ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is anyone else not really bothered about the PS3?

none, just walk
as the launch date gets closer, i find my self not really getting excited about it, i love my xb360 and wii, and i just cant justify paying that much for a console, both my consoles together dont make up the price for one of them!

there is no mgs coming out for it or a gt5 for a while, i think march or when ever its out is going to be all hype with every paper being paid by sony to say its the best thing since sliced bread, then in a years time its going to be stuggling cos everyone will see that online gaming is the future and its no match for xb live, and it doesnt have the quality games like zelda for the wii, so i really think sony have lost this years games generation.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm looking forward to playing F1 on the PS3 and the BD player will be great to own.

The Beast MK4
Not answering your question really but im not bothered about getting one on release.

However one shall be in place for Metal Gear/Pro Evo and the new GTA e.t.c.

Couldn't give a f**k. I still have a normal xbox lol. May get a 360 so I can play GTA4 later this year.

I cant give a monkeys about the PS3.

My brother inlaw has preordered one and he is going to be camping outside the shop on the 23rd waiting. I think he has mentioned it everytime I have seen him for the last 6 months. He nearly cried when the put back the launch date.

I think I might work a half day on the 23rd and pop over to have a play.

Fook spending £500 on a console. Sony must think we all smoke crack whilst playing the PS2!

ive always been a plasystation man

till i got my xbox, and now xbox 360

couldnt care about the ps3 really. just hope the 360's become more reliable.

R

rich[182]

Depends what boat your in to this Q

If you've already got a 360 you'd have to ask yourself why you'd even contemplate getting a PS3

If you've got a PS2 with loads of games but haven't got a 360 then yeh the PS3 would be a good choice

If you've bot a XBOX then don't really matter whether you go 360 or PS3

If you want nextgen gaming and want to take a hit into HD and don't care about the format war then the PS3 is good value imo, tell me where you can get a BD player from for anything remotely near £425

All swings n' roundabouts

Makes me laugh when people say why pay £500 on a console, if your into movies and want HD then it's not merely a console, a standalone BD player is approx £700+, a standalone HD-DVD player is £375ish, a 360 + HD-DVD drive is £400ish, a PS3 is £425, many CS members think nothing about spending £250 on an induction kit that will do f*****l for performance but will still buy one

However if I did want a PS3 I'd not get one at launch, not because of the £ but wait until any teething support type issues have been identified and resolved, I'd wait 4-5 months minimum

Last edited by a moderator:
  05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I am not bothered tbh. Its to expensive, No rumble in Controller, Most games are Multi-Format, Not bothered about Blue Ray (can get a HD-Drive for my 360 £120 ish) and the most important that is that they are taking the piss out of us Europens with "limited Backwards compatibility". I could go on.

ff 182
360 = more games seems like all or most dev's are concentrating on the 360 at the minute, so im not realy botherd about the ps3.may be when it drops in a few years i will get one.....

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I'm the same as Guy, I used to love Playstations but since getting my 360 I won't bother with the PS3.

none, just walk
to be totally honest last time i was excited about a console launch was the launch of the dreamcast! thats the only time ive pre ordered and had that xmas morning feeling getting up to get one, i was young then though. i think now there hasnt been a console that has came out and had that wow factor and been able to maintain from the get go. consoles seem to get better after about a year now. The xb360 is getting really good now that the developers are starting to get used to it, i think the ps3 is only living upto the hype made from the ps2, i was a playstation fan, i didnt bother with the original xb, but the new 360 is the first time that its actually delivering arcade quality graphics, i was looking on the back of my nes the other day and it said that delievered arcade quality graphics.....i want my money back if that was the arcade quality standard haha

Renault Clio, 216 Tomcat
does any one actually know how much theese things are ment to cost..i ordered mine at blcok buster ..yeah i know..nearest place to ma wee town.lol and now they are quting about 700 quid for the full bhuna for it .. or 500 to start me off ..its gettin a wee bit osteep now.

Astra CDTI SRI
Not bothered at all. Got my Wii and my PC.

It would be nice to have a go and see what the games are looking like, but I won't be buying one until the price is vastly reduced.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd like to see what a PS3 has to offer. I doubt that I'd buy one for the first few years though. Got the PC for the serious games - the PSP for the no brainer stuff. :)

D.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I pre-ordered one, then cancelled my order, so suppose you can say no i'm not bothered.

Incidentally, i was in virgin megastore on oxford st this morning, and they had a big stand up saying for £20 you can reserve one for launch day GUARANTEED so here's hoping all the ebay rip off merchants don't do well on the ps3 haha

Clio DCi 65
Im not at all fussed on the PS3 especially with the price,

Might consider a X360 Premium with games,

Usually about £200 in my local paper!

500bhp Scoob
I've only just bought a PS2, so no the PS3 doesn't bother me lol

PMSL me too, bought one of them asda ones.

Had one over a year ago, but didn't play it much so sold it, bought the asda one, did a bit of soldering ;) and i've got about 35-40 games now

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
is anyone else not really bothered about the PS3? Im sooooooooo gonna get me one of these lol. Ive decided to sell all ma xbox360 stuff to get it. pm me if you want it!

Golf R soon...
Never had a next gen console before so I thought I would stick with what I know best which is a playstation really.

Just prefer the controller and the games really. Especially playing all the sequels of old games.

