ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

janspeed or yozza?????

Ph1 T
really cant decide which one to get bit of help opinions please want something raspy but not too loud when on motorways long joun=rney ect.. cheers

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
If you value your hearing i'd get a Janspeed. It also looks better.

YS sounds is obnoxiously loud, typical of JP, and the tips are a bit marmite.

Fred will be along soon to tell me i'm wrong.

Lionel Richie
If you value your hearing i'd get a Janspeed. It also looks better.

YS sounds is obnoxiously loud, typical of JP, and the tips are a bit marmite.

Fred will be along soon to tell me i'm wrong.

you're wrong

really cant decide which one to get bit of help opinions please want something raspy but not too loud when on motorways long joun=rney ect.. cheers

They actually go quiet at motorway cruising speeds, increased volume over stock when giving it death but unlike some systems which drone like f**k they're very civilised on the motorway.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
f**k me, I can see why Fred gets pissed off with people always going on about Yozza's being loud.

It's not loud unless you're driving through a tunnel at 6000 rpm with the windows open. Normal driving around town/on the motorway/on country lanes/tbh any type of road it isn't obtrusive or droney. I've owned a car before where sitting at 80mph with the exhaust booming around the cabin made me want to take a chainsaw to the car, set fire to it and then stamp on the little pieces that would be left. The Yozza doesn't even remotely make me want to do any of those things.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Big different between loud and boomy! I agree with what you're saying. The QS for example is a prime example.

It is loud, i spent 7hrs enroute to FCS in a YS 182. My ears were ringing!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Yep I agree with Dan, it's not that bad!

Yozza is the one you want.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
It can't be loud because my old fart of a Dad moans about every noise in the world but he hasn't moaned about my car. My old one he did, my brothers he does, but not my Clio.

If you can find a member locally off here with a yozza who'll take you out for a run so you can hear for yourself then that's your best bet. When I ordered mine I'd never heard one but I wanted the best quality and there was no disputing that part so I risked it and tbh it was no risk at all.

A yozza isn't stupidly loud.....unless you decat it.

Anyone who says their ears were ringing etc is an old fart.

even then its not that loud unless you PROPER gun it, on idle its quieter than OEM.

my day to day is a 172, decatted YS race system.

theres a reason why they are so sought after..

182FF
I know nothing about this sort of stuff so going to just chuck it out there!

Will a yozza bolt on to a 182 mani? is a yozza just from the cat back? am i being stupid? is there a thread about this already?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
i just got a ktec stealth supersport fitted today on my car, my god it drones like f**k in the car on the motorway, not good. was hoping it would sound a bit raspier as well but it doesnt. not very impressed if im honest. still it fits spot on and is a proper stealth thanks to the prima racing exhaust mount i bought, should of seen the state of the original mount, was totally fucked, would never of held up the backbox would of sagged like f**k.

Ph1 T
looks like yozza it is then anyone know the price for one fitted look a some vids on youtube and they look and sound sweet

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
well they are about 500 quid delivered, plus say £20 for fitting. not cheap by any means.

Ph1 T
just spoke to said 499.99 fitted including a steady drive down to bham hopefully will be worth it though :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
were having all YS stuff offically MSA tested just simply to prove they're 100% track legal
With decat? or just catback? (got a track day next week and am in two minds as to whether to leave cat out or put it back on)

Seat Ibiza
£500 fitted, thats cheap right? Can you get the hidden tail pipe, is it called supersport or am I being a fool?

Lionel Richie
£500 fitted/delivered for a 182, 172 is less, but not much!

supersport is a term from another company, we have stealth standard or stealth race for the 172 (plus full race)

Z4 Coupe
Fred is calling me tomorrow to confirm my yozza and fitting order for next Saturday! My standard system has rotted through! Can't wait arghhhh!

ph1 172
Yozza all the way. But I'm biased:approve:

After owning and helping fit various systems they are in a different league(fitment/sound/quality).

The flange joints are the way forward. And they sound pretty good!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
yozza all the way. build quality, welds, fitment, tailpipe design, sound etc are all far more superior than the janspeed. people who contemplate the yozza with another system (myself included) always make the wrong choice and then go and buy the wrong exhaust and after they realise they was wrong they hunt for a yozza. get the yozza first off! end.

Last edited: