ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

ST
d6627b49ec9a21ecf340557707b938e0.jpg

Mines been at that stage since yesterday morning.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The 6 is getting great reviews, but kinda getting slated/hammered for its poor screen resolution, when compared against other full HD models which are currently on the market and have been for quite some time.

The camera is also being scrutinised, but perhaps over critical as it's arguably one of the most used cameras on the planet and has actually increased in quality - or at least the front facing camera has.

https://www.apple.com/iphone-6/cameras/

Other than that though, it's scoring very well; high 4's and 5's. :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The 6 is getting great reviews, but kinda getting slated/hammered for its poor screen resolution, when compared against other full HD models which are currently on the market and have been for quite some time.

The camera is also being scrutinised, but perhaps over critical as it's arguably one of the most used cameras on the planet and has actually increased in quality - or at least the front facing camera has.

https://www.apple.com/iphone-6/cameras/

Other than that though, it's scoring very well; high 4's and 5's. :)

Poor resolution was nearly the only annoyance for me.

My housemate got confirmation that his will be in store for collection (carphone on O2) last night, ready for collection release day.

He ordered very late in the day too! My voda order has the same as above :-(

I can't believe I'm about to post this, but I'm seriously glad the iPhone is getting bigger. Been using my phone a lot for business in the last week and the screen size is driving me nuts. Going to order an iPad mini anyway, and tether off my new badass contract.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Poor resolution was nearly the only annoyance for me.

My housemate got confirmation that his will be in store for collection (carphone on O2) last night, ready for collection release day.

He ordered very late in the day too! My voda order has the same as above :-(

I'm a gadget nut, and although I have no real nuances with the iPhone 5 currently, I am slightly annoyed that they haven't used a full HD screen with the 6, like they have with the 6+. It'll probably constantly annoy me, even though in reality it won't affect me at all as the iPhone 6 is still an excellent device.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I missed yet another call from EE today! :|

I'm really eager to see what they have to say seeing as I have 2 phones on a shared data plan.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
For those who have ordered, picking at the warehouses will start for all networks between tonight (they'll likely operate nights for the next few days) and tomorrow morning (if they do days).

Then they'll hit the carrier networks at various points on Thursday for delivery on Friday.

Apple will be broadly the same, with a few tweaks.

Your Voda status won't update until it's released from the carrier system to the warehouse system, which triggers a status update on the network system. There'll be another ping when it's transferred from the warehouse to the carrier.

I don't know the ins and outs of every networks logistics systems, but they're all broadly the same when it comes to launches.

320d M Sport
Nice one Deeg. Problem for me is I ordered in the 02 store so I can't track anything, I'm just waiting on a text I suppose.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
That's how I understand it.

Lol.

It is a very organised chaos.

The biggest issue is physically getting to them. You can throw labour at the task, but ultimately, that has a capacity, so it isn't a case of you need to pick X, it takes Y to do it, so you need Z staff, as it gets to a point where they're doing nothing but being permanently in each other's way, and you can't keep locations stocked.

So you have to balance the amount of work, with the maximum number of people able to operate efficiently within an area, with the ability to replenish an area, with the use of temps vs permanent staff, vs other work that needs doing.

Lol.

It is a very organised chaos.

The biggest issue is physically getting to them. You can throw labour at the task, but ultimately, that has a capacity, so it isn't a case of you need to pick X, it takes Y to do it, so you need Z staff, as it gets to a point where they're doing nothing but being permanently in each other's way, and you can't keep locations stocked.

So you have to balance the amount of work, with the maximum number of people able to operate efficiently within an area, with the ability to replenish an area, with the use of temps vs permanent staff, vs other work that needs doing.

You are the sole reason it takes a lot for me to get aggrieved with couriers and logistics.

Inferno 182 CUP
The plus is getting excellent reviews. Everyone saying they discounted it and didn't want it and now think it's incredible and the battery is phenomenal.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
You are the sole reason it takes a lot for me to get aggrieved with couriers and logistics.