Not bothered by the price to be fair and if I want to play games online you can't beat a PC, beats Xbox and Playstation hands down.

A4 Avant
I've always bought playstations. Couldn't resist an Xbox360 when I got my HD tv. I'm not even remotely interested in the PS3. From what I have seen and heard, it offers nothing more than the Xbox360 other then the Blu-Ray drive. The only game that i'll be missing is the Gran Turismo series, but I'm not about to buy a console for one game! By the looks of it PGR4 and forza motorsport 2 are both going to make up for it!

A friend of mine has a PS3 that he brought back from Singapore! The console is very nice and in some instances the graphics are exceptional, but not a huge leap over the 360.

It's hugely expensive and the controller is cr&p! No feedback, too small and feels quite flimsy!

The main things for me with the 360 is Live. I can get online with my mates in the evening and have a few games, a couple of laps of the 'ring etc...

The PS3 will support online play but I doubt it will be a patch on the way Live works on the 360!?!?

It's suprising because I'm a big Mac and Sony fan, but in this instance Microsoft is my weapone of choice.....

Monaro VXR
Not interested. Most games are cross platform with very little differences anyway. Those that aren't are not out yet for the PS3. Apart from resistance but well it did not look that great.

Know someone earlier said they want a PS3 for pro evo and GTA. What i dont get is why someone would spend £400+ to play those games when you can get a 360 for £200 and pro evo is on the 360 now and GTA is launching on the 360 as well as the PS3. TO me that just seems like a waste of £200+. Be honest though im not the biggest console gamer.

The visual quality between them is non existent as was posted here a while ago the 360 is actually capable of better visuals than the PS3 so the only thing your really paying for is the blue ray drive. Something im not all that interested in yet.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Not interested. Most games are cross platform with very little differences anyway. Those that aren't are not out yet for the PS3. Apart from resistance but well it did not look that great.

Know someone earlier said they want a PS3 for pro evo and GTA. What i dont get is why someone would spend £400+ to play those games when you can get a 360 for £200 and pro evo is on the 360 now and GTA is launching on the 360 as well as the PS3. TO me that just seems like a waste of £200+. Be honest though im not the biggest console gamer.

The visual quality between them is non existent as was posted here a while ago the 360 is actually capable of better visuals than the PS3 so the only thing your really paying for is the blue ray drive. Something im not all that interested in yet.
i wish people would stop undervaluing the 360 and saying the ps3 is expensive.

Yes you can get a 360 for £200 but its crap, you need to get the premium pack plus most people get the wireless adapter then to be able to charge the wireless controller you need the charge and play kit and you also need to pay £35 for xbox live and after you add everything up its the same cost as the ps3 especially if you want hd movies and have to add the hd-dvd addon, then it becomes more expensive.

Its like saying a mini cooper s is (or was when they first came out) cheaper than a 182, you have to spec the one up but the other came with everything.

And I have a 360 too so i'm not a ps3 fanboy before someone says that, i love my 360, just going to get the ps3 for bluray as its the cheapest bluray player at the moment and will play great games and is even supposed to be better quality bluray playback than the more expensive standalone players.

It has everything going for it and it might seem expensive but you get everything in the box including the rechargeable battery and cable to charge the controller unlike the 360!

White Sti Hatch
Ill start caring if the Price comes down around £200 and if Devil May Cry dosnt come to the 360

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
they look good, but the fact tht its £425 and u wud probably need a high def tv to notice the difference between its competitor.

plus most games are mult format now. i dont see why u would have one, unless u have the cash spare, then who cares lol.

Monaro VXR

i wish people would stop undervaluing the 360 and saying the ps3 is expensive.

Yes you can get a 360 for £200 but its crap, you need to get the premium pack plus most people get the wireless adapter then to be able to charge the wireless controller you need the charge and play kit and you also need to pay £35 for xbox live and after you add everything up its the same cost as the ps3 especially if you want hd movies and have to add the hd-dvd addon, then it becomes more expensive.

Its like saying a mini cooper s is (or was when they first came out) cheaper than a 182, you have to spec the one up but the other came with everything.

And I have a 360 too so i'm not a ps3 fanboy before someone says that, i love my 360, just going to get the ps3 for bluray as its the cheapest bluray player at the moment and will play great games and is even supposed to be better quality bluray playback than the more expensive standalone players.

It has everything going for it and it might seem expensive but you get everything in the box including the rechargeable battery and cable to charge the controller unlike the 360!

So the battery and cable which if your cheeky most shops will throw in for the 360. Just ask them next time i did no cost. Wireless adaptor i got a discount on as well.

Even so £300 with 2 wireless pads, 2 games is better than £425 for a PS3 which has had the PS2 and PS1 hardware chips removed cuttings costs further for sony for the European version and making us pay more than anywhere else. Then the pads had the battery built in once the battery is dead you have to buy a complete new pad. Last time i checked the list price for the pad was near the £60 mark. So PS3 + 1 extra pad is £480. Then you need the HDMI cable etc. Yes you get a bluray player but meh im not fussed with that just yet i want to let the 2 technologies mature a bit and see which is worth going for.

Either way us the Europeans are being ripped off with the PS3. Were paying nearly double what the Yanks and the Japanese pay and were getting less in the box with the removal of the chips it means old games are now emulated and not all are supported ok its not that bad but it just says to me sony are trying to reclaim some of there money they have lost from us by giving us different hardware and charging us more.