ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is your clio for track racing or polishing?

I got my 172 for the sole purpose of racing it and ragging it. Il never spend money on cosmetics just on track preparation, give it a lick of polish every now and then when im bored because i dnt want a shitty car sat outside my house lol. Going to kill it this year and buy a subaru sti come october lol.
Whats yours for?

Lotus Elise
Re: Is your clio sport for racing or polishing?

I use it as a car. Its the most expensive thing I've ever bought so I like to look after mechanically and cosmetically. It gets used on track and as a daily.

Ph2 Clio 172

Trackdays.

It gets washed once a track day (so about every 4 months, lol). I was driven into and the rear boot lid has a massive dent in it. But I cba to fix it as it offers nothing but cosmetic advantages. Rather spend the money on trackdays and track based mods instead.

Racing Blue 182 Cup

Car is for detailing, GSXR is for thrashing.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I'm aiming for an OEM+ concours track day ****. Which may show a lack of focus overall I guess!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I'm aiming for an OEM+ concours track day ****. Which may show a lack of focus overall I guess!

I like it. Jack of all master of none... :eek:

AG 200
Re: Is your clio for racing or polishing?

Use mine mainly for dogging , it all gets a bit weird if me and the Mrs turn up on a push bike.

Chocolate Orange 172

I use mine as a daily driver and will eventually turn it into a track car, got to save up for the wedding first lol

Trackdays and driving back and forth to work. ALthough I've not done any track days/ring for ages though

The state of the body shows it was last polished when it left the factory. I recon last time I washed it was September (it has been washed by someone else since them mind you)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

I like having the shiniest Clio in town, so polishing.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
last one was more thrashing, But the yellow will be polished as much as 'used' ;) Its also a good van.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
i'd like to say polishing... but in the 4-5 months ive owned it, ive only polished / waxed it once. and washed it about 3 times. which is very little as i used to wash my 1.2 everytime i got a chance, sometimes 3 times in 1 day.

Need to get my front bumper resprayed before i can polish it anyways! oh, and i need a dry day!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ive personally cleaned the Trophy once in 14 months ... Its a filthy shed. Mechanically however, its looked after money no object.

Very much driven/tracked/enjoyed.

The M3 is my commuting bus.

LY Megane R26 230
Neither,used as my work hack and play thing on the weekends.might get a monthly was from the Poles if lucky and im feeling flush

cordoba,panda 100 hp
my brother has an me46 m3 and its seriously clean, hes got serious OCD, but he uses it on track days and over at the ring and gives it so much pain, but as soon as he's checked it over after a setion on the track its streight back on with the wax, its always the cleanest car on track, his last car (ibiza cupra R) was the same and he even won 4trophies both in uk and belgium with it, it was that clean, so i gues you can have both, just down to dedication

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Neither,used as my work hack and play thing on the weekends.might get a monthly was from the Poles if lucky and im feeling flush

monthly wash yet he's bought a polisher!?!? lol

I never took my Clio on track, yet I did my far share of track time. I worked my car hard and enjoyed every minute I had it on the right roads, took great pride in owning it so maintained it meticulously both mechanical and appearance.

The day it was sold it was almost better than the day it left the showroom

even race teams fully prep their cars for appearance. GTechniq look after the Prodrive WRC team
http://gtechniq.com/main-page/

Last edited:
  Nissan 350z
Getting to work and having some power to undertake the c**ts in the 2nd lane on the DCs esentially. Nice to be able to go out for a blast from time to time at the weekend as well to get rid of the cobwebs.

Clio 172
Both tbh. I hate having a dirty car so gets the detailing treatment. Gets used hard on road and a few trackdays aswell

Polished? lol

5381934986_41da902044_b.png

IMAG0136 by Adam Kerr, on Flickr

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I love that! I remember my old Black Clio looked like it had been through rally stage.

ITB BG 182
Polishing or Track, neither.

Mine looks like that silver 200 above.

I'll think about cleaning it when the temp hits above 15c

320d
I pretty much just use my car for pottering round in, the odd blast etc at the minute. My MX5 hasn't been washed since I came back from Le Mans.

When I change it soon I keep telling myself that I'll keep my next car clean, I say that with them all though. I do want to do my first track day in 2012 though so hopefully that will happen if I have the funds.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I enjoy detailing, just not my own car lol.

It gets used for what it was built for, fully intend on buying tracktime, extra tyres, discs and pads etc, then I think the money could be better spent on a turbo build

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
-J- I realised the other day I really want the set-up on your cup, desperate for those coilovers ;) were they v1's, 2's or 3's?