ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is an Iphone worth it?

Mondeo STTDCI
Considering a 16gb Iphone....£150 odd quid then £35 a month.

Or....get a Sony Ericcsson for free on contract...then spend £150 on a Ipod or somthing. 2 gadgets for the same price...

So is an Iphone worth it?

audi a6 3.0tdi
everyone i know who have them love them. as long as you can live with a phone the size of a house brick and no media messages or video recording then you should love it

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Every ipod i've had has broken/battery given up the ghost.

So I'm steering clear of apple gadgets for the time being.

LY 200
yep love mine....can't beat a phone, iPod and mini computer all in one!!!

I'm using it now as work f**king bar us from everything!!! Ha

tiTTy & SV650
its awesome to use, you can get a phone for free too just ask o2 for a refurb (i.e. one thats been sent back within the grace period)

I hate itunes so that'd put me off it, but the internet access is very convenient and usable

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
iPhones are ok if you want to feel like a retarded dwarf that cant stand up without some help.

if you want a phone that is a bit more interesting, look at the HTC range of phones.

(i have the Touch Diamond, and have had them for the last 4 years.)

think the free internet is its saving grace....looks stunning, cool as fcuk and is intuitive etc but has its limits/ drawbacks like any other phone.

ive the samsung tocco and find it fine for normal functions, i dont really need a phone for much other than a diary, texts and calls. The price for the iphone is just stupid to be honest.
So in a word, depends on what you need a phone for.

koi

Audi S1
Due an upgrade but there's just no good phones out a the moment.

Can get the iPhone for free because I'm an existing o2 customer but didn't fancy it. Just to big for my liking and the camera is pretty poor.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
iPhones are ok if you want to feel like a retarded dwarf that cant stand up without some help.

if you want a phone that is a bit more interesting, look at the HTC range of phones.

seen the Touch Diamond or Touch HD?

:nono:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHa!

Wadddalloooooadddoffffshhiitttt

HTC make 1 and a half good phones.

1. G1
1/2. X1 Xperia*

*Runs windows = Half a point for nice hardware.

Rav4
You don't have a clue.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh :nono:

:rasp:

Not a Clio
You can do so much on the iphone that you're sometimes left wondering how you managed without it. Definetly worth getting one in my opinion. I've recently found the joys of browsing the net on the bog lol

If you're really not sure then pop into an apple shop and have a play.

Address for the Essex store: Unit 245, West Thurrock Way Grays, Essex, RM20 2ZP 01708 717500

Store hours:
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm

Rav4
Anyone that says no, has either;

• not used one
  • doesn't know how to use one
  • is not willing to give it a go
  • does not understand how it's of benefit
  • hates apple products
  • has been raped by an iPhone 2G/3G
  • is trying to be difficult and a pain in this thread
  • is simply a "retarded dwarf that cant stand up without some help" (big thanks to mugglesquop for the wording)

Octavia vRS tfsi
Hmmm, interesting theory there.
  • Have used one
  • Know how to use one
  • Gave it a fair go
  • Understand it's benefit and flaws
  • Nothing against Apple products
  • Haven't been raped as I haven't owned one
  • Pain in the thread? Is this supposed to be a thread where all the iPhone owners and fanboys get their c0cks out and massage them together? No is a very simple answer, some people don't like them.
I find that it's too big.
I find that it's too heavy.
I find the lack of MMS a glaring omission.
I find the camera particularly sh1te.
You can't forward messages you have to completely re-type them.
You have to sign up to contractual obligations.
QWERTY keyboard is crap in my opinion.

The iPhone is good and for many people they'll like it. I personally don't. As a phone I currently have a Samsung Tocco which:

Makes calls, check.
Sends texts, check.
Makes and receives MMS, check.
Can forward messages, check.
Plays MP3s, check.
Radio, check.
Light weight, check.
Compact size, check.

While I doubt I'll ever own an iPhone, last week I won an iPod touch and I find it ok. It's still to big to fit comfortably in your hand, the QWERTY keyboard is still sh!te to use, but at lease it's a hell of a lot thinner and less bulky than the phone.

Last edited:
  09 GIXXER 750!!!
I thought the iphone was gash and it went back after a week...cant send a photo message wtf. Also it wont pair with a lot of bluetooth devices so my new tom tom cant do the traffic updates! A phone today should do everything!

I find that it's too big.
I find that it's too heavy.
I find the lack of MMS a glaring omission.
I find the camera particularly sh1te.
You can't forward messages you have to completely re-type them.
You have to sign up to contractual obligations.
QWERTY keyboard is crap in my opinion.

Personal preference, but gives a good screen for viewing
Again, just personal preference.
An easy addition in minutes
Camera is okay for a quick snap, awful at night tho
I rarely forward messages, so doesnt bother me
Not true. Available on PAYG
It takes a while to get used to but I much prefer it to T9.

The iPhone isnt for everyone but I personally cant find a better phone regardless of cost.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Thought it was awesome, but i got a HTC HD as im with Orange Premier. But any HD or the Iphone are a massive improvement for me over previous n95 8gb. I just love the screen for browsing.

Both are the best touchscreen phones out there. I would be happy with either. But i dont see the HD as a 2nd substitute for me not going to 02, just a very capable phone. Even windows mobile seems quite bearable in it aswell tbh

Last edited:
  09 GIXXER 750!!!
Anyone that says no, has either;

• not used one
  • doesn't know how to use one
  • is not willing to give it a go
  • does not understand how it's of benefit
  • hates apple products
  • has been raped by an iPhone 2G/3G
  • is trying to be difficult and a pain in this thread
  • is simply a "retarded dwarf that cant stand up without some help" (big thanks to mugglesquop for the wording)

So what if you need to send a photo message as I often have to at work and can't??????????????????????????? I can stand up fine thanks!!!!

Octavia vRS tfsi
Yes mostly personal preference, Revels. But deciding on whether the iPhone is 'worth it' or not is all personal preference.

I understand that it's available on PAYG, but is it not vastly more expensive so really a non-event?

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
MMS is availible on iphone now!!!

I was very Dubious about buying an iphone before i got one... I was wrong, its f**king ACE.....

Phone Wars. Awesome.

TBH some of the points raised against the iPhone are valid. In particular the lack of MMS and no SMS forwarding. Mind you, MMS sucks anyway and always has. With the fantastic email interface, just email things, and if the recipient can't easily collect emials on their phone, then tell the pikey to get an iPhone. The camera is also crap in poor light. Other than those things, it pwns everything else out there so hard it's not even funny.

Also, what kind of a leper finds the keyboard difficult to use? LoLzerz, it's a piece of piss unless you have a bunch of bannanas for fingers.