ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

James' 172 Cup Project

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Glad you've sorted it mate but you've got to remember the car is what, 16 years old. For it to have just a very simple issue of am injector going is a hugely small inconvenience. Other cars this age have horrendous issues in comparison, rust being one of them so I don't think it's too bad at all.

Nice to see you at the pub the other day, I was so so tempted to grab your chair back from beneath you hahaha.
Agreed, my 106 had terrible rust issues so glad it's nothing serious like that.
Haha wouldn't have blamed you if you took the chair, gotta take your chances!

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Took the Cup out to Snake Pass in the Peak District yesterday. Got up at 5:30am to beat the traffic - Snake Pass at 7am on a Sunday morning = almost a private racetrack aha.
The Clio took a bit of a caining which I feel a little guilty for, but it did everything I asked of it and more!

Here's a few photos.

Pulled over halfway to grab a few of these.
GPTempDownload (2).jpg

GPTempDownload (3).jpg

Arrived in Glossop and let the Clio cool down before heading up the opposite way for a 2nd run!
GPTempDownload.jpg

And 145 miles later... arrived home. Still looks remarkably clean, but I can assure everybody, close up - half the peak district's insect population is currently sitting on my front bumper
GPTempDownload (1).jpg

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
The beginning of the end.

The Cup will be up for sale very shorty, so I am slowly taking it back to standard ready for the next owner. Bit of a shame because in it's current form the setup was absolutely spot on. Everything just came together perfectly to make a truly awesome little car, perfect for B-road bashing!

Went out for one last blast before the mods started to come off.
IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

Also went out for a cruise with @dann2707 and his monster 182!
4a7f298d-74cf-445e-9c16-5ec4c7171f16.jpg

Crappy photo but took a quick snap alongside @Coops Mk1
IMG_1252 (1).JPG

So, the return to standard began.
OEM induction kit back on.
GOPR2717.JPG

Sparco Seats out. Boring standard interior in. In fairness it seems so much more refined now, a much nicer place to be when cruising about.

GPTempDownload (5).jpg

I'm going to hold onto the Sparco wheel and Evol Dogbone mount for the next week or so, but they'll be up for sale soonish.

That's all for now!

James

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
What's next? Car looks great am sure you will get it sold no problems ?

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Thanks. Looking to take a break from the endless money pits that are cars. I'm going to Canada next month to work in the mountain bike parks.
Will certainly be back in a Clio again once I'm back
I had a 3 year break from cars when I started a business, I missed them but you do forget that their is always something to buy even if you need man maths to justify ? have a great time in Canada, have a friend who loves it out there for mountain biking, have family in Canada just haven't managed to get over there yet

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
I had a 3 year break from cars when I started a business, I missed them but you do forget that their is always something to buy even if you need man maths to justify ? have a great time in Canada, have a friend who loves it out there for mountain biking, have family in Canada just haven't managed to get over there yet

Cheers, I Did a ski season there in 2016/17 and been wanting to go back ever since, it's a beautiful country and definitely worth a visit when you get the chance!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Congrats on the sale although am sure a double edged sword, enjoy Canada, you'll be back ?

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
She's gone to a good home james I'm very happy ?
Had a good blast round this evening great fun, now to put all the mods back on ?

Glad to hear it, enjoy! keep us updated chap

Congrats on the sale although am sure a double edged sword, enjoy Canada, you'll be back ?
Glad to hear it sold easily enough, missing it yet? Canada is a lovely country, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. All the best.
She's gone to a good home james I'm very happy ?
Had a good blast round this evening great fun, now to put all the mods back on ?
Good member too. Good luck In Canada mate.
Thanks guys appreciate it!