ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just become a 172 cup owner.

Fiesta ST-3
Been knocking about the forum for nigh on 2 years now but never actually owned a clio. Anyone who knows me knows i have a passion for them. So after owning a Laguna 1.8 16v Dynamique and a Renault Megane Coupe which i dropped a phase 1 172 engine in and failed misserably i am now picking up my first cup a week monday and i cant bloody wait.

Shes done 47k on the clock, just had cambelt aux belt and water pump replaced less than 1k miles ago. There are scratches on the bonnet, and the side strips are faded so my first job will to respray them. Then the alloys. They are bubbled real bad so needs a refurb but im unsure what colour. The only two picks i have until i pick her up and make it my own.

SDC10281.jpg

SDC10282.jpg

Astra SRI/ Hornet
The cups really suit the standard silver turinis IMO. I sprayed my 172cups side strips and looked awesome, cost about 40 quid and alot of elbow grease sanding the soft touch paint off them. Then just get good tyres and brake pads and you'll love it. Oh and a splitter I notice it's missing. Lol

Last edited:
All Cup sidestrips look like that standard btw, lacquering them makes such a big difference.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
It's soft touch paint. It's harder to scuff. Don't just laquer them. To look OE you'll have to sand them down and paint them.

Fiesta ST-3
Ok no problem, will be sending it to the body shop non the less as the bonnet needs doing too. Thanks for all the comments.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its a satin finish,. not really sure what 'soft touch' paint is!

I had mine redone with a clear coat, then refurbed the alloys. Only colour to have imo

022.jpg

047.jpg

172DD Cup
be interested to know if it's lowered. i think mine looks high at the front, definitely higher than this one.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What happened to the megane 172???

I really wanted you to finish that you loser.

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Nice buy mate, sounds just like mine! A little TLC needed but will be looking mint soon im sure.

Just need a few car park dents taking out and a wheel refurb and il be on my way!