the cars standard map or the RSTuner write cal map for your car, then if you dont like either of these you could put it back to the original map, or at least i think.....