ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
The only thing i don't like with those types of cases, is when they start to loosen off dust and things get in-between the case and the metal and usually marks the metal etc.

The case is silicone but it's rigid, not flimsy .. Hard to explain but it's not going to become 'loose'

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Disappointed at the look of the apple genuine leather case. Barley any different to the silicone one (which I don't like either). I hoped the leather would look really nice quality.

DB.

BMW 440i
The only thing i don't like with those types of cases, is when they start to loosen off dust and things get in-between the case and the metal and usually marks the metal etc.

The rear screen protectors can be useful to prevent that if it's remaining in a case anyway.

Lesson learnt the hard way with a loosely fitting case on my 5 which ruined the back of it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've just seen the 6 & 6+ in town, definitely glad I'm getting the 6+, doesn't feel massive and the 6 just felt too normal after a few minutes of using it.

SQ5
The case is silicone but it's rigid, not flimsy .. Hard to explain but it's not going to become 'loose'

Is it the same material as the iPad Air cases?

If so, it'll be scuffed and looking terrible in 3 months, proper sub standard for Apple.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've just seen the 6 & 6+ in town, definitely glad I'm getting the 6+, doesn't feel massive and the 6 just felt too normal after a few minutes of using it.
normal is good, i don't want something abnormal to use all day every day!

i think it really depends on how large your hands are, mine are quite small so the 6 suits me, my bosses hands are huge, so the 6+ suits him more.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'd agree with that tbh, my hands are pretty big and the 6+ didn't look / feel massive at all, but can easily see how it could to some.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Is it the same material as the iPad Air cases?

If so, it'll be scuffed and looking terrible in 3 months, proper sub standard for Apple.

Ive had iPhones from day dot... Mix of market cases, Apple cases, belkin, I've never had one ruin my phone

Within a minute of looking at the case I wanted an apple staff member had gone into the back and bought out the same case, gave me the opportunity to look it over and try it out before I bought it. So just ask.. It's £30 for this one so you don't want to make a mistake

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've got the Leather one for the 6+, I had the same for my 5 and my 5 was completely unmarked (as was the case)

Fiesta ST3
The spigen neo hybrid is excellent. Slim, won't scratch, phone super secure inside and comes in range of colours.
Have you got this on your phone yet?
the reason I ask is that I've had mine on for a day now and the sleep/wake button is annoying me you can't feel the positive click from the button like you can out of the case I think rubber edge is to thick holding the outer edge to far from the button ??
hows yours??

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Just bought this for the iPhone 6

SPIGEN Neo Hybrid Case

3320b2g.jpg

SQ5
Ive had iPhones from day dot... Mix of market cases, Apple cases, belkin, I've never had one ruin my phone

Within a minute of looking at the case I wanted an apple staff member had gone into the back and bought out the same case, gave me the opportunity to look it over and try it out before I bought it. So just ask.. It's £30 for this one so you don't want to make a mistake

Sorry, I worded it slightly incorrectly. I was talking about the case being scuffed and looking bad.

I had the official iPad 2 case and was brilliant, still looks like new two years on.

I've had the iPad Air case since Christmas at £65!!! and it's a completely different material, it's shockingly scuffed and worn.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Sorry, I worded it slightly incorrectly. I was talking about the case being scuffed and looking bad.

I had the official iPad 2 case and was brilliant, still looks like new two years on.

I've had the iPad Air case since Christmas at £65!!! and it's a completely different material, it's shockingly scuffed and worn.

Sorry i thought you meant the case would damage the phone

My phones have a good life and generally live in my handbag, I don't tend to drop or damage them. Will see how this one does

SQ5
No sorry I worded that wrong! With mine being my iPad it rarely gets dropped or goes outside, just a pity from Apple after spending £65!

M2 Comp
Does anybody know how much of the advertised storage space you actually have left once everything is installed?

I'm considering going for 16GB, simply because after having my '5 for two years now, I still have something like 7 of 16 GB's free. However, I read that IOS now takes up almost 10GB.....

SQ5
Does anybody know how much of the advertised storage space you actually have left once everything is installed?

I'm considering going for 16GB, simply because after having my '5 for two years now, I still have something like 7 of 16 GB's free. However, I read that IOS now takes up almost 10GB.....

FLOL, where did you read that!

Even Apple couldn't getaway with selling a 16gb phone with 6gb usable space!

ST

Some stats from my 64gb 6'

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411338060.606476.jpg

Last edited:
  M2 Comp
FLOL, where did you read that!

Even Apple couldn't getaway with selling a 16gb phone with 6gb usable space!

Lol, no idea mate, but I'm certain I saw it somewhere..... I figured it probably wouldn't be the case, but just wanted to be sure.

Have you got this on your phone yet?
the reason I ask is that I've had mine on for a day now and the sleep/wake button is annoying me you can't feel the positive click from the button like you can out of the case I think rubber edge is to thick holding the outer edge to far from the button ??
hows yours??

Wife has had it on for couple of days and although feedback is not as clicky as original buttons, they do all work.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yep, my daughter's iPad Mini has the Red Leather case and the Red gets dirty, my iPad Air case is perfect still (Black Leather).

SLK250 CDI
Ordered the 6 by pre-release and it came Saturday. Going to exchange it for the Plus after seeing it in the shop though, 4 week wait d'oh!