ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is an Iphone worth it?

S3 Sportback, Ninja
For the price of it id want it to be able to do that even if i didnt use it tbh

That makes lots of sense..

I want mine to be able to stand on its own and spin 360 degrees at the touch of a button. It doest though. Stupid iPhone.

LY 200
Lol @ Scoot.

I had the discussion with a bird on o2 iphone side about what it can and cant do as i was having trouble with something and come to the conclusion its cans certainly well outweigh its cants.

Address for the Essex store: Unit 245, West Thurrock Way Grays, Essex, RM20 2ZP 01708 717500

Store hours:
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm

Theres one over Bluewater too if your over that neck of at all.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
That makes lots of sense..

I want mine to be able to stand on its own and spin 360 degrees at the touch of a button. It doest though. Stupid iPhone.

How does that not make any sense? You are aware sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. If I were paying 150 quid for a phone and then tied into a contract for 12-18 months i think id expect it to have a video recorder like everyother phone i can think of on the market currently and for the last 2-3 years. Does that make more sense for you.. sir?

LY 200
How does that not make any sense? You are aware sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. If I were paying 150 quid for a phone and then tied into a contract for 12-18 months i think id expect it to have a video recorder like everyother phone i can think of on the market currently and for the last 2-3 years. Does that make more sense for you.. sir?

Fair point but how many other phones on the market have 16 gb built in, real internet, real mail and most other usual attributes your average phone would have!? The ones you actually need and use on an everyday basis!?

LY 200
Depends how much music and other stuff, films, videos etc you want on there.

Iv so far transfered around 1300 tunes over to mine and its only taken up around 4 gb so i probably couldve made do with the 8 however its always nice to have the extra and for what the phone costs on the £45.00 a month tarrif its silly not to imo.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I couldn't be assed to fork out £150 so just went for the 8gb i'm glad I did as I'm no where near full capacity and I've gotloads of apps and music on it

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
Fair point but how many other phones on the market have 16 gb built in, real internet, real mail and most other usual attributes your average phone would have!? The ones you actually need and use on an everyday basis!?

I dont get the people who are sying iPhones are expensive. £340 for 8gb on PAYG with a years free internet, which is usually £10 a month so thats £120 for free, you find me a better phone on PAYG for less than £220!

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
The Iphone is amazing. I look at in from the point of view i will never ever be bored again. Never will i have to stand waiting for someone with nothing to do, never will i be on the toilet with nothing to read and never will i ever get lost. It does everything and it does it so well. Buy one its life changing. And anyone that does have one download fish tycoon. Its amazing.

S3 Sportback, Ninja

I agree the iphone is exellent i was just suprised that it didnt have a video recorder and only learned this yesterday after reading the post thats all. As said it does alot more useful things alot of phones dont.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The only time I've ever used the video function on my old phone was when I used to forget to lock it and would take footage of the inside of my pocket, riviting stuff.

As far as I can tell, there are only 2 uses for cameras on phones as well.

1) Taking s**t pictures while you're drunk.
2) Taking photos of your genitals to send onto the one you love.

M135i
whats the opinions on battery life? i can live with charging once a day. obviously it'll depend on usage.

LY 200
2) Taking photos of your genitals to send onto the one you love.

Haha...Random biatches included!!!

whats the opinions on battery life? i can live with charging once a day. obviously it'll depend on usage.

I have my music running all day at work.......Not very loud but i have it playing and at the moment i have 3/4 of a battery.

With a fair bit of use my battery would need charging everynight.

Ive 2 docks, one by my bed and one on my desk. Always pretty full now.

M135i
cool, cheers. well i cancelled my orange contract today, roll on them sending me my pac code, only a few days now!

The people saying your tied into a contract in this thread is pissing me off TBH STFU and goooooo bollax!

I bought the phone outright £390

Then I bought an o2 simplicity sim card and get 1000 minutes, 1000 texts and unlimited internet access for 20 a month and this IS NOT TIED INTO A CONTRACT. All in all if you add all this up i.e price of phone + £20 x 18months it is cheaper than any of the contract deals by about £80 IIRC

As said previously so what if you cant forward messages, it takes wahat? 10 seconds to type a message, if you complain about this you need to get a life IMO. "Waa Waa fuckin Waaaaaaaa the cameras s**t" use your camera then like any other normal human being!! I'm sick of iphone wars on this forum now, fair enough if you dont own one and dont like it shut the f**k up about it and go back to your HTCs/Nokias/Blackberrys (all of which I have used and dont even come close to the iphone in terms of apps, internet browsing, email and everything you can do on it)

Rant over

LY 200
cool, cheers. well i cancelled my orange contract today, roll on them sending me my pac code, only a few days now!

Good luck mate, im still waiting on my 'pac code' since the 23rd December....They said it would be here within 25 days but im not holding my breath.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
The people saying your tied into a contract in this thread is pissing me off TBH STFU and goooooo bollax!

