ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Jun 28, 2015] Scottish run out/drive Loch Lomond, Fort William etc. (Balloch)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Right, as per Fraser's post above, I had a r****d moment yesterday when deciding the meeting point.

Doesn't make much sense to all meet up and take a boring drive along a motorway and stuff out towards Dumbarton/Balloch way, so instead we'll meet up in Balloch for 10am and everyone can make their own way to there, taking whatever scenic route/backroads they like, or people can feel free to meet up with any others going from similar directions before hand and we'll all join up in Balloch.

Either way, it starts us off on a good drive, rather than jumping onto boring motorway and town roads for a good half hour or so.

FF Racing Blue 182
Hi mate...I'm just beside glasgow airport (erskine) if i make it, i can meet you near by and you can follow me to balloch.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah sounds good to me! I will probably just meet yous in Inverary if you decide to go there or Tyndrum as I'm coming from the West (Campbeltown).
We'll more than likely stop off at the viewpoint on the rest and be thankful if you fancied doing the extra few miles up to there. Understandable if not though, I never quite realised how far away from everywhere Campbeltown was haha

We'll more than likely stop off at the viewpoint on the rest and be thankful if you fancied doing the extra few miles up to there. Understandable if not though, I never quite realised how far away from everywhere Campbeltown was haha
Haha yeah, its a stunning place to live but takes ages to get anywhere. Can usually get to The Rest in 2 hours so that may well be a shout.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Very tempted but think I maybe struggling. Somebody fancy dropping me a mobile number and if I can make it I will let you know. Maybe last minute for me

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Can I get an aye or a no from everyone who's meant to be coming along to this? Need a list of names of who's actually going so we know who to wait on on Sunday morning.

Definitely confirmed so far I've got @arg_carra @Dannyeff @Fraser.J. @rctempire

@w33 brl @scotiamr2t @scotty10 @Paprika123 @Danny_172 @BREMBO @steve f any of you lot coming? Couple of you have rsvp'd above so I'm assuming yes to those but just checking. Cheers all!
I wont be late .. i promise :)

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
i should be there all going well with brake pads turning up on time (last set have crumbled into oblivion after last trackday)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Very tempted but think I maybe struggling. Somebody fancy dropping me a mobile number and if I can make it I will let you know. Maybe last minute for me
No worries, I'll PM you my number mate :smile:
I wont be late .. i promise :smile:
Will believe that when I see it. You've not been on time for a meet yet 😂😂
i should be there all going well with brake pads turning up on time (last set have crumbled into oblivion after last trackday)
Ah no problem, I've got a nearly new set of OE spec Pagids lying about after I fitted my RC5+. More than welcome to them if you end up with no pads but are still wanting to come along!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Was an awesome drive yesterday. As said turnout was a bit meh, maybe down to the weather for some people, although it brightened up for most of it and we even had a decent bit of sun for some of it! The drive and roads were great though.

Hopefully get another one organised in a few months time!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Sorry i never made it along had a nightmare trying to change brakes on on the A3. Pictures needed!

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Was an awesome drive yesterday. As said turnout was a bit meh, maybe down to the weather for some people, although it brightened up for most of it and we even had a decent bit of sun for some of it! The drive and roads were great though.

Hopefully get another one organised in a few months time!
hopefully next time i can keep up. regardless of the pace i fairly enjoyed myself

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
hopefully next time i can keep up. regardless of the pace i fairly enjoyed myself

This is one of the main reasons i don't attend these sort of meets as i would rather drive at 40mph and enjoy the roads and scenery

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
After looking, I got less photos than I thought, so I figured I might as well do a bit of a write up alongside them, instead of just posting a few (not very good) photos!

Early start for Fraser and me. Left about half 8 on Sunday morning, and headed to Stirling services as had been arranged in case anyone had decided to show up last minute. Waited for about 10-15 mins but no one else turned up, so we headed off. Well, tried to, but Fraser had managed to flatten his battery in those 10 minutes leaving his lights on:tearsofjoy:. Luckily we were on a hill and the car bump started. Was I f**k pushing the car to get it going lol!

Headed off along the A811 to Balloch, dropping in for a quick McD's breakfast while waiting on Danny. They were miles away still, so we decided to just meet up at the first stop after that, the viewpoint on the rest and be thankful. At this point the weather wasn't great, but the rain was only showery at least. Got a few pics here, Fraser has more I believe. Scenery was lovely, just a shame it was so overcast.

IMG_20150628_105910.jpg

Not long after that @Dannyeff and @rctempire turned up and we headed off again. Weather started to brighten up at this point and the roads began to dry out. Next stop was Tyndrum where we decided to stop in and get some lunch, which ended up consisting of a cake and a coffee each 😂 healthy options all round! Sun was shining when we arrived. Pissing down by the time we left! Typical!

Back on the road, and the weather was looking good once again within a few miles. It was here that we changed the original route though, and instead of heading down towards Callander and back into Glasgow, we headed off along the road towards Aberfeldy, going along side Loch Tay. Got a good bit of the drive from here onwards on my dash cam, and I think Fraser got a bit of GoPro footage too, so might try and get that posted up. Some epic roads up that way though. Stopped off again in Aberfeldy and I got another couple of pics.

Some corsa decided to get in the way.
IMG_20150628_142459.jpg

From here we headed for Crieff, stopping in quickly to find a toilet, somehow with no success! Then went on down through Gleneagles, Auchterarder, Dunning, and eventually Muckhart via some smaller B roads, before splitting up and going our separate ways home.

Quick picture I grabbed before we headed off.
IMG_20150628_163103.jpg

All in I think it was about 160ish miles, although I covered about 300 throughout the day by the time I'd included the initial drive to Balloch and my drive home. Was a brilliant drive though, fantastic roads and lovely scenery too. If the weather had been dry with a bit of sun the whole day it'd have been even better, but for a fair bit of it the weather held up, so I'd say we got fairly lucky after the terrible forecast for the day. Anyways, hopefully get another run like this sorted out later in the year and would love to have a bigger turn out for it!

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Brilliant write up wish a had the footage of the Ferrari mind u all u would here is s**t f**k s**t f**k every time I corner haha @rctempire

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Brilliant write up wish a had the footage of the Ferrari mind u all u would here is s**t f**k s**t f**k every time I corner haha @rctempire
I caught the Ferrari as he went past us when we stopped, but that was all. Still sounded awesome! I was mostly looking forward to hearing that farmer shouting at you on your dashcam tbh! 😂😂