ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it worth it?

Subaru Impreza P1
ive got a 182 and abit of money to spend on it, its already decatted with a full miltek system. my next step was to get cams, remapped ecu and an ITG maxogen all from k tec, would it be worth it or any other ideas, not got the money for TB's of turbo though. im doin all this work without having the car on a rolling road at any point, would it be worth getting it set up on a rolling road aswell

Subaru Impreza P1
thanks for all the input lads i will take on the vast amount of help you have given me onboard

182-racing-blue

Hi dude.

Sounds like you have money to burn. Take it you are one of us CS millionaires?

If you arent suffering from cash deprivation then get a supercharger kit. Thats probably next on the list for me.

b/g 182, meg tourer
cams, itg maxogen and a remap would be worth it. along with inlet matching.
don't expect a huge power gain, but it should drive differently and it should be smoother through the rev range.

i wouldn't bother spending the money trying to tune it tho.

Last edited:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I'd do it...

Atm i'm running my 172 with a itg maxogen, and ktec stealth. in the new year i hope to upgrade my cams, re-map my ecu.

Then maybe get some itb's fitted.

b/g 182, meg tourer
I'd do it...

Atm i'm running my 172 with a itg maxogen, and ktec stealth. in the new year i hope to upgrade my cams, re-map my ecu.

Then maybe get some itb's fitted.

each to their own.
would like my car to be quicker but i don't want to be spending thousands on it.
i just dont have 3000 to spend on itb's.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
each to their own.
would like my car to be quicker but i don't want to be spending thousands on it.
i just dont have 3000 to spend on itb's.

Fair enough..

I've spent a lot of money on it already. I don't ever intend on selling it, so a extra 3k for tb's isn't really a big deal tbh.

Subaru Impreza P1
well i think im goin go for it all anyway, if i had money to burn turbo orTB's would be on the cards boys but my limit is about 2500, im not expeting massive gains but my mate (wilkey1107) has bought a seat ibiza 245 bhp and cant keep up anymore till it gets twisty just need abit more power under my right foot.

is the ITG maxogen worth all that money though

320d
£2500 isnt far off boddies tbh. a maxogen, cams and ecu isnt going to make u keep up with a 245 bhp ibiza though mate he's probly running around 245lbft of torque aswell.

Boddies would put you a lot closer.

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
I'd use the RSTuner solution (www.fastchip.nl) rather than Ktec solution for a re-map from what I've read. Cheaper and you get the option to map yourself and future custom map with other mods. If you know a tuner well or have a lot of money you are willing to spend on live mapping, this would be better, but for the price RSTuner is spot on. (do some searches for views/reviews)

I've just bought one.

b/g 182, meg tourer
Fair enough..

I've spent a lot of money on it already. I don't ever intend on selling it, so a extra 3k for tb's isn't really a big deal tbh.

thats fair enough.
saving for a house atm, looking to buy in 12 to 18 months so no spare cash :(
if i still have the 182 in a few years and i have some spare money, i might look into further mods.

Ph1
£2500 isnt far off boddies tbh. a maxogen, cams and ecu isnt going to make u keep up with a 245 bhp ibiza though mate he's probly running around 245lbft of torque aswell.

Boddies would put you a lot closer.

TB's all set up are nearer 4k im sure. Cams can be done for 2k

PH1 172 Sport
Best pound for bhp mod ive done was matched inlets and an rstuner remap.

tbh your better off selling it and putting your tuning money towards a faster car if thats what you want. I know lots of people will disagree but the clios are expensive to tune if your after huge gains and when you get huge gains you need to start thinking about the clutch and gearbox holding up!

Mazda 323f 2.0 sport
is the ITG maxogen worth all that money though

all induction kits would give u pretty much the same power gain.a think payin that kind of money for a filter is a bit steep,av just got a shielded cone filter with cold air hose bolted on the front,sounds great.dont notice any power gain though.

Ph1
Problem is folk hear about Joe Blogs in his turbo'd motor getting 25bhp just by cranking up the boost and then you read on here that someones spent 3k+ on a Clio and gained exactly the same!

Theres a lot bigger picture tho

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Make your own ITG - easy enough: get a ph1 airbox from a scrap yard, an ITG filter (£45) and two pieces of big bore CAF pipe (£60).