ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this the speedo sensor?

RB FF 182
Hi guys.

Wanna make sure this is the right sensor before I take it out to check/clean it.

It feels like it needs to be removed with a spanner??

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 586
  RB FF 182
Thanks mate.

Hopefully someone will be along to tell me soon. I'll go have a play though being as I know it's the right one.

RB FF 182
Cheers pal. Dunno why I'm worried about breaking it. It's on it's way out. Lol

Not had chance to order one yet, just wondered if cleaning would help. I'll leave it for now. :)

yh thats speedo sensor, the switch has to clips that once pushed into the box clips into two holes oppsite each other, u have to push both in then pull the switch upwards. quite fiddly

260% JCW
The plug is cliped on and should be easy to get off, getting the sensor out is another matter. I had a new one waiting to go in so i used a big pair of mole grips to grab the big plastic bit and tugged for ages. Eventually poped out.

Then the new one slipped straight in.

RB FF 182
Changed! Finally know how fast i'm going! lol

Was pretty easy to get when I realised it sits at a slight angle... Spend ages pulling straight up, but it leans slightly toward the cabin of the car.

Once I pulled in the correct direction it came straight out. New one slipped straight in (although doesn't feel secure... but it's still there and working).

Fiesta ST-3
Changed! Finally know how fast i'm going! lol

Was pretty easy to get when I realised it sits at a slight angle... Spend ages pulling straight up, but it leans slightly toward the cabin of the car.

Once I pulled in the correct direction it came straight out. New one slipped straight in (although doesn't feel secure... but it's still there and working).

Tbh you need to push it in as hard as you can so it does feel secure. Just keep pushing until it clicks and you should be ok.

RB FF 182
Yeah it's in as far as it will go, I was expecting a click as I've read that somewhere before.

Speed is accurate. Once I get home and it's cooled down I'll have a look. The old one came out really quite easily, and the new one has a similar level or resistance. So it's probably OK. No harm in checking though.

Thanks.

182 BG FF
Why did you change the sensor? Was it because the speedo is completley out? The only reason im asking is because my speedo has completly died and says im doing 160mph lol and im going to change the sensor and hope it sorts the problem.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I changed mine last year as my speed was working intermittently, before you order one I'd double check and make sure your car uses one (going by your username if you have a 182 the speedo uses the abs system rather than a sensor on gearbox)