ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jam sport 4 pot Wilwood disc compatibility

clio 182
Hi, I'm looking to buy the Jamsport 4 pot Wilwood kit and have called them today regarding the discs. they only supply one type of disc with this kit and they are bespoke so seems to be a very limited option as to what front discs you can use.

Does anyone have any experience with this kit and is there another disc that is compatible with this set-up from another Renault model for example.

I'm looking to get some other discs for it and ideally I want them to be drilled. also I dont want to be tide to Jamsport every time I want some new discs.

It states that these fit under 2118's but sounds tight, anyone have any experience with the clearance?

What is this set-up like to run aswell? Good purchase or not?

Thanks, Simon.

clio 182
This kit uses 295 x 26 discs and standards are 280, done some digging and it looks like they are modified from Toyota discs but I'm seeing bad reviews on the discs. Don't know if Jam-sport are still using that modified disc or not but it seems the centre bore is oversized on them at 62mm which doesn't sound ideal.

clio 182
Think im gona sack it off and go with the brembo conversion, having only 1 choice of disc with the Jam-sport kit is dreadful

C2 vts/172 ph1
Think im gona sack it off and go with the brembo conversion, having only 1 choice of disc with the Jam-sport kit is dreadful
I bought the Ktec kit mate I also looked at jam sport kit but the disc but me off cause I wasn't sure if they fitted with the ozf1, the Ktec kit is really good I have turini's on atm and there's lots of space so could run 2118 I'm positive with out any spacers

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I'm using the jam sport kit.

When I rang them up they where really unhelpful and blunt.
I'm running the AP bells and rotor option they do
They fit perfectly under 2118 as I'm running them.

0DDB56E4-BE10-4235-AA05-2FB139AD482A_zpsvifmroto.jpg

68DA27F9-A048-4A06-B2A8-205B0448572C_zpsvqtthpmr.jpg

18EB366A-D3B2-43ED-9FA0-679E670519DB_zpshp64wdly.jpg

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Just reading the description, it says it's a Padig disc and I believe they order bits from EuroCarParts, so once you've got the kit it'll have a part number on the box or stamped into the disc. Then yourll be able to order them from else where I guess.

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
I am surprised that no one has contacted Ian@Godspeed brakes to see if he can do a 2 piece bell and brake rota setup,I have been contemplating the jamsport Wilwood kit myself as I will be running 15" wheels and don't fancy machining brembo's ,its only the replacement disc issue for the midilight caliper setup that has me stalling.SJ.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I am surprised that no one has contacted Ian@Godspeed brakes to see if he can do a 2 piece bell and brake rota setup,I have been contemplating the jamsport Wilwood kit myself as I will be running 15" wheels and don't fancy machining brembo's ,its only the replacement disc issue for the midilight caliper setup that has me stalling.SJ.
Bell and rotor setup is around the £500 region.

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Bell and rotor setup is around the £500 region.
Must be able to get a set cheaper then that mate for the Clio,you can get a 330 two piece disc set up for a Subaru Impreza for around the £420 mark.I will do some inquiring me thinks:wink:.SJ.

I've just fitted the Compbrake 4 pots and again like the OP seems discs are limited at 295mm x 24mm (8 stud) . Pads are fine and are the same as the Wilwood dynalites.

@Fletcher did you source alternative discs on your Compbrake kit?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I've just fitted the Compbrake 4 pots and again like the OP seems discs are limited at 295mm x 24mm (8 stud) . Pads are fine and are the same as the Wilwood dynalites.

@Fletcher did you source alternative discs on your Compbrake kit?

No mate, but TBH I didn't really look very hard for alternative discs/ set up.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Just reading the description, it says it's a Padig disc and I believe they order bits from EuroCarParts, so once you've got the kit it'll have a part number on the box or stamped into the disc. Then yourll be able to order them from else where I guess.

You'd still need to get the centre bore and PCD altered as they're not a direct fit.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Is there anyone running an alloy bell and rotor setup with standard calipers ? I'm just wondering what the biggest rotor I could get away with under 15" oz ultraleggera's et38

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Hi, I'm looking to buy the Jamsport 4 pot Wilwood kit and have called them today regarding the discs. they only supply one type of disc with this kit and they are bespoke so seems to be a very limited option as to what front discs you can use.

Does anyone have any experience with this kit and is there another disc that is compatible with this set-up from another Renault model for example.

I'm looking to get some other discs for it and ideally I want them to be drilled. also I dont want to be tide to Jamsport every time I want some new discs.

It states that these fit under 2118's but sounds tight, anyone have any experience with the clearance?

What is this set-up like to run aswell? Good purchase or not?

Thanks, Simon.

I ran the wilwoods kit on my old BG with 2118's. If I remember correctly, it was a pagid disc and was the same center bore as standard. I really liked the kit and thought it worked well. I had earls braided lines and ds2500. I "think" the kit was £700 from Jamsport but I can't fully remember.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
A high 8!

It was a good car. Mechanically sound barring a few small (and I mean small) issues. Was a quickie too. Had a load of nice bits on there and was a great car to own. I miss it more than the ph1, and also felt more connected to it than the ph1.

When I post pics of it, it really makes me want another 182! I just don't want plow loads into a car again, although that always happens! Lol

Ph1
Can you not run standard / Brembo disks with this kit?

Ktec has the option for it on their site with the same calipers