Lol, that's one less person thinking that logistics / courier companies are the anti-Christ.

Apple's model of secrecy / security over product launch also drives a lot of inefficiency into the process that needn't be there.

Ford Kuga Phev
Just checked my Apple store account and both of my devices are marked as: Dispatched on 12 September 2014

Track Delivery

StatusShipment dispatched12 Sep
Est. Delivery19 September 2014
CarrierUPS

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just checked my Apple store account and both of my devices are marked as: Dispatched on 12 September 2014

Track Delivery

StatusShipment dispatched12 Sep
Est. Delivery19 September 2014
CarrierUPS

Mine was showing ready for dispatch 10 mins ago, since you posted this, I checked again, and now it's showing as dispatch, but the carrier is showing as Carrier SYNCREON PARCEL which from memory is just something apple order show as, and It should be coming by UPS.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm surprised so many going for the 6 over the 6+.

I would say the 6 screen reviews weren't a surprise but the camera more than anything shocked me a tad, more so because Apple know how many they will sell and just how many pictures will be taken.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm surprised so many going for the 6 over the 6+.

I would say the 6 screen reviews weren't a surprise but the camera more than anything shocked me a tad, more so because Apple know how many they will sell and just how many pictures will be taken.
What's wrong with the camera? It's the same camera in both except for optical image stabilisation on the plus.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No not to do with the plus. I was talking about reviews comparing the camera. It seems a tad downscaled. I know MP mean nothing but at times they still do.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I missed yet another call from EE today! :|

I'm really eager to see what they have to say seeing as I have 2 phones on a shared data plan.

I got a missed call too! Was yours from an actually store rather than their call centre? I phoned back but they were shut... really hoping they want to inform me my iPhone is definitely going to be in, and not that it's been delayed for weeks lol.

dk

911 GTS Cab
No not to do with the plus. I was talking about reviews comparing the camera. It seems a tad downscaled. I know MP mean nothing but at times they still do.
I used mine on holiday last week for photos and videos, and they are incredible, nearly as good as my canon 7d pics, I've always been impressed with the iPhone camera, and that's on a 5.

iOS 8.0 requires 5.7gb! so will that mean on a 6 plus 16gb it'll leave me with 10.3gb or will it not require so much memory?

EDIT: never mind just checked on my 4s and it's only 920mb

Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 19.54.59.png

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I used mine on holiday last week for photos and videos, and they are incredible, nearly as good as my canon 7d pics, I've always been impressed with the iPhone camera, and that's on a 5.

In comparison to the competition I don't think my 5 was great. Cameras have never been Apple's big thing though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
iOS 8.0 requires 5.7gb! so will that mean on a 6 plus 16gb it'll leave me with 10.3gb or will it not require so much memory?

EDIT: never mind just checked on my 4s and it's only 920mb

View attachment 114414
It's only 920mb download, but as you can see from the screenshot, you don't have the ability to update as you don't have enough space, it needs 5gb free on the device to update still

dk

911 GTS Cab
In comparison to the competition I don't think my 5 was great. Cameras have never been Apple's big thing though.
See I disagree, I've always been very impressed by my iPhone camera, and i own about 5k of camera equipment.

I have an s4 and the camera in that doesn't seem very good at all, it's terribly slow.

Megapixel count doesnt mean a single thing if the optics and software behind it are s**t, the iPhone camera has always impressed me though.

It's only 920mb download, but as you can see from the screenshot, you don't have the ability to update as you don't have enough space, it needs 5gb free on the device to update still

will that still be the case on my 6 plus or will it already be on there so i'd still have 16gb?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
How much bigger is the 6 than the 5?

Couldn't afford baller spec I guess.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah, I went for a 6 space grey 128gb, I have a work galaxy s4 and I really couldn't cope with a bigger phone than that, I already think that's huge and only carry it when I have my rucksack with me.