I bought the phone outright £390

Then I bought an o2 simplicity sim card and get 1000 minutes, 1000 texts and unlimited internet access for 20 a month and this IS NOT TIED INTO A CONTRACT. All in all if you add all this up i.e price of phone + £20 x 18months it is cheaper than any of the contract deals by about £80 IIRC

As said previously so what if you cant forward messages, it takes wahat? 10 seconds to type a message, if you complain about this you need to get a life IMO. "Waa Waa f**kin Waaaaaaaa the cameras s**t" use your camera then like any other normal human being!! I'm sick of iphone wars on this forum now, fair enough if you dont own one and dont like it shut the f**k up about it and go back to your HTCs/Nokias/Blackberrys (all of which I have used and dont even come close to the iphone in terms of apps, internet browsing, email and everything you can do on it)

Rant over

Now thats what you call a first post!!!

^^Awesome rant! TBH I think people are entitled to comment on the downfalls of the iPhone in a thread discussing the merits of the iPhone. As long as it's informed opinion and not just fanboy shizzle. Pretty even balance I reckon TBH. Calm down :D

Mondeo ST220
Some things it does great, the screen is wonderful and the Internet and ipod are brilliant. It's so easy to use and lots of apps.

However there are things I thought I wouldn't miss but do!

MMS is a big one, realise this may be addressed with apps etc... but it is a limitation.
The camera is poor. Yes I have a proper camera for pictures but my N95 was great for snaps on a night out or out and about.
The bluetooth can't be paired with anything other than a headset or other apple product it seems.

Which is why I still have my N95 laying about in case I want to send a picture lol.

Rav4
They are taking the piss,

You should be able to get the pac code pretty much within 48 hour max, helps if things are paid off.

Good luck mate, im still waiting on my 'pac code' since the 23rd December....They said it would be here within 25 days but im not holding my breath.

LY 200
They are f**king idiots, the bloke apparently arranged me a pay as you go sim card (which of course i didnt ask for) and that apparently takes 25 days.

He was too busy arguing with me about why i had been so hasty as to leave Orange for o2 even though they had been as good as warned for months. :rolleyes: what is it with there service these days!? It used to be blinding (i was with them for 4 years) yet my sister is also having similar problems with them as to what i was having!!!

I didnt even want the pac code after the chap just now explained it, i just wanted to cancel the contract which he doen there and then.

They must get so many people leaving for an iPhone. Most phones they can compete and offer a deal that you think is good enough to save you the hassle of changing, but with an iPhone they cant do anything.

I hope it doesnt come to this when I change, although if it does I'll just a get a new number and abuse the unlimited text policy telling everyone ive changed..

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
See i just couldn't lose my number. had it for over 8 years now. i just cannae let her go ;)

Nah, a new number is a good chance not to give it to the people that moan when the forum breaks or they get banned ;)

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
I've never typed in this forum but I'd thought I'd add my opinion as I have owned an Iphone and rejected it after 2 months....

Main reason why I rejected it was the actual phone function well.. was quite frankly rubbish.
1) Awkward navigation
2) People could never hear me on the loud speaker
3) Occasonally froze when an incoming call came in
4) Difficult to scroll down the list of contacts, always flew by the contact i needed in a hurry
5) Slow to auto redial
6) And generally a step backwards from my daily Sony K810i in terms of phone calling ability
7) Too heavy - always felt like it would break if i dropped it - gone were the days of throwing my Sony K810i in the dash - the iphone would probably break
8) Far too big - if I want a netbook ill buy one.
9) Camera was also a step backwards from my Sony K810i
10) No MMS - wtf is all that about?
11) No message forwarding
12) Awkward holding to your ear for long phone calls

On the plus side, the internet side was fantastic, finding wireless signals was brilliant and apps you could install was excellant.....but I wanted a phone that I could actually speak on and well the iPhone just wasnt and still isnt it.

Ill wait to see what the iPhone2 is like.

I agree the phone function isnt up to scratch but everything else beats anything else on the market

But for what I need it for the phone function "works"

Citroen DS3 DSport
I can't say I agree with most of those points regarding the phone functions, it works perfectly well for me.

M135i
got my PAC today from orange. let the iphone'ing commence. one last question before i indulge, what are they like to text on? i text more than i do ring (average 1400 texts per month) i had the ipod touch before it disappeared down the toilet, literally, and thought the 'keypad' was ok to use on that, but that was only used for posting on here really.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
There easy to txt on (so long as your not driving) tut tut LOL , if u send 1400 txt a month then u must get a txt bolt on, £7.50 will be well with it for you.

P.s to all the haters, I'm just sat in costa cafe on my 16gig iphone loling at u all, writing this and checking out boobies on ifap!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
IMO 99% of alll the haters are people who are tied into contracts with orange/3g and the likes who are stuck with wanky SE and Nokia's untill they finish there contracts!

Ps now just typed this while having a poo in costa cafe