ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've had enough!

Rolls Royce
Been with Sky in my new home now for 12 months just over! My broadband connection has been a faulty mess since day one, never had over half a meg whereas in my area should receive pto 11mb. The connection constantly drops every 10 minutes its shocking, unuseable!

The ammount of fifa games thats lagged and disconnected half way through must be 100 at least! I want to stay with the sky TV package but cancel my sky talk and my sky broadband!?

Whats the best way to do this? Who is the best company to provide my phone service is BT my only option? If so how do I switch to BT? I also Want to change my broadband provider but who to yet i'm not sure will have a shop around!?

I've a funny feeling there is a fault on my actual line itself who do I contact about this? Sky says there is no problem and strata who built my house say their is no problem!? I'm getting fucked off with it now all together and just want it sorting its so furstrating!! :mad:

Rolls Royce
Yep tried that about 10 times no difference. Had 3 new routers numerous sets of new filters and cables... nothing!

Fiesta ST3
Yes that is what i'm on about, had it plugged into the test socket for about a month.... no difference!

trouble is, you may have same issues with other ISPs aswell, as they are prob in the same exchange as sky.

do you pay your line rental to sky aswell?

if so, give BT a call explain your unhappy with sky and want to move back to them, hopefully they wont charge you the £120 ish to move to them, then one moved back go for O2 broadband, imo thy are the best, again with adsl, its all to so with the distance from exchange.

or could be dodgy wiring, you can try disconnecting the bell wire in your sockets at home?

http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/bellwirenutshell.html

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
Use VirginMedia for Internet, Fibre optic will always be better then copper cables. We have the 10mb package and can get 1mb/s+ on good servers for downloads.

Rolls Royce
I need to transfer my phone line accross first how do I do this and whos the best to go with can I only go with BT?

Fiesta ST3
I need to transfer my phone line accross first how do I do this and whos the best to go with can I only go with BT?

always best to stick with BT imo, then just get a broadband package from an other isp and just stick to paying line rental to BT

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
As above, I'm with o2, never had a single issue, I pay £7.50 a month because i'm with o2 with my mobile.

Punto/Clio GTT
tbh, theres obviously a fault somewhere. have you phoned SKY and asked for them to sort it?

it took me about 4 phonecalls to SKY/BT for someone to actually diagnose the problem.

my problem was the same as yours, i had a 16mb line. apparantly my line couldnt cope with 16mb and on occasions it would completely f**k up. drop connection lag out or not work altogether. They capped it at 9mb and i didnt have a problem.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Another vote for o2 I'd you switch ISP. Been excellent since we joined years ago.

Polo (not quite a Clio)
Please keep in mind, if BT is your only option you will be placed on the O2 Connect package which is considerably more expensive and has a fair usage of 10 GB per month (not unlimited as advertised).

There are many ISPs out there who will offer a consistent and reliable service, however as others have stated - the issue could still be within your home with cabling & hardware; so you may experience the same issues no matter which ISP you are with.

In terms of line rental, I would definitely go back with BT for your line rental and source another ISP for broadband. Many other providers will only sell you a telephone line if you go with a broadband bundle as well.

If you'd like 1-to-1 help in diagnosing your broadband issues, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll provide you with my personal e-mail address or MSN (which ever you prefer) and we can have a go at least identifying the issue (whether it is Sky or something else).

All the best,
Ryan