ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been to Renault.....

Street Triple R

.....to see what they would offer me for my Evo against a 182

see if you lot can guess what they offered me :(

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

seriously you want to get rid of your Evo?

i know the 182 is great - im buying one - but my other half would kill for an Evo.

my guess is : 10k (knowing that you can get them for about 12k on a 96 plate)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

thats offensive. i hope you smacked them up. and burnt the place down.

id hazard a guess that it was nearer to £3k knowing reno, if not a little under :(

personally think the trade value they are going on is a load of s**t but if all garages ae working on that value £3750 will be a realistic figure :(

whereas we all know they are worth more in the real market

Street Triple R

yep well your almost there, they offered me £3600 :eek: salesman didnt really know what it was, told me that he had a race against an Evo and won because the Evo apparently has a bad wheelspin problem! :D well i never knew that, lol

damn shame though, after sitting in the 182 they had in there, absolutely gorgeous car! desperately want one now! but that valuation, takes the p1$$ really

Megane 225 baby! :)

Quote: Originally posted by jongsr4 on 30 March 2004

yep well your almost there, they offered me £3600 :eek: salesman didnt really know what it was, told me that he had a race against an Evo and won because the Evo apparently has a bad wheelspin problem! :D well i never knew that, lol

damn shame though, after sitting in the 182 they had in there, absolutely gorgeous car! desperately want one now! but that valuation, takes the p1$$ really
Thats outrageous!!! :mad:

Lets hope you manage to sell it privately! :D

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by jongsr4 on 30 March 2004

PMSL :D

Jon that might just be the funniest thing Ive ever read.

"Yea the trouble with those Evos is they have no grip at all!" [Quote of the day from Renault].

If you would have taken him out in the car, the cars ability coupled to your driving skills would make him double his trade offer on the spot.

320d M Sport

RENO NUMBNUTS strike again!!!

where do they find these people, even Glasses guide doesnt value it that low?!

Do you really want to change your Evo for a 182?

Do yourself a favour and hang on to the mitsi. Buy the 182 anyway. Just for fun.

I bet in 3 years time the Evo will be worth more than the reno.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol now u need to think, who is sillier,

the renault salesman only offering that for it,

or

u for selling a wicked car for a french car that will rattle and have a bucket load of silly little problems...

Street Triple R

yep thanks for the support guys (cheers Frosty:)), yes it was the Beckenham dealership

The stupid thing is is that they have lost themselves a sale now, because if they had offered me a halfway decent price i would of thought "oh well, they tried" and maybe bought my 182 from them when i (hopefully) do sell the Evo, but now i shall take my custom elsewhere (its the principle :D)

I dont think im mad from going from an Evo to a 182 (am i?), an evo to drive is an amazing thing, no doubt about it, the acceleration is simply awesome, the handling etc etc etc, BUT an Evo to OWN is very different indeed! ill say no-more as im trying to sell it lol ;) oooh and i nearly forgot about the amount of wheelspin they suffer from! terrible! lol:p

plus i think the 182 is fantastic! i have been mightily impressed by Adamfs and Frostys 172 Cups, which i have been in from time to time, and would love to get my hands on a 182 or a 172 Cup

but anyway, a real shame about the valuation as its probably gonna add a good few weeks onto my clio waiting list, while i wait for the Mitz to sell :(

Why on earth do you think they will offer you a decent price? All they do with P/Exs is offload them to local car traders for pretty much what they bought it off you for. Theyll offer you the Glasss guide price and thats it. Did you tell them you REALLY wanted the 182? If you must P/Ex, tell them what you want for your car and youll order there and then if they give it to you, bearing in mind you will get about £500 less than the private sale price.