ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IS the ABS controlled by the ECU

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
im gonna take a guess and say no its not controlled by the ecu lol

this guess is based on my interpretation of the wiring diagram in the tech manual

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
scrap that im saying yes it is controlled by the ecu

this answer is based on the copy of 'Hillier's : Fundamentals of motor vehicle technology' sat in front of me lol

106 GTI
Id say yes on the basis that ben loves spending money...

also abs comes up on the instrument panel if a fault is present therefore they must ''talk'' to each other

They do all talk to each other, its can-bus aint it. The speedo uses info from the ABS computer, im not sure if you lose the standard ECU altogether what affect it will have on the ABS tho.

Im not sure on the clio, but on some models information from the brake pedal switch is used to cut engine revs ( for emmision ) So on some models removing the ECU could cause problems.

Dont take any of this as gospel as it could be b****cks, not worked on renaults for a long time.

Edit: Yours is a PH1 right? So speedo drive from box not ABS, 1 less problem to worry about.

Last edited:
  C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Im reet for MOT emmisons (the car would prob melt the probe at the moment anyway!)

What othere issues can you see when removing the renault ECU? Im replacing with omex (well its allready in there running along aside)

Ive sorted all the clocks, tacho and gauages etc

Lionel Richie
windows? reverse light? keys? fuel pump? everything connected to the UCH? lights, cooling fans? etc etc

have you thought this through? its going to be costly and time consuming to bin the entire car loom IMO

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
im not binning the whole loom. just the enigne sensor part.

I have to keep the UCH (i dont even think mine has one) rest of the loom is seperate to the engine loom.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yeah, just want too loose all the dog sh1t sensors which are doing nothing and that are just flapping about lol.