ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone iQuestion....

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm looking at these.

Can i buy a 16gb iPhone from Apple, jailbreak it and then use my Vodaphone SIM?

Will i lose features?

Is it complex to perform the jailbreak? Or the same as a Touch?

Also, what are the best deals on the 16gb at the moment?

Cheers in advance

Chris :D

Revels Mum & Sister
Simple plug in and click a button dude to Unlock/Jailbreak.

No you shouldnt loss features, you will have to fiddle with it if you want Edge working on it.

There are NO deals on 16gb iphones. iphones have a set price dude.

The 8gb has been dropped to £169

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
as said, there are no deals on 16GB iPhone, I can't even get discount on them through work and I get discount on everything else Apple!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Rubbish. :(

8gb it is then.

Ok, so best place for a ready-to-jailbreak 8gb?

Will it definitely work with my Vodafone SIM?

SchwepTek™
Dude i'd wait a month or so because the 3G iphones are coming out!

They will probably be same price too!

SchwepTek™
Definitely! They are supposed to be beginning of June so unless there are any delays then i would wait!

Thats what i'm doing, been wanting one for a while seeing as i'm a bit of an Apple Geek. ;)

Depends how much you want to use 3G, but tbf everything on iPhone uses it like maps, etc.

Citroen DS3 DSport
You need to Jailbreak and unlock in order to use another network sim card. A jailbreak alone is not enough but both are simple to do.

No news yet on when the 3G handset will be released but most people are guessing before the end of June.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You need to Jailbreak and unlock in order to use another network sim card. A jailbreak alone is not enough but both are simple to do.

No news yet on when the 3G handset will be released but most people are guessing before the end of June.

Cheers Sneeks... definitely worth the wait considering how much it will improve the unit! :cool:

Mk4 .:R32
iPhones are an iRip off. They look quite good though, but you'll buy one for 170 quid or whatever, then 3 months later there will be a smaller, better version out and the one you bought will be available in TJ Hughes for like 69.99

106 GTi
Just buy one Christopher you will love it. MMS messages is the only thing I miss with mine.

Revels Mum & Sister
iPhones are an iRip off. They look quite good though, but you'll buy one for 170 quid or whatever, then 3 months later there will be a smaller, better version out and the one you bought will be available in TJ Hughes for like 69.99

Have you used one for any length of time? Doesnt sound like. The lack of 3G is a downside but there isnt much else. It does what it says on the tin a lot better than other mobiles IMO

Also your point being about it being superceeded? Can you say Sony, Nokia, LG. New phones every couple of months. Its the nature of phone tech

Clio 172 Mk2
for unlocking then are you best buying one directly from apple for £269.99 so you don't have to have the contract?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just buy one Christopher you will love it. MMS messages is the only thing I miss with mine.

Really tempted with the 8gb now. Direct from Apple with none of this contract b****cks, crack and jailbreak it... job done.

Hmm!

Apple aren't doing the £100 off though :(
Didnt think you had to have a contract through O2 shop either though... when my mate got his a few months ago he didn't have to sign anything?

Clio 172 Mk2
it says £269 on the apple site. does anyone know if there's anyway of getting one of the phones from cpw without signing up to the contract stuff??

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
£169 from o2 with contract - just off the fone to my mate who works for o2.

He can get them without contract though... We may buy a few unlock and ebay them.. :)

Nike Lunar Elite's
£169 from o2 with contract - just off the fone to my mate who works for o2.

He can get them without contract though... We may buy a few unlock and ebay them.. :)

Anyone can get them without a contract, you don't sign anything, or even choose your contract until you register it through iTunes. Rather than register it, jailbreak/unlock it, stick your current sim in and Bob's your uncle!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yep, I bought my iPhone at the weekend (16GB), you don't sign anything, you buy the iPhone, take it home, plug it in and sign up through iTunes, but there is nothing stopping you from not doing that.

Clio 172 Mk2
what so i can walk into carphonewarehouse tonight and buy one without signing any contract and then simply unlock it? there must be something you sign

Citroen DS3 DSport
Nothing at all. The contract is all handled via iTunes. Until you enter that contract then you have no legal contract with o2.