ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a Miltek Back box and I need some help... :) (182)

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Hello! I bought a 2nd hand Miltek Back box for my 182 as a replacement for the standard exhaust back box that is currently on there (I prefer the miltek slash cut) I have never done anything with an exhaust before so I was just asking on here for some tips on how to replace it myself? Few things...: 1) I have noticed my standard exhaust is lop sided and I looked at the hangers and they are very poor and persihed badly. Should I get some new 3rd party hangers or genuine renault ones? Difference in price/quality? 2) Would it just be a case of unclamping the standard back box and putting the miltek back box on? (Hoping that this is the case) 3)What putty/paste would you advise to use on the joint to the other part of the exhaust? (Where the clamp is) If you guys say it is too difficult to do on axles stand and hydraulic trolley jacks then I will just take it to a garage :) Thanks in advance!

Renault Clio 182
this is what i wanted to do to my 182 put a miltek back box on but i was told you have to go from the cat backwards but im sure someone on here can tell you more about doing it!

Arctic 182 FF
I know with Millteks on other cars the backbox doesnt fit the OEM centre pipes so im guessing the fitment for the Clio is the same

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Ahh that's a real shame :( Can't you just get sleeves/couplers with different sizes each end so they can match up to the existing exhaust pipes?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
standard exhaust is usually one piece, so needs to be chopped in the right place and then simply sleeve the miltek as you suggest

however for the price of a centre section, I'd just get one bought or made up from cat back to suite tbh, why do half a job?!