ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Jun 28, 2015] Yorkshire Drive Out 28/06/15 (Maccies innit)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
East Leeds Blast

Date subject to change if required but provisionally 28th June 2015

Alright dudes, I thought I'd try arrange something a little more central for the Yorkshire members.

The plan would be to meet up at Colton McDonald's (ls15 9jh) at around 1030 with a view to leaving at 1045. This is just off the m1 so easy to get to. Drive from there out towards fairburn, back roads towards Selby, out towards cawood before heading towards sherburn for a drink and a chat at squires at newthorpe. Then from there back to the A63 and go out separate ways! Probably around 1hrs drive in total.

Plenty of twisty national speed limit roads to enjoy and no need to go mental. Just a nice jaunt out in the countryside!

Anyone fancy it?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
This sounds incredible and exactly what I class as a decent driving meet, however I fly to Krakow on the 28th of June :( so I sadly won't be able to make it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I don't move back to Yorkshire until the weekend after :(
I'd be up for something mid July onwards.

V6 255
Yeah I'm just really struggling for any free time at the minute. Which translates into as much as if like to do this kind of stuff, I'd just end up bailing out last minute

clio 172, mondeo td
This is only a suggestion but when I used to do the Vxlscc club meets for Yorkshire years ago we used to have a once a month meet at the same place, it was in wakey and we used to get good turnouts if I'm honest and it seemed good to have a meet where everybody knew where we were at least once a month, in the summer time we used to try and have two meets with the second meet being moved over the region to try and keep everybody happy ( which didn't really work if truthful) but the monthly meet was popular maybe this should be used here and see if it works so likeminded people could come along to it, not everybody wants to go out driving around in traffic when if you had the meeting time roughly around 7pm most if the traffics gone and they ha e a good drive out to the meeting point, only a suggestion by the way.

Good suggestion mate. However, for me personally, the static meets in car parks do nothing for me.

I prefer the driving meets, which at the moment are proving to be very hard to organise.

clio 172, mondeo td
I'm not saying don't have driving meets but sometimes if you have a central base that has meets all year round more people do come to the over the quieter months too, but having other meets throughout the month is fine, we used to meet every second month (unless it coincided with a big show) no matter what and had other meets throughout the summer months

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Any meets a freaking nightmare to be fair.

Everyone's busy in the summer and then it's always raining in the winter.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'm in the lakes on the proposed weekend, although in future Colton is a good meeting place for me as it's only around 10 mins away :)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Cancelled then!
Three people have suggested the week before. No offence but it's not going to work if you simply cancel the meet altogether when people can't make the initial date. It's very unlikely everyone's going to be able to make the first suggestion hence what these threads are for, to discuss dates what people can do surely?

Sorry if that came across as harsh, got tonsillitis and I might be abrupt haha.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Three people have suggested the week before. No offence but it's not going to work if you simply cancel the meet altogether when people can't make the initial date. It's very unlikely everyone's going to be able to make the first suggestion hence what these threads are for, to discuss dates what people can do surely?

Sorry if that came across as harsh, got tonsillitis and I might be abrupt haha.

I can't do the week before. I'm not been funny with you pal but me and Matthew have tried to arrange several meets and NOBODY has been available or turned up.

I only did this as no one else applied for the job and I can't really be arsed chasing people for suitable dates.

If you feel you can do a better job then please feel free to take on my rep status.

GT 128 VVT
I should be free most weekends for next couple of month apart from this week nd as I'm off to pickering for Yorkshire Modified Show