ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is an Iphone worth it?

I've never typed in this forum but I'd thought I'd add my opinion as I have owned an Iphone and rejected it after 2 months....

Main reason why I rejected it was the actual phone function well.. was quite frankly rubbish.
1) Awkward navigation

The iPhone is awkward to navigate? Are you for real? No, seriously?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I've only had a play with a mates, but they seem relatively simple to use once you've done it for more than a couple of minutes.

The reason I won't be getting one, O2, and that's it.

Also on the plus side, it doesn't have the "I'm a total douche bag" look that the Black Berry's have (which is what I will be getting).

SLK 350
Even my 7 year old neice would disagree with that comment!

UI is something you can't argue against on the iPhone.

TBH I think an untrained monkey could operate an iPhone. By all means point out genuine flaws but don't make them up FFS :D

Scirocco GT 210
Is the iPhone worth it? I hope so, I've just bought one. Just unpacking the box now.

Anybody know if I'll get the chance to enter my PAC code (i'm having to change networks) during activation via iTunes? Or will it require a call to O2 custumer services?

M135i
Right im off to buy my iphone in a bit. before i get it back and hook it up to activate it i have a question.

all my current music on itunes now was installed on my old touch. now how do i get round transferring it to the new iphone with out loosing it and loosing the DRM stuff i purchased off my ipod touch and itunes?

apps im not too worried about! if anyone k could help me that'd be great.

Just install it as normal and then transfer it.

I think you can link each song to 5 accounts. I have stuff ive bought on my iPhone and my iPod.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
PAC code ordered. Orange told me it would be one week until i get it. iphone here i come ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
don't know tbh. what is the difference? i'd probably say black as i am sure i'd get the white all grubby.

out of interest... is there any fair usage policy on the bolt on wifi? i am probably gonig ot go for the £35 600 minutes and 500 texts as i only use about 300 minutes a month and maybe 100 texts lol.. so should be ample for my needs.

plus is the only difference between 8gb and 16gb models the memory?

edit - I want a bill every month ot be £35. are there hidden charges? are all the minutes free to any netwrok and landlines 24-7?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
plus is all data free? not only just from free wifi spots?

Yep, white in 16GB only. Only difference is the memory.

Wifi is free anyway as thats your own/someone you knows network. The 3G is unlimited and free.

No hidden charges as far as im aware. Minutes are any network, anytime.

M135i
All data is free. Fair usage applies but I wouldn't worry about that. I've hadnine two days now, it's simply brilliant!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
All data is free. Fair usage applies but I wouldn't worry about that. I've hadnine two days now, it's simply brilliant!

Since release day of the 3G I've used 38.1 Mb up and 247 Mb down on the data network, pretty darned low!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
ok cool, well once the pac number is here i am off down the O2 shop in town then tbh.

Meh. I really want the 3G one now. I had to use my No G iPhone to access the internet from a hospital car park the other day. It was slowwwwwwwwwwww, and probably cost about £5 :(

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm paying £30 for 700 minutes, unlimited texts, free calls to o2 mobiles and 10 free landlines. Unfortunately I'm not due a new phone until March 20th. At which point I can have an 8gb for free, or a 16gb for £50. I'll probably just take the 8gb, as I'll never use it for music.

Your inclusive minutes are to any UK mobile on one of the major networks, or any normal land line. I had a good read of the contract last week, just to be sure I didn't run up a massive bill by mistake. lol

don't know tbh. what is the difference? i'd probably say black as i am sure i'd get the white all grubby.

out of interest... is there any fair usage policy on the bolt on wifi? i am probably gonig ot go for the £35 600 minutes and 500 texts as i only use about 300 minutes a month and maybe 100 texts lol.. so should be ample for my needs.

plus is the only difference between 8gb and 16gb models the memory?

edit - I want a bill every month ot be £35. are there hidden charges? are all the minutes free to any netwrok and landlines 24-7?

Hush you.

Ive got my Orange contract to run which is half the price of the o2 one.

I'll do it properly in the summer when mine ends.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Yeah, :eek:

I think it looks awsome, plus people know your a big dog when you have a white as its only availble in 16gig

tbh, this is why i wouldn't want a 16gb one tbh. can you get the 16gb in black? an 8gb should be sufficient anyway by a long way.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
tbh, this is why i wouldn't want a 16gb one tbh. can you get the 16gb in black? an 8gb should be sufficient anyway by a long way.

Yeah you can get it in black in 16gig, fail for not having a. white and b. 16gig.

Seb fail.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i know how i roll. I only have 5.6gb of music on itunes anyway at present. but yeah.

My 2G is on a T-mobile Flex 35 plan. TBH it's the best plan I've ever had on any contract, but no free data, and the 2G is so slow anyway. It's definitely time to snap up an 02 contract I think, plus keep my unlocked 2G for using abroad with PAYG SIMs. Winner?

Seb, yeah you can get black 16GB too. White is a bit bent IMO :D

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i know how i roll. I only have 5.6gb of music on itunes anyway at present. but yeah.

That wont fit on a 8gig, as there only like 7.1gig plus when you get a 100 apps and a movie on there, then you will cry like revels does when people around him are getting a 3g signal :(

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
My 2G is on a T-mobile Flex 35 plan. TBH it's the best plan I've ever had on any contract, but no free data, and the 2G is so slow anyway. It's definitely time to snap up an 02 contract I think, plus keep my unlocked 2G for using abroad with PAYG SIMs. Winner?

Seb, yeah you can get black 16GB too. White is a bit bent IMO :D

Shush, 2g users on t-mobile have no place/say on 3g selection process!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
2G is old school though. IMO they look nicer, and you don't look like a pikey that jumped on the iPhone bandwagon once you could afford one ;)

LOL, or a tight arse who jail broke it to get cheaper calls, then failed when o2 offered a upgrade to a 3g even when you were in contract ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
hmmm dilema then... i don't know if i would be watching episdoes of lost on it though... hmmmm...