ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this anyones clio? (182 conversion)

BMW E92/Audi S3
I'm sure this was not long spotted on this forum????
As in, the Spotted section.

Bar the spoiler and it wouldn't be too bad. Good work done to it though.

"Also the speedo dosent work, small fix apparently its common problem ive been told it just needs a new set of clocks."

mmmmm

surprised it aint got no bids

why? I wouldn't take it if you paid me. A conversion is no billy-jobsworth project, there's no saying who did this and the catalouqe of problems it may have in the future if its been treated as one big learning curve.

Last edited:
I am considering putting a bid in as i want something with more bhp than my current car and this looks like a good deal. I can't get insured on anything else! Do you think it's worth it?

Last edited:
Personally mate I think its a big risk to take on someones project as your own car, as said you could be inheriting a lot of problems now or later down the line (saying that it could be mint and never have any problems, but I wouldn't bet my life on it)

The statement about dials is a big no no for me, all kinds of funny business tbh.

I am considering putting a bid in as i want something with more bhp than my current car and this looks like a good deal. I can't get insured on anything else! Do you think it's worth it?

imo go look at the car poke around give everything a tug and give it a test drive.

isnt the speedo linked to the gearbox somehow

Yeah - final drive in the box provides road speed.

Its more the fact that engine miles/box miles are all over the shop, no traceable history etc. Box could be a 100k + and you would not have a clue. Could very easy become a maintenance nightmare. This is just my opinion I hasten to add, I would never buy something that isn't totally sound, £££ are too precious for that lol. However the car could be totally sound, the parts could have history-details etc. It just seems a bit schoolboy from the ad - just my impression.

Nimbus 197

you may as well me uninsured if you buy this and insure it as a 1.2

I would stay well clear

S3, Polo
The big thing that no-one's mentioned is that a 'modified 1.2 with a 182 conversion' will cost you more to insure than a 182 anyway!!

FFS decent ph2 172's can be had for under £500 more!!

Avoid!

Looks as though he's put a lot of time and money into that,and it now regretting it. Shame really, I've seen worse though.