ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Really? How many make regular use of the 120 fps function?

It's a short lived novelty isn't it?

Friend uses his to perfect his golf swing!

Missus took some of me karting and they looked pretty awesome too!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I've dabbled with 120 on track a little and my girls on their trampoline. It has it's uses, but having 240 is hardly a stand out must have feature IMO.

It's twice as slow than the previous one.

I can imagine you can make some pretty cool videos with that sorta speed slow mo as the 5s was just slight too fast for what I thought I could use it for.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be replacing my White 64Gb 5 with a Grey 64GB 6 I reckon.

Really fancy the Watch too! I just don't want to look like an i-wh0re.

Monaro VXR

I'm going to be honest, first thing that is going to be tried on is a big burnout in the Monaro. Got to keep this car related after all...

I'm trying to decide between a 6 and the 6+. I had a big phone for years and coped fine with it. Now I am so used to my 5 I'm not sure if I will find it too big with the 6+ or not.

Will definitely be going 128gb though.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
ScreenShot2014-09-10at070626_zpsc12006b5.gif

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I think it looks lovely to be fair. Massive improvement. If I were to get one I'd go for the 6+ but I don't think I can justify the money.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think you can begin to pre order on Friday, not sure if they will release prices before then or not.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I may get one of these, honestly depends on the contract prices tbh.

It's a phone at the end of the day, kind of went past that stage of caring 10 years ago lol.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I suspect we'll see most price plans released today/tomorrow. They won't release them on Friday as thats the order day.

I imagine each service provider will be waiting for someone to jump first to see what they are up against.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Think I'll wait to play with both in store before I make a decision on which one to go for.

So won't be launch day for us I think.

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Hell no!

I actually think 240fps will be too slow for a lot of things, but perfect for doing really cool action shots as it will make you look like you've almost stopped if you captured someone jumping or diving in a pool for example.

On a track fair enough, what's the point... Unless it's capturing another car mid drift, or a driver's reaction recovering a slide etc. It's better for capturing action sports IMO.

I currently use 120fps to record my mrs screaming when I make her jump as it's hilarious. 240fps will be a bit too slow for that, but I also used it on holiday around the pool for diving/jumping in the pool and going down waterslides and doing tricks at the bottom.

I imagine using it for action sports like skating will be popular.

Definitely a worthwhile feature!

I've read that the GoPro4 will be able to do the same and will be buying that if it can, may just wait to see on that front first as everything else my 5S is perfectly fine for.

2014 Focus Titanium
Not trolling here, it's genuinely good to see that Apple have finally stopped floggin the dead horse that is their own aspect ratio, and have got on board with 16:9. 6+ looks a decent phone.

Just because you film at 240fps doesn't mean you should play back at 240fps. It can be handy for other things with film makers, such as cutting clips.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Comparing sizes my Nexus 5 is as good as identical to the 6...that's as big as I would want/need to go to. The 6+ is just too big for a day-to-day phone IMO.

My wife's already decided that once she trashes her 5C she's having a 6+ though.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
The 6+ is basically an iPad mini with calling function.

I'll be staying with my 64gb 5S I think. Might get the rose gold watch tho!

Lotus Elise
Comparing sizes my Nexus 5 is as good as identical to the 6...that's as big as I would want/need to go to. The 6+ is just too big for a day-to-day phone IMO.

My wife's already decided that once she trashes her 5C she's having a 6+ though.

If you carry a bag its probably not an issue but the 6 is too big for your pocket let alone a 6+

Really had no issues with the size of my Nexus 5 when it comes to carrying in pockets etc, and its in a case. At first it seemed HUGE, but after a month or so it just feels like a normal size and when I use the other halfs 5, it feels like a small toy.

Size of the 6 will be no issue once you start using it, 6+ however, its too big!