ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
9.15ish mate, off my phone as the desktop site from 8.01 was a shambles.

Cool.

Just called and order was processed and confirmed at 2pm yesterday but there is a delay in the emails confirmations going out due to the number of orders apparently.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Anyone know if EE are doing any early upgrade offers?

I have 8 months remaining, I think last year they were offering a discount if you upgraded earlier?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I have, waiting on a call back.

Was just wondering whilst I wait in the very long queue ...

If you use the same content then you won't use more data.

Don't know about the iPhones on 4G but when I had an iPhone 4 on 3G 1GB was more than enough, I moved to an S3 LTE and found that I was hitting my limit around half way into the month!

That was browsing the exact same amount too.

If you load the exact same videos/webpages it will use the exact same amount of data.

Don't listen to anyone that tells you different.

I have a 10GB plan through 4GEE. Colossal waste for me and next time will be going with 2 or 3GB if available.

Thanks! :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Mine is due Sept 30th - Oct 3rd.

Sim free 128GB 6 in space grey.

Should have ordered a 64GB but went a bit silly.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
128Gb is a lot.

We would have ideally went 32Gb had it been available. My current 32Gb has 16.1Gb in use and 12Gb free.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
128Gb is a lot.

We would have ideally went 32Gb had it been available. My current 32Gb has 16.1Gb in use and 12Gb free.

It was an error. I have no space left on my current 5 and thought it was a 64GB capacity. Turns out after I'd ordered the 128GB model my current 5 was a 32GB. Schoolboy error.

Still, was only an extra £70. I guess.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just spoke to EE, my early upgrade fee is £267 - the guy said he couldn't reduce this however reduced my monthly payments - I'll give it a go next month to see if it reduces any more with the new prices.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm currently on an O2 simplicity sim. £10 top up a month which gives unlimited texts and a few hundred minutes and obviously data allowance. So that's £120 a year on top of the phone, therefore £820 overall.

That'll be £940 over 24 months obviously but I won't be tied to a contract which is one of the reasons I'm still on one of the original simplicity cards, which O2 actually don't offer anymore at this price.

ST
Just spoke to EE, my early upgrade fee is £267 - the guy said he couldn't reduce this however reduced my monthly payments - I'll give it a go next month to see if it reduces any more with the new prices.

Surely selling your current 5/5S would cover most if not all of that ?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Any one else feel the tarriffs are a bit of a s**t this year?

i.e a 16gb actually costs less per month than the same thing on a 64gb, AND you have to pay more upfront. The cost is nowhere near representative of the small increase in handset cost.

SQ5
Yes they are. Need to call EE and see what deal I can get. I'm paying £18 for 3GB and unlimited calls/text on a sim only which is making every phone work out to at least £150 more than retail on EE's website.

I think these contracts are a joke better off getting a sim free and buying it ee wanted about 300 upfront and over 40 a month what a joke

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Surely selling your current 5/5S would cover most if not all of that ?

I can get £180 through Mazuma for my 16gb 5 - which helps.

Just phoned them back to try and speak t o the upgrades team however just got told they are not accepting upgrades to the 6 at the moment and to call back after release date?!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I can get £180 through Mazuma for my 16gb 5 - which helps.

Just phoned them back to try and speak t o the upgrades team however just got told they are not accepting upgrades to the 6 at the moment and to call back after release date?!

I was offered £160 for my 32gb 5 sim free.

WTF.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
6 plus
silver
64gb

£200 upfront and £38 a month contract (unlimited calls and txts, 1gb of data) with O2 through the CFW

Just out of interest why would you go for a 6 Plus but only 1Gb of data? Seems like an odd combination.

Mine's ordered now, going in-store is definitely the way forwards, literally took 5 minutes. Unfortunately didn't have an ETA though, although I note the 64Gb silver 6 has been pushed back to 2-3 weeks on the Apple site, so I suspect I won't be getting it on release day.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Just out of interest why would you go for a 6 Plus but only 1Gb of data? Seems like an odd combination.

Its no different to getting a 6, 5, or 4 on 1gb, it makes no difference. If you buy a contract you buy as much data as you use in average, if you're paying for 4gb of data but only use a couple of hundred Meg a month then you're just chucking money down the drain.

SQ5
I think these contracts are a joke better off getting a sim free and buying it ee wanted about 300 upfront and over 40 a month what a joke

Ridiculous, for me I need the contract to be £45 at most with no upfront cost for it to work out for me.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Its no different to getting a 6, 5, or 4 on 1gb, it makes no difference. If you buy a contract you buy as much data as you use in average, if you're paying for 4gb of data but only use a couple of hundred Meg a month then you're just chucking money down the drain.
I think the assumption is that if you are going for the phone with the mahoosive screen then you are more likely to be doing things like streaming movies or something to it, so thus would use more data.

youre right that if you use it for the same thing as any other iPhone then it won't use more data, but people with a phablet are probably going to use more data due to what they will use it for.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I think the assumption is that if you are going for the phone with the mahoosive screen then you are more likely to be doing things like streaming movies or something to it, so thus would use more data.

youre right that if you use it for the same thing as any other iPhone then it won't use more data, but people with a phablet are probably going to use more data due to what they will use it for.

I'm unconvinced! I think a device movie watcher is a device movie watcher regardless of screen size....couldn't think of much worse, I always wonder how people on the tube manage to avoid throwing up!

My wife's data usage certainly didn't increase from moving from a iPhone 4 to a note 3....she thought my nexus 4 was massive and I pissed myself when we went into the phone shop and she picked up the note 3 and was like "oh my god..I want it!"

I think I will probably end up getting a 6+ I've been on android for a couple of years - mainly because iOS was lagging big time and missing important and basic features. Apple seem to have addressed most of these. The 5s hardware has been hands down the best hardware for the past year (barring the stupidly small screen size).

Tim cooks apple is clearly vastly different to Steve jobs.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Does Apple have these in store to look at yet?

Will be buying a 64GB 6 outright but undecided between gold or silver. Want a change from years of black iPhones.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Mine's ordered now, going in-store is definitely the way forwards, literally took 5 minutes. Unfortunately didn't have an ETA though, although I note the 64Gb silver 6 has been pushed back to 2-3 weeks on the Apple site, so I suspect I won't be getting it on release day.

Because I spend my life on wifi and don't need that much data, if that changes I will up it

ST
Just checked mazuma and it's £169 for an iPhone 5 16gb, so I thought I might get something decent for my 64gb, but no, exactly the same price, wtf.

Try CeX:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410615907.948775.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ordered a 64Gb space grey with vodafone, finally got friends and family, so it brings a baller spec plan down to like £38.50

4GB of 4G data, unlimted everything else. £129 for the phone.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I've never gone two years before, but this works out cheaper than going sim only weirdly enough, and I kept my 5 for two years.

Also it means I can just sell the handset after one and upgrade to the S if it's worth it.

Makes sense mate. I'm just not into commitment so shorter the better for me. 12 months is how I roll.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Makes sense mate. I'm just not into commitment so shorter the better for me. 12 months is how I roll.

Calcs:

Both are for 4GB of 4G data, unlimited texts and calls on Vodafone.

12 Month Sim only:

£619 for phone
£21.60 a month over 24 months on a 12 month sim only plan

24 month cost = £1137.40

24 Month Pay monthly plan

£129 for phone
£38.80 a month for 24 months

24 month cost = £1060.20

I ways ALWAYS a 12 month man before.